[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, TheGuardian said:

It is exhibition

2-0 or 10-0 both are losses. One looks losing good and the other shows most of the warts.

That blow was just that but a disturbing observation was that a bunch of guys trying for a very few spots didn't react like being embarrassed bothered them or they were trying to stand out to make the team. A face wash here or there, a conversation after bumping the goalie, a sign of life.

Exactly, and to me it looked like the junior and AHL guys were afraid to go up to the veterans and show any pushback. Way too much respect given.  

That's what rubbed me the wrong way, not the fact that we got blown out. 

If our goalies could stop a puck, that would've been a 5-0 game. 

32 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

Lines Prediction?

Kuz- Petey- Hogs

Garland- Suter- Beau

Aman- Blueger- Studs

Bains- Raty - Mcdonough

Hughes- Mcward

Wolanin - Myers

Irwin - Juulsen

That's a side prediction that I'd like to see tonight.

32 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

19 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I took his comments as two NHL line ups that have non regulars added to each for preseason games #2, 3.  Games 4,5,6 (all at home) will have pretty much close to full nhl roster. 

I don't don't expect a full NHL line up tonight or next game. Maybe 50%.  

Yeah, I don't think it'll be 90% or anything, but more like 50-70%. Here's hoping.

23 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

That's a side prediction that I'd like to see tonight.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be 90% or anything, but more like 50-70%. Here's hoping.

I would put money on 30%... against Calgary it was 10% 

Joshua - Raty - Bains 

Podkolzin - Dries - Karlsson 

I'd also put money on those two lines playing tonight. 

Literally no sensible reason to throw youngins to the wolves again, especially with how far ahead of the game we hear that they're playing their NHL top 9. We were supposed to "sprinkle" some NHLers today, but I'm gonna be honest, the only sensible response to this for me is to have JT Hronek Petey Huggy and Kuzmenko dressed, with either Thatcher or DeSmith in net

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Literally no sensible reason to throw youngins to the wolves again, especially with how far ahead of the game we hear that they're playing their NHL top 9. We were supposed to "sprinkle" some NHLers today, but I'm gonna be honest, the only sensible response to this for me is to have JT Hronek Petey Huggy and Kuzmenko dressed, with either Thatcher or DeSmith in net

I'm assuming that our team has already flown in though? 

Don't know if this game's final score will look much better than last game.

Coilers lose their first home game 5-0 two days ago to the Jets.  Even though preseason scores aren't important, I'm sure players want to make it up to their home fans.

They are playing their A team and #1 goaltender to make sure that happens.

I don't know the lineup yet, but I hear its a split squad, so for a team like ours, with no depth, the line up should be up for a challenge.  I'm not expecting a win.  What I am expecting is a better effort, some good plays, some semblance of the "Tocchet system" working, especially on the PK.

I am and am not concerned with wins and losses in the preseason.  I care about wins, but its about a trajectory. The wins I'm hoping for are in the last couple of preseason games. The line tinkering has to be over by then. Hughes partner has to be confidently decided on by then for instance.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bane said:

Lockwood is looking like an NHL player

Like in a suit? Like on a hockey card? Seems like a good kid, but I'd be shocked if he turns into anything more than a fringe NHLer. He will be on waivers at some time, probably many times in his career.