Canucks outside the top 10 in 2025 odds

Blue

7 hours ago, Blue said:

For about a week , it seemed like the Canucks were being fairly rated around the league. But it looks like things are reverting back. Thats fine. It's better being an underdog 

As long as the Oilers have the most technically unsound goalie in the league , I think putting them there is bunk. The Stars seem overrated as well. The Preds ? Nah 

Dallas in the top 3 and ghe Canucks outside the top 10 is a joke 

Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be.

NDNmMjg5NDctZGRhMS00ZmM3LWFkNjQtZWNkZTVjODA2MWE5_tsfshd1442-1982626133.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be.

NDNmMjg5NDctZGRhMS00ZmM3LWFkNjQtZWNkZTVjODA2MWE5_tsfshd1442-1982626133.jpeg

I remember seeing Star Trek III with my Dad. And me exclaiming: "Holy crap, it's Jim from Taxi!"

He did a fantastic job. Even the first Klingon with a "dog".

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Who cares what the bookies say? They've seen Zad and Lindholm leave, they've seen Petey not being on fire, and they need to see DeBrusk live up to the billing... on top of that they saw Hughes and Hronek partially getting shut down during play offs, so its a guess on their behalf...

Lets just believe and hope we can prove the doubters wrong here....

I do know one thing, the bookies rarely lose money...

12 hours ago, Blue said:

For about a week , it seemed like the Canucks were being fairly rated around the league. But it looks like things are reverting back. Thats fine. It's better being an underdog 

As long as the Oilers have the most technically unsound goalie in the league , I think putting them there is bunk. The Stars seem overrated as well. The Preds ? Nah 

Dallas in the top 3 and ghe Canucks outside the top 10 is a joke 

facts, we really didnt get any better with the new guys, we lost some good players and gained a good player, so that top 10 seems right, we needed to add onto what we already had to be better but we didnt...

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Who cares what the bookies say? They've seen Zad and Lindholm leave, they've seen Petey not being on fire, and they need to see DeBrusk live up to the billing... on top of that they saw Hughes and Hronek partially getting shut down during play offs, so its a guess on their behalf...

This is why I'm not upset at the rankings. We lost 2 of our best playoff performers and if Petey repetes himself, then we're going nowhere.

10 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Odds are made so there is even betting across the board, that’s how they make money… if more people bet on one team then they raise the odds to make that team less attractive. Ideally they want as many people betting n Utah as the Oilers.

Really? I don't know gambling odds other than the horse races, but it works the opposite way there. The more people bet on a horse, the more the odds decrease so it pays less. The pool gets larger but it's shared more ways.

4 hours ago, Déjà Vu said:

facts, we really didnt get any better with the new guys, we lost some good players and gained a good player, so that top 10 seems right, we needed to add onto what we already had to be better but we didnt...

We'll add our #1 goaltender...did they factor that in? 

Where we were at almost had us beat the Oilers then....who knows? So with Demko in net and Petey firing on all cylinders they'd be dumb to count us out. But let them. Fools. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Déjà Vu said:

Zads had 6 goals 14 assists for the season.  (5 goals, 9 assists for 14 points in 54 games for Vancouver.) What I see the team gained a far better winger with DeBrusk who plays to Tocc's style, along with the other add ons. We are basically going to see addition by committee. Losing Zads will hurt. But I think Boston might regret both those UFA pickups (It's a risk/reward) over the long haul. What I hope doesn't happen is losing Zads turns into like losing Willie Mitchell.

You want to add a top four d-man? You are going to have to give up a draft pick along with something substantial like Garland. Unless PA finds a team that's overloaded with defensive prospects and gives up on one in a steal of a trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Really? I don't know gambling odds other than the horse races, but it works the opposite way there. The more people bet on a horse, the more the odds decrease so it pays less. The pool gets larger but it's shared more ways.

We'll add our #1 goaltender...did they factor that in? 

Where we were at almost had us beat the Oilers then....who knows? So with Demko in net and Petey firing on all cylinders they'd be dumb to count us out. But let them.

