[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2023]

Coconuts

This is the difference between wasting all your money on 2 or 3 star players and good defensive coaching. I don't see Calgary able to dig their way out of this rut whereas Edmonton can obviously, but to be honest I don't think they will either. Their team defence is so appalling, now they show their true colours with McDavid out and their goalies are just brutal.

I know it's a long season and Seattle look a bit worse this year too, but the two Alberta teams could easily miss the playoffs. With all the hype around Edmonton, they really are a poorly constructed and poorly coached team with like 3 star players and 2 bad goalies.

I never thought Calgary did enough this offseason to get them back into the playoffs.

Surely right now it's Vegas, the Canucks and Kings.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This is the difference between wasting all your money on 2 or 3 star players and good defensive coaching. I don't see Calgary able to dig their way out of this rut whereas Edmonton can obviously, but to be honest I don't think they will either. Their team defence is so appalling, now they show their true colours with McDavid out and their goalies are just brutal.

I know it's a long season and Seattle look a bit worse this year too, but the two Alberta teams could easily miss the playoffs. With all the hype around Edmonton, they really are a poorly constructed and poorly coached team with like 3 star players and 2 bad goalies.

I never thought Calgary did enough this offseason to get them back into the playoffs.

Surely right now it's Vegas, the Canucks and Kings.

Calgary at least has NHL quality D and goaltending.  Calling the trash Edmonton calls a blueline AHL quality is generous.  Bouchard would  be riding the pine on a decent beer league team.  Happy to see both of these franchised being exposed as the jokes that they are.

• Cheers 1