[Discussion] What to do with the Brock Boes Monster...

KesLord

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wiggle out?  I've explained my stance ad nauseam and it's deeper than "ragging on BB.  But, I suppose it's too much to ask of you to actually put some comprehension effort in.

Quit with the insults.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If he had less points, than games played, he would have needed more than 93 games to get 93 points, would he not?  His pace, that year, would be  about about 71.25 points over 82 games.

Yeah, that's right.  My math was off.  72 points over 82 games.  Still his second best year ever points wise

• Cheers 1

He will be re-signed.

The Brock haters still can't factor in the trials he went through with his father. They pretend that it's not bias, but who are they kidding? I've had to watch two of the people I love the most wither away with terminal conditions. Those were far harder on me mentally and emotionally than the sudden losses.

The Boeser and Miller pair is our most important duo right now. Petey will probably surpass that but right now it's Brock and JT. I doubt that they get rid of half of that just to satisfy a few complainers.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wiggle out?  I've explained my stance ad nauseam and it's deeper than "ragging on BB.  But, I suppose it's too much to ask of you to actually put some comprehension effort in.

Again,

what was he worth, who are your comparables? 

• Like 2

The management will have a difficult decision on whether to re-sign or trade Brock.  He's reclaimed his game

and is considered a core player, who is very tight with his team members.  He's scoring goals like crazy and

has terrific chemistry with JT.

Another point to be made, is that they would need to find another top 6 RW to replace him; hopefully younger

and full of potential.  What happens if Lekky falters on his way to NHL top 6?  The Nucks prospect market

for RW is sparse.

And please...no trade for Necas.  Yeah, he fast, but he would drive Tocchet nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s not true. In 2919-2020 he played 56 games and had 49 points. That was a full season during the lockout. That was a pace of 93 points. It was literally his best season ever. 

Your math isn’t mathing…

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The management will have a difficult decision on whether to re-sign or trade Brock.  He's reclaimed his game

and is considered a core player, who is very tight with his team members.  He's scoring goals like crazy and

has terrific chemistry with JT.

Another point to be made, is that they would need to find another top 6 RW to replace him; hopefully younger

and full of potential.  What happens if Lekky falters on his way to NHL top 6?  The Nucks prospect market

for RW is sparse.

And please...no trade for Necas.  Yeah, he fast, but he would drive Tocchet nuts. 

yeah, and he’s almost certainly not signing a short term deal. This is the one area @stawns is right in… management is going to have to be careful giving him full term, but if he has another season with 30+ goals someone will give it to him, and who knows how a guy with his history will age. 

I personally would try and lock him up for the full 8 around 7.5. That would be a 60 million dollar contract… other teams would have to go to an aav of 8.57 to match that on a seven year term. Not sure if that would get it done though.  

edit: I really wish max terms were 5/6 years not 7/8

Edited by Dizzle
  • Like 1

I am somewhat emotionally invested. I like Brock as a player and a person. I am thrilled he finally got over the hump and even scored 40 goals.

I WANT to see him signed here long term and and for him to continue to succeed here. And I think he can.

One thing I like about Allvin is that I believe he is less swayed by emotion than most in his decision making. And he’ll do so with more information than I have.

My one cautionary caveat about letting him walk because of injury history is Willie Mitchel.

• Cheers 2

There's more room with Brock to negotiate a more team friendly deal and term. Especially since the organization has invested in him from the get go and supported him through all of his injuries and obstacles. My guess is that good faith will likely be reciprocated. 

I don't believe his contract will be at the extreme or things will be so absolute with him. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

This article was a great read about this exact topic. 
Didn't realize 22 of Boeser's goals happened in 9 games this season either, and his shooting percentage was nearly 20% (averaged 13% before)

Im Summary: A lot of the same questions we have are shared by the management team. Sounds like Rutherford wants to wait. 

Edited by KesLord

43 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

My prediction is Brock will retire a Canuck and be in the ROH one day. 

Edit: I'll throw in a contract prediction as well: 6 years at 6.6aav.

he’s at 6.65 currently… I have a hard time imagining him taking less than that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If signed this summer…I’d guess $7M x 8yrs or $7.5 x 7yrs.  This would put Boeser in the 70pt range for the next few years.

IF Boeser gets 30-40g season and gets 70-80pts, I can see his UFA status getting offers at the very bare minimum of $8M x 6yrs (like Buchnevich).

IF Boeser regresses, then I’m suspecting he’d re-sign for around $6M.

I’d gamble on re-signing Boeser at $7M.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Is his blood clot healed and won’t happen again? 

It was apparently from a blocked shot and not from a condition or anything like that

His clot once found was deemed very low risk of further damage and would likely only need treatment for a few months. 

He can still train and do normal day to day stuff but has to avoid getting cuts or contusions/bruising

• Like 1

I think Brock is a Canucks lifer. Seems like a great team mate, and he scored 40 last year. The sky is the limit. My guess is he'll take the Canucks discount, $8 x 8 when it's his turn to re-sign.

Unfortunately I think Brock is going to be the cap casualty from OEL’s buyout, which gets ugly next year. Don’t otherwise see where we get the cap to cover that, especially since signing Debrusk. Have to hope Lekkerimaki is the new Boeser. I think you just let his contract run out…kind of like our own rental.

3 hours ago, YourTimeisNow said:

Unfortunately I think Brock is going to be the cap casualty from OEL’s buyout, which gets ugly next year. Don’t otherwise see where we get the cap to cover that, especially since signing Debrusk. Have to hope Lekkerimaki is the new Boeser. I think you just let his contract run out…kind of like our own rental.

I think Canucks would trade Garland before trading Boeser if the cap is an issue.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Canucks Likely to Hold off On Brock Boeser Extension 

Perhaps they don't want Petey 2.0, but they may just get it

The best Canucks can hope for is for Boeser to slightly regress, signs Boeser to team friendly deal long term then Boeser plays lights out and over performs his contract.

If Boeser gets another 40g season, he will be getting a contract closer to $9M rather than $7M.

• ThereItIs 1

On 7/8/2024 at 5:13 PM, BPA said:

If signed this summer…I’d guess $7M x 8yrs or $7.5 x 7yrs.  This would put Boeser in the 70pt range for the next few years.

IF Boeser gets 30-40g season and gets 70-80pts, I can see his UFA status getting offers at the very bare minimum of $8M x 6yrs (like Buchnevich).

IF Boeser regresses, then I’m suspecting he’d re-sign for around $6M.

I’d gamble on re-signing Boeser at $7M.

You think after scoring 40 goals, the cap rising significantly and his next contract being the biggest of his career, hez going to take less than $400k raise?

• Haha 1