[Trade] Ryan McLeod, Tyler Tullio to Buffalo, Matt Savoie to Edmonton

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nope.  Very rarely drink.  Gave it up 20 years ago.

-----

I enjoy the banter.  I've been indifferent about the Sabres for the last 3 years.  It hit an all-time high last season after the players had the gall to think they were punishing the fans by not saluting them at the end of the games anymore.  They did that because fans wanted the coach replaced.

After the season ended with them sucking like usual, they finally admitted that they should have done better and worked harder.  Then they threw the coach under the bus and said he should have been tougher on the team.  Exactly what us fans had said and what they had a hissy fit about.

You get boo'd in Buffalo, not for losing; you get boo'd when it's obvious that you're purposely sandbagging.  As much as people here in Buffalo don't like Eichel, he was the first to ring that bell and publicly warn the organization that there were players that were just satisfied doing the minimum to stay in the NHL and collecting an NHL cheque.

That is why I had said last season, here on the board, while the sh*tshow on ice was still going on, that I wanted Ruff to be rehired.  He cares about the city, the organization, and the team.  He will take it personal when players aren't doing their best.  Even if it doesn't translate into a Cup, Ruff will change the lazy loser culture that has been in that building for far too long.

If I could draft anyone of a fan of a different team, It be you..Then we'd kidnap Coiler fan @Dumb Nuckand give him a hug cause he needs one! AND THEN..Long of the Bob will introduce himself! @Bob Long

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 6:05 PM, tas said:

perhaps buffalo knows something about the prospect they've had in their system for 2 years that random people on an internet forum don't know?

Perhaps Buffalo does not anything about hockey and has pressure to make playoffs or Pegula is going to sell the team.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Agkr3w said:

Perhaps Buffalo does not anything about hockey and has pressure to make playoffs or Pegula is going to sell the team.

Buffalo has always loved hockey.  It's basketball and baseball that people here don't care much about.  The LA Clippers began in Buffalo (Braves).  However, people stopped selling out the arena a few years ago out of protest for the state of the organization and attendance has yet to recover.

Pegula continues to deny that he is selling the team and I believe him for now. 

Problem is, Keybank Center is almost 30 years old now and he will start pushing for a new one within the next 10 years.  We just gave him nearly a billion dollars for a new stadium for his football team (Bills). 

The Pegulas recently had some family infighting which switched up their inheritance plan.  His daughter Jessica was primed to take over the sports teams after her father's death.  She wrote an article in the Player Tribune that aired some of the family business against her father's wishes, so the inheritance plan has switched to his eldest daughter, Laura.  Laura now owns a very small piece (1%) of the football team instead of Jessica.

Laura is a businesswoman.  Jessica loves sports (she's a pro tennis player ranked in the top 5) If there's any pushback against paying for a new arena after their father passes away in the next 15-20 years, I can see Laura moving the team.  The mother is legally persona non grata ever since her stroke and is under the guardianship of her husband.

Edited by Sabrefan1
clarity

1 hour ago, Agkr3w said:

you think that's it?

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Buffalo has always loved hockey.  It's basketball and baseball that people here don't care much about.  The LA Clippers began in Buffalo (Braves).  However, people stopped selling out the arena a few years ago out of protest for the state of the organization and attendance has yet to recover.

Pegula continues to deny that he is selling the team and I believe him for now. 

Problem is, Keybank Center is almost 30 years old now and he will start pushing for a new one within the next 10 years.  We just gave him nearly a billion dollars for a new stadium for his football team (Bills). 

The Pegulas recently had some family infighting which switched up their inheritance plan.  His daughter Jessica was primed to take over the sports teams after her father's death.  She wrote an article in the Player Tribune that aired some of the family business against her father's wishes, so the inheritance plan has switched to his eldest daughter, Laura.  Laura now owns a very small piece (1%) of the football team instead of Jessica.

Laura is a businesswoman.  Jessica loves sports (she's a pro tennis player ranked in the top 5) If there's any pushback against paying for a new arena after their father passes away in the next 15-20 years, I can see Laura moving the team.  The mother is legally persona non grata ever since her stroke and is under the guardianship of her husband.

Keybank is such a pile. Drive by it everyday to work, they have done a wonderful job with surrounding area, but new Bills stadium should of somehow went downtown. Orchard park is meh... I seen there's a piece of ownership for sale or iv heard like 5% of the bills or something. 

Either way Sabres has been ran by him like he is a fan not an owner, that's a recipe for disaster. No move has panned out even the slightest minus Tage and that's technically a wash because O'Reilly won a cup and Conn Smythe so you could argue they lost that trade as well.

Either way Go Bills!

5 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nope.  Very rarely drink.  Gave it up 20 years ago.

-----

I enjoy the banter.  I've been indifferent about the Sabres for the last 3 years.  It hit an all-time high last season after the players had the gall to think they were punishing the fans by not saluting them at the end of the games anymore.  They did that because fans wanted the coach replaced.

After the season ended with them sucking like usual, they finally admitted that they should have done better and worked harder.  Then they threw the coach under the bus and said he should have been tougher on the team.  Exactly what us fans had said and what they had a hissy fit about.

You get boo'd in Buffalo, not for losing; you get boo'd when it's obvious that you're purposely sandbagging.  As much as people here in Buffalo don't like Eichel, he was the first to ring that bell and publicly warn the organization that there were players that were just satisfied doing the minimum to stay in the NHL and collecting an NHL cheque.

That is why I had said last season, here on the board, while the sh*tshow on ice was still going on, that I wanted Ruff to be rehired.  He cares about the city, the organization, and the team.  He will take it personal when players aren't doing their best.  Even if it doesn't translate into a Cup, Ruff will change the lazy loser culture that has been in that building for far too long.

See you in the finals bro!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Agkr3w said:

Just an Opinion after the Medical stuff with wife, I don't think Pegula's focus is on running two teams. 

luckily hockey ops takes care of that. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 7:31 PM, Agkr3w said:

Keybank is such a pile. Drive by it everyday to work, they have done a wonderful job with surrounding area, but new Bills stadium should of somehow went downtown. Orchard park is meh... I seen there's a piece of ownership for sale or iv heard like 5% of the bills or something. 

Either way Sabres has been ran by him like he is a fan not an owner, that's a recipe for disaster. No move has panned out even the slightest minus Tage and that's technically a wash because O'Reilly won a cup and Conn Smythe so you could argue they lost that trade as well.

Either way Go Bills!

Keybank isn't that bad.  It definitely could use some internal upgrades and a facelift though besides the new roof that they were recently forced to replace.  They're booting Golisano's company from the concessions and replacing him with Jerry Jones' concession company.  I also wonder if they ever replaced the fricken hot water heaters that supply the customer restrooms.  It's been quite a while since I've gone to a game so I have no idea if they did.

I think Pegula is much more hands off with the Sabres organization now.  Once the Bills got good in 2017, they became his favourite toy.  Unfortunately for the 6 years that he meddled with the Sabres front office, the losing culture was established and ingrained.

Had the new Bills stadium been put downtown, it would have cost nearly $3 Billion because they would have had to upgrade the surrounding area whereas the current location already has the needed infrastructure in place.  Orchard Park is a good place for it.  It's set out of the way and isn't surrounded by much of anything.  I think even ECC South is going to be vacating that area eventually which will be good for parking if the Bills buy the property from them.  Also, Buffalo cops are as*holes.  They would have been bad for tailgating.  Then Mayor Steve "Byron Brown" Erkel would slap up as many parking meters and no parking areas as possible so he could generate fine revenue.

Edited by Sabrefan1
spelling
  • Like 1