[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2023]

Coconuts

47 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Also:

Carolina comes back to beat Seattle in overtime.

Anaheim comes back to beat Boston in overtime.

Not a bad start. Oil & Rags still scoreless. 

Both the Soilers and the Lames are down 2-0. Love seeing these two clubs LOSE! Hate them! Hate is good. But not as good as BOOZE! 🥃

Leafs win again. They’re just too good. Cup favourites again? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, they have Ovechkin on in the last minute of the game with the net empty to get the empty net goal.  I mean, is this what it is going to come down to?  Getting him on the ice for as many cheap goals as possible to break the record?  Is this what we are going to be watching for the next 2-3 years?

If he breaks the record scoring cheap empty net goals and power play goals in the last minute of the game when his team is down 4-0 and nobody is trying, then I think Gretzky shouldn't even bother to show up and congratulate him.  Sorry, but this is a pretty pathetic and sad way to break one of the greatest NHL records ever...

IMG_9815.gif

Edited by 4petesake
  • Haha 4

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Flames down 2-0 after 2.

Oilers down 3-0 after 2. 

Seattle & Boston both already lost in OT. 

Good night of hockey tonight!

In Edmonton for the Tool concert thought I'd check out McDavid live. Obviously didn't work out. Just gotta say, Holy Fuck Edmonton is bad. They have nothing going at all. I can't see them winning a game without McDavid. He's still all they got.

PXL_20231027_010414231.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Flames down 2-0 after 2.

Oilers down 3-0 after 2. 

The Oilers stink so bad! This is too much fun to watch.

please some kind poster provide old drunk Alf a link to the Oilers’ fan site so he can enjoy their suffering. 🥃

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Flames down 2-0 after 2.

Oilers down 3-0 after 2. 

Canucks get the Blues on a back to back, hopefully they can capitalize on the opportunity.

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton is imploding before our very eyes. I thought Draisaitl would take over and lead them. I was wrong. He’s a nobody unless McDavid is there by his side. The other team will just suffocate him defensively. 

Petey > Draisaitl 

No character around them... Going to lean on Kane... Or Able... I mean Nurse?!  NOPE... they're in trouble.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

No character around them... Going to lean on Kane... Or Able... I mean Nurse?!  NOPE... they're in trouble.

8 minutes left. About five to six minutes away from a dirty cheap shot play from an Oiler.

• Vintage 1