[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't care about the W or L, but they better look more competitive. I know it's only game 2 of the pre-season but given how bad this team has started in recent years, we don't need the negativity of another blowout loss. Even if our roster is out-skilled, they can't be out-competed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

According to Tocchet - rosters for game 2 and 3 will have a sprinkle of NHL veterans and some players vying for spots. Sounds like we will see several regulars tonight.

Interesting note about Breezer.  Coaching staff really likes him, high IQ and was playing injured last season.

Sticking to my guns that he's my dark horse to make the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, DSVII said:

The entire defense was rebuilt in the offseason. Nows the time to play them so we can build some chemistry with Hronek, Soucy, Cole and experiment with the pairings. Hope we don't keep the main line out much longer

It's the same mistake that Green made where he kept trying to evaluate the AHL trash and still made the wrong decision.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

12 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The entire defense was rebuilt in the offseason. Nows the time to play them so we can build some chemistry with Hronek, Soucy, Cole and experiment with the pairings. Hope we don't keep the main line out much longer

I agree. We were chatting in the training camp thread last night about how important chemistry is. Better to start chipping away at it in the meaningless games before we hit the meaningful ones! Can’t start the season poorly like the last couple of years.

• Cheers 2

Any bubble guys who are playing need to take this as an opportunity to show they can play against sone of the best players in the world. They’ll likely come out on the losing end at times but just don’t get embarrassed. 

The entire team needs to outwork the Oilers no matter what happens on the scoreboard. The Canucks keep talking different culture and mindset. They have to show it though otherwise it’s just like every other year where we hear it’s going to be different.

14 minutes ago, GasThomas said:

I'm not saying that this is gonna work (maybe just 1 % of chance),   but IF Mcward can be the pair of Hughes this could be a HUGE solution for our defence coming from nowhere.

Canucks need one of their depth D men to really step up this year.

Like Tanev or Bieksa did for us all those years ago.  We’re due - not that it means anything - for a bounce in this regard.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bane said:

So far this preseason 

Canucks lose 10-0

OEL looks like a superstar 

Lockwood is looking like an NHL player

Zac Benson is building hype 

Axel Sandin Pelikka is off to a hot start in the SHL 

can the Hockey Gods just let things go in our favor? 

Dude, I remember when people were saying this was going to be a future first line for the Canucks after a handful of preseason games

Shinkaruk Gaunce Jensen

Chill lol

35 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Interesting note about Breezer.  Coaching staff really likes him, high IQ and was playing injured last season.

Sticking to my guns that he's my dark horse to make the team.

Tanev light imho... quietly does the simple things. Has had alot of time to develop into a reliable Defensive dman in the AHL and as I recall from his Junior days was an exceptionally hard worker and leader (he was a captain at 17 years old... not common in Junior).

I hope he makes it...you always need defensemen you don't notice, for good reasons.

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think we will this time. The vets need the work vs NHL competition.

I'm surprised that the PK didn't make this list, or at least special teams. I wonder how our powerplay will look without Horvat in the bumper spot. Hopefully our Powerplay is at least slightly above average this season.