[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

can't honestly predict the winner until we see the lineups. 

if it goes as expected... E playing 1/2 their starting lineup and V playing 75% AHLers... then I predict another blowout. 

If BOTH teams play 1/2 their starting lineups... then should be close. ( still depends on WHICH 1/2 is playing )

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

It is exhibition

2-0 or 10-0 both are losses. One looks losing good and the other shows most of the warts.

That blow was just that but a disturbing observation was that a bunch of guys trying for a very few spots didn't react like being embarrassed bothered them or they were trying to stand out to make the team. A face wash here or there, a conversation after bumping the goalie, a sign of life.

Maybe that lack of heart was simply those guys all know what the opening day lineup is already and weren't going to react.

This game will be different, Canucks will have 90+% of the starting lineup.

It could be special teams vs special teams, the Canuck PK should get a work out.

There is no reason for any kind of panic ......... unless it is another blow out or the goalies/Demko have to stop 60 shots to keep it close.

• Upvote 1

I used to get fired up for preseason games, probably because I missed hockey so much, but this year I haven't watched any of it, or barely followed.

Looks like the Canucks got crushed in one game, funny to see the overreaction. This is all job interviews, a handful of borderline NHL players trying to make the team. I'll get really amped up once the roster is set, the games matter and points are on the line. 

So, will Podkolzin be traded (in a package) to bring in a RD?

Seems like an overreaction to ice our full NHL lineup this early into pre season.

The camp still has 40+players in it we need to test the younger guys more..nothing to gain here to ice a team that will already have 80+ games together let other players play a little as they always done in the past.

Edited by CanucksRookieFan

28 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Seems like an overreaction to ice our full NHL lineup this early into pre season.

The camp still has 40+players in it we need to test the younger guys more..nothing to gain here to ice a team that will already have 80+ games together let other players play a little as they always done in the past.

Who knows if the first group is our team, but if so, I'd tend to agree. I'd rather still ice a lot of kids tonight, but sprinkled with a few more vets.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

According to Tocchet - rosters for game 2 and 3 will have a sprinkle of NHL veterans and some players vying for spots. Sounds like we will see several regulars tonight.

12 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

According to Tocchet - rosters for game 2 and 3 will have a sprinkle of NHL veterans and some players vying for spots. Sounds like we will see several regulars tonight.

He actually says they'll have two NHL lineups with a sprinkle of the other guys, and then the last two games as their full NHL lineup, so it sounds like we'll almost see a full lineup tonight.

Personally I would like to see more of the D corps from the NHL lineup and some kids up front. Let’s see what we have in this reworked defence and who actually works together. Give Petey and Kuz the night off again. We already know what they can do. Put Miller in with the AHL squad and see if he can light a fire under them. Go Canucks go!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He actually says they'll have two NHL lineups with a sprinkle of the other guys, and then the last two games as their full NHL lineup, so it sounds like we'll almost see a full lineup tonight.

I took his comments as two NHL line ups that have non regulars added to each for preseason games #2, 3.  Games 4,5,6 (all at home) will have pretty much close to full nhl roster. 

I don't don't expect a full NHL line up tonight or next game. Maybe 50%.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Quit whining about what we don’t have and focus on what we do have. 
OEL gets 3 points against mostly an AHL team in a meaningless preseason game and he’s a superstar? Sure.

Lockwood looking like an NHL player because he hasn’t been sent down yet? Sure.

Zach Benson building hype, because hype equals excellence? Sure.

Sandin-Pelikka off to a hot start? Define hot start. Also, define how a hot start equals season-long excellence.

Buying out OEL allowed the signings of Soucy, Cole, Blueger, Irwin and Suter, but you seem to think we’d be better off with OEL. 

Lockwood, he of the zero goals and one assist in 28 NHL games, was not going to win a job in Vancouver. There are dozens of Lockwoods on the market. 

Benson surely has promise, but Vancouver did not need another small forward; they needed defence.

Sandin-Pellika has two goals in four games for the 11th place team in the SHL, but you seem to think that makes him better than Willander, who has zero goals in ZERO games played. 

So, by your standards, Vancouver should have kept OEL, promoted Lockwood to the NHL, drafted Benson or drafted Sandin-Pellikka. So, really, no changes at all to the roster that cratered last season. Sure.

dude relax, my post was mostly a satire. Comedy is now legal here, let’s have fun and not take things too personal. 

Edited by Bane
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2