[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Issue is that this fall and last fall is night and day because of how much the recession impacted us.

These prices must be last year's prices because I fully expect as should everyone here for tickets and food to fall in price as demand is cut sharply due to lack of disposable income. NO ONE can afford those prices this year as they could last year I am fully banking on tickets and food to be 20 to 30% cheaper this year.

the Bank of Delusions

• Vintage 1

Decent 1st period. Bit scrappy, as one might expect. 

At least we managed to see off 2 Oilers' power plays. Blueger looked good on those PKs.

Question is, who's going to score for us? I'm not seeing a lot of concerted pressure on Skinner. Petey's been busy but he's not getting much of a look at the net. Kuz has been a bit invisible, but hopefully they can both get some chances in the 2nd.

DeSmith wobbled a bit but kept everything out.

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Decent 1st period. Bit scrappy, as one might expect. 

At least we managed to see off 2 Oilers' power plays. Blueger looked good on those PKs.

Question is, who's going to score for us? I'm not seeing a lot of concerted pressure on Skinner. Petey's been busy but he's not getting much of a look at the net. Kuz has been a bit invisible, but hopefully they can both get some chances in the 2nd.

DeSmith wobbled a bit but kept everything out.

Imagine two shutouts in a row.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, WSAcanuck said:

I don’t know Heffy. They are not as bad as they used to be, 

Nurse, Ekholm, Brodie, Giordano, McCabe.  Still only 5 guys who have any business playing in the NHL, and only Ekholm and Brodie are top 4 quality.  Toronto got worse and replaced Schenn with more AHL trash in Klingberg.

11 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Thing is I played hockey in my teens and i can tell you that there is no way to keep control of the puck or even pass accurately the faster you go. You know why? Cause you are so focused on pushing skates and on your edge work that your mind is focusing on keeping balance and going faster you cant have your mind coordinate the legs for speed AND hands for shooting or passing ALL at ONCE, you simply can't so you have to compensate either you invest into speed or you invest into passing or shooting you cant have it all this isn't a video game.

So you’re new to the game, as previously stated, and also played? Sorry, but my shower cap senses are tingling and I feel like I’m talking to either a troll or a poorly scripted bot. Hope you enjoy the rest of the season!

• Upvote 1