Canucks outside the top 10 in 2025 odds

Blue

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

For about a week , it seemed like the Canucks were being fairly rated around the league. But it looks like things are reverting back. Thats fine. It's better being an underdog 

As long as the Oilers have the most technically unsound goalie in the league , I think putting them there is bunk. The Stars seem overrated as well. The Preds ? Nah 

Canes took a huge step back.  Defensively suspect now and still questionable goaltending when it matters

Avs are now down to Rantanen/Mackinnon/Makar and Mittlestadt?  Drouin?  One line team

Leafs...come on.  OK yes, they absolutely improved their defense but still no depth or cap space.

I'd put the Knights and Preds also in the suspect category based on existing issues and cap space

Canucks might not be a top 10 team but they're also not a bottom 10 team either.  The issue will come to be Pettersson and his wingers again.  Can not rely on the Miller group and depth players alone to make an impact in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

Wow, the Devils sure made a jump. Maybe cause Greener's out of there. 

Some might see the Canucks as taken a step back just because they didn't overpay for a big star, but that doesn't mean they didn't get better as a team. I think they'll be more gritty, fast and difficult to play against than last year. The Canucks did lose a big personality on D, but they did get a bit bigger. Allvin might not be done yet either. I hope he adds to the D depth. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canes took a huge step back.  Defensively suspect now and still questionable goaltending when it matters

Avs are now down to Rantanen/Mackinnon/Makar and Mittlestadt?  Drouin?  One line team

Leafs...come on.  OK yes, they absolutely improved their defense but still no depth or cap space.

I'd put the Knights and Preds also in the suspect category based on existing issues and cap space

Canucks might not be a top 10 team but they're also not a bottom 10 team either.  The issue will come to be Pettersson and his wingers again.  Can not rely on the Miller group and depth players alone to make an impact in the playoffs.

Canucks beat the Preds and came closer to beating the Oilers than Dallas. If Dallas and the Preds are in the top 10 then the Canucks should be too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Having Dallas in the top 3 and the Canucks outside the top 10 is fuckin joke. 

The Canucks had more success without their rentals at the start of last year too. Dallas loses Tanev is just nothing apparently but oh man , no big Z for the Canucks !

• Cheers 1

• Blue changed the title to Canucks outside the top 10 in 2025 odds

Arguably 4-5 teams the Canucks could easily replace on this list. I think we're a better team with our recent signings. They weren't flashy, which is what people are attracted to when predicting. 

Also the parity in the league now - especially playoff teams - isn't a wide margin at all between each team.

It's going to be another year of proving people wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

We could replace one of Vegas, Carolina, and Nashville imo 

Though Vegas and Nashville being there isn't really outrageous imo, Vegas was injury riddled last season and the Preds have really made some additions who should be great in the short-term 

I think we're better than Carolina though, given the talent they bled 

Rankings are subjective though so this doesn't really bother me, we may or may not be a top 10 team but we're probably a top 16 team and that's what matters right now imo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think we're better than Carolina though, given the talent they bled 

Carolina should not be there. Might be a challenge for them to make the playoffs perhaps?? 

26 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

Carolina should not be there. Might be a challenge for them to make the playoffs perhaps?? 

I think we could be swapped in for Carolina, but Boston probably could be too

I don't think not being a top 10 team is anything to get bent out of shape over, if we're not top 10 we're probably top 14

I can't say I really take issue with any of the others though

Edmonton has a better roster than the one they went to final with imo, they've arguably got the deepest group of offensive weapons in the division 

Florida is the reigning champ, I don't know how you don't have them there

Dallas is still a very, very good team despite their roster turnover

Jersey's made some fantastic additions, I would not be shocked to see them towards the top of the eastern standings 

Colorado has MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Makar, they're good enough to keep that team in the top 10

Rangers still have a very good roster despite not really being able to do much with their roster, Shesterkin is a top 5 tender

Toronto's made some semblance of addressing their defense, with their talent up front having them in the top 10 isn't outrageous 

Nashville's made some additions who should really help them in the short-term, oddsmakers being optimistic about them isn't weird at all

Vegas was injured as shit last season and they're not far removed from a cup win, they've lost some important talent but they're probably still one of the league's better teams 

• Like 1

Don't care. I don't wager on hockey. Is there anyone in Canuck World who is unaware that Vancouver is routinely ignored or underestimated? Comes with the territory. Not worth wasting our time being annoyed; it will never change. Ever.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

NHL logic: Not among top 10 for best odds to win the cup and behind Vegas and LA to win the division, but starting off #8 in the top 10 best teams. Help. 

IMG_8417.jpeg

Edited by Pears
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pears said:

NHL logic: Not among top 10 for best odds to win the cup and behind Vegas and LA to win the division, but starting off #8 in the top 10 best teams. Help. 

IMG_8417.jpeg

It's almost like it's all bs and rigged somehow.

42 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Dallas at 3, N.J at 4 and Carolina at 6, thanks for the laugh whoever composed this list.

Are these listings designed to free people from their money before the season begins? 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Are these listings designed to free people from their money before the season begins? 

You gotta be pretty dumb imo to lay money on Carolina or N.J.

I might as well bet on sharks or hawks. You guys definitely belong in top 6 of that list.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blue said:

For about a week , it seemed like the Canucks were being fairly rated around the league. But it looks like things are reverting back. Thats fine. It's better being an underdog 

As long as the Oilers have the most technically unsound goalie in the league , I think putting them there is bunk. The Stars seem overrated as well. The Preds ? Nah 

Dallas in the top 3 and ghe Canucks outside the top 10 is a joke 

Odds are made so there is even betting across the board, that’s how they make money… if more people bet on one team then they raise the odds to make that team less attractive. Ideally they want as many people betting n Utah as the Oilers.