Capfriendly finally shut off yesterday

unfortunately, this was the only hockey stats site that could get past my work firewall aside from Wikipedia 😆

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

unfortunately, this was the only hockey stats site that could get past my work firewall aside from Wikipedia 😆

If you want to be a rebel, use Mullvad VPN to get around the firewall.  You're only risking $5 ... and your job I suppose. 😆

• Haha 1

This really stinks! I do wonder, however, why.?  Insufficient funding? The NHL not wanting it?   Big loss. Been taking advantage of it since I was  a kid.

If there's ever a drive to bring it back, or a facsimile of; I'll throw a few bucks in.

12 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This really stinks! I do wonder, however, why.?  Insufficient funding? The NHL not wanting it?   Big loss. Been taking advantage of it since I was  a kid.

If there's ever a drive to bring it back, or a facsimile of; I'll throw a few bucks in.

Washington bought it and turned it into their own private salary cap department.  It's easier and more cost effective than starting one from scratch.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Washington bought it and turned it into their own private salary cap department.  It's easier and more cost effective than starting one from scratch.

Or they hope that the 31 other teams won't notice how far above the cap they are....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tough as nails IT department!

Reddit's allowed though 😆. It sometimes feels almost random.

• Haha 2

Capfriendly went from 2016 to a few days ago. Its predecessor Capgeek went from 2009 to 2015. These were my go to sites for cap info.

Is there another site that shows actual yearly salary as well as AAV?

26 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Capfriendly went from 2016 to a few days ago. Its predecessor Capgeek went from 2009 to 2015. These were my go to sites for cap info.

Puckpedia does. Team>Player>Current Contract tab (or just scroll down a bit).

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

This site turns into a wealth of information that's to our community.     Dobber, Elite prospects, Hockey Reference,  all good in different ways.   If you have a subscription to THN they've archived a lot of their stuff too.    CapFriendly was a great site.    Not surprised a team bought them, that's the end game for those folks and their hard work, good for them.