[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, CanucksCritic said:

It looks like this team is going to have trouble scoring goals this season.

Yoooo, out of respect to some folks is there any chance you can swap your avatar for something else? Apologies but it’s a potential health issue for some ppl. Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

some bright spots for me: ofc Desmith, Aman joshua blueger Soucy. first half of the game for Myers was actually pretty good. Bains first period....glimps of Raty but his skating is atrocious. Petey hughes are rusty but will definetly lead our team.  everyones rusty, misstiming technical errors, positioning etc...well pre-season is indeed preseason. and with Miller and Boes we would have had a bit more offense. ah well...still time to figure things out and polish details.

Aman, Blueger, Joshua, Bains, Garland, Petey were all solid today. 

Sasson actually did decent too, although he's not NHL material yet. Studnicka was solid too. 

McWard looked just fine tonight. Brisebois was steady except for one giveaway. 

Wolanin and Hughes were excellent. 

Myers had a tough game, mind you he was constantly up against McDavid and Draidatl lines. 

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

My thoughts on some players

Not great:

Garland, Dries, Sasson - All three were fighting the puck most of the night. Dries and Sasson felt slow.

Chaos Giraffe:

Myers

Okay:

Hoglander - Lots of exciting players, but some questionable ones too

Joshua - Wasn't bad, but didn't stand out too much

Aman - Had some presence, but not a huge factor

Good:

DeSmith - Fantastic game. Very solid all around and reliable. All you can ask for

Hughes, Pettersson - Both were amazing as usual

McWard - I was very surprised at how natural he looked at the NHL level. Granted, it's the pre-season, but he meshed very well with Hughes I felt.

Studnicka - I was not high on this guy at all, but he might be working his way into the lineup

Soucy - Was very pleased with his defensive game tonight. If he plays like this, he can actually handle top 4 minutes

Blueger - Everything I ever dreamed of from a defensive standpoint. Chris Tanev, but as a centreman.

Overall, I'd call a 2-1 loss to that Edmonton roster a very successful game.

I was quite impressed with DeSmith.    Looked solid and well positioned all night.   We just need him to go .500 if Demko plays up to par and we will make it to the party.

• Upvote 1

I feel like 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Please take my delete of your posts as a soft warning. 

Giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Let’s get back to Canucks talk. 

I feel like I missed something that we should let go but I really want to know about… it’s just little old me, come let gramma know what happened