Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?

Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vancouver Canucks player in their prime are you taking?

• Henrik Sedin
    • Daniel Sedin
    • Pavel Bure
    • Quinn Hughes
    • Elias Pettersson
    • JT Miller
    • Markus Naslund
    • Roberto Luongo
    • Trevor Linden
    • Todd Bertuzzi
    • Kirk McLean
    • Thatcher Demko
    • Mattias Ohlund
    • Alexander Edler
    • Ryan Kesler

• 4 weeks later...

Very surprised that Alex Mogilny wasn't mentioned in this poll. 95-96 anyone? Bro had 107 points during peak clutch and grab.

However, if I have to pick one in their prime, I’m going with Pavel Bure. Bure was an absolute game-changer. The guy was just electric on the ice. When he got the puck, you knew something special was about to happen. His speed, agility, and scoring ability were on another level, and he brought an excitement to the game that few players could match. I mean, back-to-back 60-goal seasons? That’s insane, especially considering the era he played in.

Plus, Bure had that clutch factor. Remember the 1994 playoffs? His overtime goal against Calgary in Game 7 is one of the most iconic moments in Canucks history. The guy could turn a game on its head in an instant, and you can’t put a price on that kind of impact.

Don’t get me wrong—Henrik and Daniel Sedin’s chemistry was unreal, Luongo was a rock in net, and Quinn Hughes is doing amazing things, but if I’m building a team and need that one player who can take over a game by himself, I’m taking Bure every time. The Russian Rocket was just too good to pass up.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked Hughes because we likely have yet to see him in his prime and he's already someone worth picking as all time.

Plus there's the fact that having a good defender to drive the play is likely to have an impact to everyone else that defender is playing with, arguably more so of an impact than even a center.