[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place, September 27, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #2 McWard vs McDavid

Truefan99

Who will win?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, Odd. said:

24 and 26 is absolutely not the prime years for NHL’ers. It’s usually 25.5-31. 

For goalies it’s 27-33.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/when-nhlers-get-old-they-get-old-fast/

Scoring in the NHL is a young man’s game. Multiple studies have shown that offensive performance for NHL skaters peaks at the ages of 24 or 25. On average, we can expect players to maintain around 90 percent of their production through their age 29 season, but from that point on the decline tends to accelerate. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

From Patrick Johnston on Twitter:

"Based on who skated today at UBC and who didn't, I would expect Pettersson line to play in Edmonton tonight, JT Miller's line tomorrow. (PDG skated with him and Boeser again.) Expect Quinn Hughes (with Cole McWard?), Carson Soucy and Tyler Myers tonight. Hronek, Cole tomorrow."

"suter skated today, but Bleuger didn't, so fair to assume the former will play tomorrow in Seattle, Bleuger tonight in Edmonton"

Thanks for this. 

so we’re playing our 1st and 4th lines, 1st and 3rd D pairs?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think it's possible to make drastic changes at his age.

He'll be 27 yrs old in February.  NHL 'forwards' prime years are 24yrs to 26yrs of age. For Dmen the upper age is around 28yrs. 

He might have a better stride but I don't think he'll be noticeably faster in a real game situation.  

Bo Horvat got quicker when he hired a power skating coach and started work on his stride at around 18yrs age. It took him couple of years to transfer it into game situations and he didn't really show break out speed in the NHL until he was 24 years old. 

I am very curious to see if Boeser can improve his skating and his game in general. 

17 minutes ago, WSAcanuck said:

I am very curious to see if Boeser can improve his skating and his game in general. 

I definitely think he will score more goals than the 18g he scored last year. 

I'd guess 30 goals because last year he had the nagging wrist issues. 

Hopefully his wrist is 100% and he plays harder on the boards.