Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?

Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?

• Henrik Sedin
    • Daniel Sedin
    • Pavel Bure
    • Quinn Hughes
    • Elias Pettersson
    • JT Miller
    • Markus Naslund
    • Roberto Luongo
    • Trevor Linden
    • Todd Bertuzzi
    • Kirk McLean
    • Thatcher Demko
    • Mattias Ohlund
    • Alexander Edler
    • Ryan Kesler

It would take two picks to want to go with the Sedins, and a lot of good choices otherwise but it's between Bure - possibly still the most exciting player to have played - and Hughes - our franchise d-man.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was up until this year.  A Norris winning Dman is more valuable than a Rocket Richard winning winger.  It's actually not even close any more for me.  I'm taking the Dman 10/10 times...

Gonna wait until Hughes dominates the playoffs like he does in the regular season.  I'll take the 16 goal 31 point performance of Bure for now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gonna wait until Hughes dominates the playoffs like he does in the regular season.  I'll take the 16 goal 31 point performance of Bure for now.

It's still early for some for Quinn.  But once he dominates in the playoffs it won't even be close.  If he wins a few Norris trophies as well as the Cup, he is the greatest Vancouver Canucks player ever by a long shot...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If we are looking in terms of rarity, its between Hughes and Bure. If you pit those two together one on one? Bure wins.

If you look at pure skills as a hockey player? Its Bure by a mile. Speed, stick handling, passing ,shooting, slap shot , smarts, he had it all in one package.

Too bad he was taken out and injured his knee, other wise we don't know what he would have been capable of. Even with a bad knee he was better then most.

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's still early for some for Quinn.  But once he dominates in the playoffs it won't even be close.  If he wins a few Norris trophies as well as the Cup, he is the greatest Vancouver Canucks player ever by a long shot...

I don't know about "greatest player" but definitely our best defenseman for sure.

At his peak as an add to the current team, Bertuzzi. 
Bert and Tocch, match made in heaven and the team needs a PF, why not THE PF. 
Bert’s peak was very short but it was very high. 

26 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

At his peak as an add to the current team, Bertuzzi. 
Bert and Tocch, match made in heaven and the team needs a PF, why not THE PF. 
Bert’s peak was very short but it was very high. 

Agreed - except it wasn't as high or as long as Bure's.

As great as Bert would be added to our current lineup (spectacularly great) Bure would be even better.

And maybe 5% less tough, but 50% less time killing his penalties.

Posted (edited)

Bure.  Because his prime was his second year until he put the skates away.   His entire career.   His peak prime, in Florida, a good choice for the Hart.   1998 Olympics (and international in general), outstanding forward of the tournament stuff, and well 94 he would have won the Smythe if we won the cup (so close).    QHs is tempting, and could overtake this in a couple years.     Need to see a decade of dominance first.   Or at least five years.    And some pretty awesome post season stuff too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

for me it's stan smyl. he was an all around excellent player. he had all the traits that i love. he was a goal scorer, playmaker, gritty for a small man, 200 ft player, a great captain and a team player. he was a heart and soul type player. took this team on his back so many times.

linden would be second on my list.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Voted for Bure.  Mogilny was even better in his prime though, although his best years were in Buffalo.

Mogilny versus Bure in the dead puck era.   Wasn't even close.   His best seasons with bad knees, were with Florida.    Moginly had that one season in Buffalo, at the start of his career.    Disagree with this and yes i've heard the Keenan and Aucion stuff.   Aucion wasn't even on those early to mid 90's teams.    And was just awful  compared to the guys before him.    Until he wasn't.    Watching the two play was something.    Mogilny was more defensively responsible.    Both had mean steaks.     That team should have accomplished so much more than it did.   Bad circumstances.   I'd pick the guy with all the goals in a lot less games. 

• Cheers 2

Hughes, some franchises have never had a Hughes level talent on the back end and up until recently we were one of those. He is the engine that drives this team forward. 

We've had some stellar forwards of different styles, but only one D in Hughes's tier and that's him. 

• Cheers 1

Bure

I think he looks pretty close to  McDavid in todays game with no clutch and grab, no 2 line offside/pass rule, and no opposing goons trying to take his head off...

Hughes runner up, he could surpass him if he keeps it up though...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He is far and away the best canuck of all time.  He will dominate the playoffs and bring us that magnificent trophy

• ThereItIs 1