Horses are more fun to bet on. Even when not betting on them. The rush I get from those thundering hooves coming around the last turn still gives me goosebumps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Horses are more fun to bet on. Even when not betting on them. The rush I get from those thundering hooves coming around the last turn still gives me goosebumps.

Me too!

Except....did I ever tell you about the time (before they had the double fencing) when I was a kid and at the track with my Dad. Horses came blasting out of the starting gate and one took a sharp right and lept RIGHT OVER the fence and ran around frantically where everyone was watching! It stuck with me and I was terrified. I don't recall that anyone was hurt as the jockey quickly got control of the horse.

I thought maybe I'd dreamt it but Dad confirmed it recently...really did happen!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Don’t care about gambling.

We had a fairly rough outing in the playoffs with our stars absent or shells of their normal selves and had some big losses to the lineup. So I can understand the books not ranking us high.
‘However, we accomplished more than NJ did the year before and they are getting a lot of love after sucking last year. 
We will see, deeper forward lineup, D is deeper than start of last year but some yellow flags as far as depth and moving the puck, Demko is always a solution and a problem. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too!

Except....did I ever tell you about the time (before they had the double fencing) when I was a kid and at the track with my Dad. Horses came blasting out of the starting gate and one took a sharp right and lept RIGHT OVER the fence and ran around frantically where everyone was watching! It stuck with me and I was terrified. I don't recall that anyone was hurt as the jockey quickly got control of the horse.

I thought maybe I'd dreamt it but Dad confirmed it recently...really did happen!

I'll do you one better. My Uncle who worked at the PNE, had both race horses and retired race horses. One Sunday, my Dad took us to check out the horses. And said to go ride one of the retired horses. So we started trotting the field, it was pretty slow, and being a kid, I gently nudged the horse to go faster. I meant to pick up the pace, not go full out. The horse decided to go full out. I'm hanging on for dear life both thrilled and terrified. Then I saw it there was a bit of a dip in the field. So the horse leaped a little. The horses head went up, my head went down. KLUNK! Fortunately the horse sensed I was pretty much a stunned rider and slowed down to a trot again. My Dad caught up to us and I was half on the saddle at that point and just slid off and my Dad caught me. I wasn't even mad, or upset. I had even more respect for horses then. Wasn't the horses fault it was the rider. I still wouldn't trade that day for anything.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

This is why I'm not upset at the rankings. We lost 2 of our best playoff performers and if Petey repetes himself, then we're going nowhere.

Yep... its also why, until we actually know, if the team works or not with all the new players, we, or the bookies haven't got a clue...

All we and they know are, if the top performers are playing at the same clubs or not.

Could be fun to see, what the bookies predicted last year, and how it ended...

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Dallas lost Tanev and Pavelski and they are #3 

We added one of the best playoff performers on Boston's team in Debrusk

Edited by Blue

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tank said:

still, we are not Cup favorite. missing a piece or 2.

As if any of the teams on the list aren't missing a piece or 2.

The top team has a goaltender that was worse than our 3rd string backup last year. And don't bring up his stats. Hes technically unsound. John Garret went through it on every post game. Hes bad and his stats are a bit of a fluke 

Edited by Blue

3 hours ago, c00kies said:

We were the best team in the league in the first half without those players. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

The top team has a goaltender that was worse than our 3rd string backup last year 

Dallas lost Tanev 

It's odd how Tanev leaving Dallas is a non issue yet Tanev arriving in Toronto is front page news and an answer to all problems. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Weird seeing the doubt towards Dallas. They made the WCF in back to back years. They lost Tanev, but similar to Vancouver, they were doing well even before buying their defenseman in Zadorov. No Pavelski, but they'll have a full year of Stankoven, and Bourque likely earning a spot. They're easily a contender.

Nashville is the one that sticks out to me. Probably just recency bias with adding Stamkos, Marchessault, and Skjei. I still don't think they have a good enough roster to be considered a top 10 team.

Swap out Nashville for us, bump the Rangers up a few spots, and it looks better.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Dallas lost Tanev and Pavelski and they are #3 

We added one of the best playoff performers on Boston's team in Debrusk

You don't have to convince me... But the bookies are better at their job, than we are... this much I do know.