[Trade] Ryan McLeod, Tyler Tullio to Buffalo, Matt Savoie to Edmonton

Horrible trade for Buffalo. I hate this trade so much. Potentially giving a top 6 dynamic forward in the next 2-3 seasons on an ELC. Horrible trade all around. Why the fuck does the Sabres have to screw themselves and us with one move?!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Horrible trade for Buffalo. I hate this trade so much. Potentially giving a top 6 dynamic forward in the next 2-3 seasons on an ELC. Horrible trade all around. Why the fuck does the Sabres have to screw themselves and us with one move?!

Agree with all these points but your concern lies with the wrong team in this seemingly one sided transaction.

Unless you’re from Buffalo. Last time I looked they don’t play in the Pacific Division and the Oilers do.

32 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Agree with all these points but your concern lies with the wrong team in this seemingly one sided transaction.

Unless you’re from Buffalo. Last time I looked they don’t play in the Pacific Division and the Oilers do.

I am mad because they gave the Oilers, our biggest division rivals a potential top 6 forward on ELC for the next 2-3 years.

• Cheers 1

Top end prospect and a cap dump for the Coilers... Not sure if it's enough to get Broberg and Holloway signed... Guess it depends if Kane really is going on LTIR. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

perhaps buffalo knows something about the prospect they've had in their system for 2 years that random people on an internet forum don't know?

Doesn't mean you trade a highly touted prospect for pennies on the dollar. Lol.

54 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

maybe there's a reason for it ...

3 minutes ago, tas said:

maybe there's a reason for it ...

Dubois had much more public issues and still fetched a haul for Winnipeg. But sure, the lazy answer of "maybe they know something you all don't." Works. Bet you felt real smart when you made the comment too. 🤓

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

So keep a known issue? Assuming that's the case here.

So getting more for Savoie in a trade means keeping him? Not sure how the logic tracks, but if that's how you interpreted it. I guess so.

13 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Dubois had much more public issues and still fetched a haul for Winnipeg. But sure, the lazy answer of "maybe they know something you all don't." Works. Bet you felt real smart when you made the comment too. 🤓

if choosing to acknowledge that there are other possibilities besides a bunch of internet randoms with absolutely zero first, second, or even third hand knowledge of the situation somehow having a better read of things than the highly paid executives that run the NHL club in question makes me smart, so be it I guess. 

that seems like a pretty low bar to me though. 

12 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

So getting more for Savoie in a trade means keeping him? Not sure how the logic tracks, but if that's how you interpreted it. I guess so.

if there is an issue, what makes you think the other teams wouldn't know about it?

11 minutes ago, tas said:

if choosing to acknowledge that there are other possibilities besides a bunch of internet randoms with absolutely zero first, second, or even third hand knowledge of the situation somehow having a better read of things than the highly paid executives that run the NHL club in question makes me smart, so be it I guess. 

that seems like a pretty low bar to me though. 

Acknowledging there are things, but being uppity about it and claiming people that think Buffalo didn't get enough as not knowing anything is pretentious. Buffalo very well could have just bungled the trade. I think you're not acknowledging that possibility either.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Acknowledging there are things, but being uppity about it and claiming people that think Buffalo didn't get enough as not knowing anything is pretentious. Buffalo very well could have just bungled the trade. I think you're not acknowledging that possibility either.

it strikes me as remarkably unlikely that there wasn't an underlying reason of some sort.

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

So what would you have done?

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Ryan Mcleod isn't exactly spare parts but I wouldn't give up a top prospect for him. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Ryan Mcleod isn't exactly spare parts but I wouldn't give up a top prospect for him. 

Regardless of the prospect, I do think EDM is going to miss McLeod in their lineup.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Regardless of the prospect, I do think EDM is going to miss McLeod in their lineup.

That's what I'm thinking too. This is a rare trade that doesn't really make sense for either team. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tas said:

perhaps buffalo knows something about the prospect they've had in their system for 2 years that random people on an internet forum don't know?

Yup

Remember hi kick Gaudette