Canucks outside the top 10 in 2025 odds

Blue

I'm going to just put it out there that most people didn't think the Canucks would make the playoffs last year and look what happened.  People will be surprised again this year because they didn't pay attention last year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Foamys Ghost said:

I'm going to just put it out there that most people didn't think the Canucks would make the playoffs last year and look what happened.  People will be surprised again this year because they didn't pay attention last year.

only thing that is really worrying me is if other team thats to pay more attention to the canucks.. and if they don't figure out their powerplay which have gone on for 3/4 of the season + playoff.. then we might be in trouble.. we were on a pace that would have matched st louis at 94 points after the all star break.. we can blame demko injury but i honestly don't think that was an issue.. we relied on a really high PDO last season.. that'll eventually come down.. the team have the talents but whether it all comes together and the PP fixes itself we'll see.. i mean i wouldn't be surprise if we win the division.. but i wouldn't be surprise either if we struggle and have to fight tooth and nail for a wildcard.

• chaos 1

On 7/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, wai_lai416 said:

i think it's very realistic the canucks are outside of the top 10... we saw in the playoff.. the team without QH on the ice barely have a sniff of offence and stuck playing defensive hockey parking the bus.. let's just assume Hronek is unable to drive his own line and playing with QH.. we moved out zadorov and cole and replaced it with 2 even more defensive defenceman.. where's the offence going to come from when QH is not on the ice. 

And Dallas at #3 makes sense to you ? 

13 hours ago, Blue said:

And Dallas at #3 makes sense to you ? 

Why not? Dallas forward group is deep. They legit have like 7 or 8 forwards that you can legitimately put in a lot of teams top 6.. their defence is also pretty massive avg almost 6’2 and have decent goaltending. Also having a final and 2 conference finals appearance in the last 5 years is better than a lot of teams

• Confused 1

Everyone starts 0-0 and every team will face different adversity.  Canucks brought back most of the team that won the pacific outside of Zadorov.  I like our chances even If it's a bit of a transitional year as we hit our peak when willander and lekkerimaki become regulars.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:44 AM, wai_lai416 said:

Why not? Dallas forward group is deep. They legit have like 7 or 8 forwards that you can legitimately put in a lot of teams top 6.. their defence is also pretty massive avg almost 6’2 and have decent goaltending. Also having a final and 2 conference finals appearance in the last 5 years is better than a lot of teams

Ummm, maybe because even with Tanev, the Canucks came close to beating the Oilers than they did. But here you are saying Dallas should be #3 and Vancouver shouldn't be in the top 10

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Ummm, maybe because even with Tanev, the Canucks came close to beating the Oilers than they did. But here you are saying Dallas should be #3 and Vancouver shouldn't be in the top 10

even with tanev? last i checked tanev got injured and the oilers went on to dominate as soon as he was injured. vancouver have a whole bunch of unknowns once again. literally half the forwards are new and unknown.. 0 guarantees they work or won't work. our defence once again is a question mark. we have 4 defenceman that on most teams would be a bottom pairing defenceman. the canucks definitely got deeper in terms of lineup but their top end didn't get any better.. we didn't lose because our 3rd and 4th liners wasn't producing.. we lost coz our top end guys like EP and Hughes were shutdown.. if we don't figure out our offence and powerplay and continue the way we played post all star break?? we can just as easily be a WC team as we were on a 94 point pace.. i don't think we'll be at a 94 pace nor do i think we'll be at a 109 point pace.. prolly somewhere int he middle around 101-102.. which is right around the 10-11th place mark

On 7/9/2024 at 1:41 PM, Blue said:

For about a week , it seemed like the Canucks were being fairly rated around the league. But it looks like things are reverting back. Thats fine. It's better being an underdog 

As long as the Oilers have the most technically unsound goalie in the league , I think putting them there is bunk. The Stars seem overrated as well. The Preds ? Nah 

Dallas in the top 3 and ghe Canucks outside the top 10 is a joke 

maple leafs one is cute.

I like being underrated. Its a good thing.

This doesn't bother me at all.  There is certainly an argument that plenty went right last year that may not replicate itself.  Aside from the really hot start, the team was pretty middle of the pack.

I don't think we are "not" a playoff team, but I am not planning any Cup parades either.  Teams have to be consistently around the top to get the full respect and belief they can continue that.  We don't have much of a track record lately.

It really all depends (as the roster stands now) if Soucy and Myers can be a legit 2nd pairing shutdown duo, and if one of the career bottom six guys we picked up can actually make really big strides in minutes and production... we are going to repeat as a good team (barring injuries).  If neither of those things happen we will be fighting for a wildcard spot.

• 4 weeks later...