Proposal for Kailer Yamamoto (RW)

2 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

Was he ever on McD line?

If you can't pick up mega goals or assists paying with him, perhaps you don't have what it takes for the NHL, there are lots of high picks that have shown that

He was PPG playing with McD (check his first couple of seasons). That said, lack of interest is most likely due to his most recent year's production (pretty bad). 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Maybe it's the 5'8" 153 part.

Man, didn't realize he was that big / small. WoW, imagine him on a wing coming down the side of anyone of our D's and especially in a playoff setting. Yes, Hughes / Hronek are excused as that isn't really their game. Imagine if it was Donkey, never mind any of the other elephants, that hit him ... right out if his skates into Section 300 without really trying. Hard pass, unless I am missing something magical, would be a waste of a Roster spot and signed contract allotment.

Edited by Rocket-68

46 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If anything, we need to bolster defense more. We're pretty good up front.

Up front would be centre depth (more like a trade deadline deal).

Defense is definitely a priority, but I think management might want to see what we have and make a mid-season trade.

26 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Up front would be centre depth (more like a trade deadline deal).

Defense is definitely a priority, but I think management might want to see what we have and make a mid-season trade.

One thing about JR and this is proving true with Allvin as well. He likes to shuffle his lines and tinker. He has averaged 1 trade per month across his career. There's more room cap wise to make changes now, they will likely make some more moves. I think we'll see them sign one more D for depth and probably one more goalie as well.

You always end camp with more guys injured and on LTIR than when you start, you need depth to counter that.

• Like 1

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

I tnink some of our ahl guys knocking on the door are probably better and more useful than yamamoto

100% agree. As much as I think we'll probably add another D, a lot of fans forget that Brisebois was penciled in for starting lineup last year before his injury. If he's healthy, he'll be given a shot.

• Like 1

Enough depth up front with potential call ups from Abbotsford who could play better or have a better role in the line-up than him. Focus should be to add another D if we can.