[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

He really did and it’s just preseason!

A veteran already in Regular Season form. 

I hope they make ‘Teddy Bear’ merch for him. 

He’s gonna be a fan fave I suspect. 

That would be great! Hopefully he works his way into an extension and is a long term solution here 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

With the core coming into their prime, they need defensive forwards like Blueger. 

The Nucks just have as many on his level in the bottom 6 yet, or the proper kind of bangers/crashers, imo. 

I miss Torres 

Yeah the type of players that help you win games. Need a strong bottom six if you’re going to win it all

Edited by Devron
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

With the core coming into their prime, they need defensive forwards like Blueger. 

The Nucks just don’t  have as many on his level in the bottom 6 yet, or the proper kind of bangers/crashers, imo. 

I miss Torres 

We are still missing a Torres type. The bottom 6 will be better this year but there are still pieces missing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

(This is my post on the old CDC that I copied and pasted. When I went here it didn't work for me. Tried a few times. Nevertheless......)

Thought they looked good. No one looked outta' place; new guys, young guys and goes without saying, the big guns.

I especially liked Blueger and Bains. Hogs looked good too. Joshua had a better game. DeSmith IS our back up to be sure!

Petey phenomenal on face offs; definitely looks to seriously improve his game as he said he would. Good to see Captain Quinn shoot more. 

I don't usually watch games with telescopic vision, but I sure was tonight and all in all they played a sound game. It was a great test to see how the PK would do against the potent Oiler's power play. Looking' good thus far. 

I can't wait for real games to start with a full roster. Raty and Bains may make things interesting come final roster choices!

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

The way I looked at this game ... we were better than the blowout, some of our regulars looked rusty, DeSmith looked great and saved our butts, and it was generally a step in the right direction.

It's still preseason and we shouldn't be expecting anything other than a step in the right direction. 

Next ...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh come on. Torres was a force. Lappy was the best of both worlds. 

That team, with Juice and Rypper were an absolute force of nature. 

We could use some of that. 

Lappy and Juice yes. Ryp even.

Torres was completely unglued and was a suspension waiting to happen.

Controlled aggression. Not wild abandon.

• Cheers 1