[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Tonight’s top-six forward group for tonight’s Pre-Season game:

Kane - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman

Skinner in the starter’s net. #Oilers

Game will be over on powerplay goals if the pk isn’t up to the task.

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

I would put money on 30%... against Calgary it was 10% 

Joshua - Raty - Bains 

Podkolzin - Dries - Karlsson 

I'd also put money on those two lines playing tonight. 

30% is low. I'm guessing we'll see closer to 70% tonight. We at least need to have our top 6 fwds and top 3 dmen tonight with, at the very least, DeSmith in net the whole night. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Tonight’s top-six forward group for tonight’s Pre-Season game:

Kane - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman

Skinner in the starter’s net. #Oilers

Yeah you can see the AB teams trying to pile it on the Canucks and bury their confidence from day 1 - Smart thinking if so. I can't remember ever seeing as strong rosters put out in G1/2 of the preseason. Yeah 2-5 starters might be in there, but icing 3 top lines + D pairs and full PP - not sure i can remember an instance of that for both game 1 and 2 ? 

Wouldn't it be Karma if McDavid and Drasaitl injury each other in a on ice collision and are out for 3-5 months each 🤣

Shouldn't matter much as i think from the Nux POV I think we need to focus on tuning up the systems and building chemistry for the starting team now.

We gave the fringe players a chance to see what it takes to play in the NHL and they learned that lesson in one game the very hard way. The skill level is high, its completely unforgiving and if you dish up that kinda hungover pond hockey performance your never gonna succeed in it - take the year in the A to reflect on that failure. 

Sure give the few that missed out on that shit show and the 2-3 that didn't look complete ass a few more try outs but need to focus now on hitting that first game of the reg in the best shape possible. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, A_G said:

Hoping we see Aman Bluegar Studnicka tonight. IMO tocchett wants his 4th line to play a big match up role.  tonight would be a good first test.  

Yup I agree with this. Good litmus test to see if they can go up against a powerhouse line. I wonder if Joshua is in as a "prove me wrong" after Tocchet's comments

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah you can see the AB teams trying to pile it on the Canucks and bury their confidence from day 1 - Smart thinking if so. I can't remember ever seeing as strong rosters put out in G1/2 of the preseason. Yeah 2-5 starters might be in there, but icing 3 top lines + D pairs and full PP - not sure i can remember an instance of that for both game 1 and 2 ? 

Wouldn't it be Karma if McDavid and Drasaitl injury each other in a on ice collision and are out for 3-5 months each 🤣

Shouldn't matter much as i think from the Nux POV I think we need to focus on tuning up the systems and building chemistry for the starting team now.

We gave the fringe players a chance to see what it takes to play in the NHL and they learned that lesson in one game the very hard way. The skill level is high, its completely unforgiving and if you dish up that kinda hungover pond hockey performance your never gonna succeed in it - take the year in the A to reflect on that failure. 

Sure give the few that missed out on that shit show and the 2-3 that didn't look complete ass a few more try outs but need to focus now on hitting that first game of the reg in the best shape possible. 

well theyre just burying the confidence of the abbotsford canucks which really is just a bit of a dick move, graphic below to illustrate

ice cream GIF

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Truefan99 said:

image.thumb.gif.11f3252cba6dec2896c2280dee05cf63.gif

VS

image.gif.af2e3d187405912cfa353e3b64661fb5.gif

More to come!

TEAM STATS

mel gibson braveheart GIF

IMG_1153.jpeg.e2d0fc8ef53e6d71fbec1b8f2aa80c33.jpeg

Forward lines at Canucks practice:

Mikheyev/Höglander-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Di Giuseppe-Miller-Boeser

Beauvillier-Suter-Garland

Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Defence pairings at #Canucks practice:

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Brisebois-Wolanin

Go Canucks go

Win or lose, I'm just happy to be getting to watch some Canucks hockey; what a long summer.

I really like watching the young guys, guys on second chances, etc, cuz they work their Marchands off.

Tocchet has introduced a lot (?), well anyway, new systems and what the individual player's responsibilities are within them.

Last game it was all probably too much for an all-rook-type lineup but that's all in the rear-view mirror now.

I trust we will see progress on these things and if the guys are working and trying, I could care less what the score is.

Of course, it is much more enjoyable to watch when we win (even if it is players' dogs racing on ice) Go Canuck Dogs Go!

Slip-sliding through muddy dog walks – The Canine Fitness Centre

Edited by Goal_thecup
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

One wonders what the equation is for the preseason as to what percent of games playing a mostly top roster vs AHL squad is best in the long run.

That is , more of chance of winning = learning how to win together = gaining confidence as the real season gets closer

vs

less of chance of winning, and all that good stuff that comes with it,  but thinking about the long season and what you have on the farm, and depth with try-outs.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

probably not going to win anyway.  

Sutter the foundation guy is playing.  

Oil probably win this one then if we're not icing more regulars up front 

Could be a good chance to practice special teams in a game environment though, the Oil are likely to be a top powerplay team again this season