[Signing] Utah signs Barrett Hayton

• Coconuts changed the title to [Signing] Utah signs Barrett Hayton
25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Love this player.

He’s the reason we were able to draft Hughes. If they didn’t go off the board for him Detroit doesn’t take Zadina and we don’t get Hughes.

Wild. For some reason I keep thinking that Hayton is still so young... I almost forgot that was the same draft.

'twas a wondrous day indeed 🙂

54 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's incredible. Two GMs had to poop the bed for Vancouver to finally get a Norris d man.

Ya, it was clear that no one thought he would drop that far.  I don’t think there was a major list that didn’t have him that high

Benning was delivered a lay up and at least didn’t screw it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ya, it was clear that no one thought he would drop that far.  I don’t think there was a major list that didn’t have him that high

Benning was delivered a lay up and at least didn’t screw it up.

Broken clocks, as they say.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Blind squirrel? 

True story, I ran into Jim many times as we lived in the same building for a couple of years. He used to carry two cell phones with him, and looking back on it I wonder how many times I was in the elevator with him while he was making one of his gaffees.

Actually come to think of it, maybe he got confused and said yes into the wrong phone?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Love this player.

He’s the reason we were able to draft Hughes. If they didn’t go off the board for him Detroit doesn’t take Zadina and we don’t get Hughes.

So ANOTHER team we have to send a yearly thank you card too? So be it!!!!!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Love this player.

I remember being pumped cause I thought Detroit was guaranteed going to take Hughes as he was a Michigan boy and we were going to be gifted Zadina

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KesLord said:

I remember being pumped cause I thought Detroit was guaranteed going to take Hughes as he was a Michigan boy and we were going to be gifted Zadina

Fast forward 6 years and we could sign Zadina right now for league min.

Never would have thought Hayton would be in the league longer than Zadina…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

True story, I ran into Jim many times as we lived in the same building for a couple of years. He used to carry two cell phones with him, and looking back on it I wonder how many times I was in the elevator with him while he was making one of his gaffees.

Actually come to think of it, maybe he got confused and said yes into the wrong phone?

I was always pulling for the guy…. But man it’s night and day watching new management lol 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Every time I depress myself by thinking about the 2016 draft, I think about the 2018 draft and feel a little better. 

2017 treated us pretty well too….