[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2023]

Coconuts

Man the Pacific Division is so bad. It has 3 teams above .500 compare to other divisions that have at least 6 teams above .500. This is great for us though. We gotta keep getting points to build some buffer as i don't think Oils will continue to suck this bad when McDavid returns.

18 minutes ago, Wing said:

We gotta keep getting points to build some buffer as i don't think Oils will continue to suck this bad when McDavid return

I agree, keep the pedal down Canucks. Although the Oilers were bad even with McD in the lineup. He plays a one dimensional game and isn't a good leader. Ya, he's fast and generational, hilite reels, all that. But a winner and leader? Meh. Draisatel is another chump. He looks good on the PP with McD, meh after that, especially without McD. Will be interesting to see how this pans out next few years as their contracts time out.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

This NJ-Buffalo game is solid. Both exciting up and coming teams. 

Yup. Two teams that have top players always cheating to the offensive side of the puck. Makes for fun hockey to watch for sure. But it’s not winning (playoff) hockey. 
And holy smokes the Sabres look terrible. They should tear it down and rebuild again. Keep Power, clearly their best player, and dumperoo the rest. 

8 hours ago, Rekker said:

My money is on Calgary. Oilers just look so defeated   

I agree. I think they’re sick of that dork they have behind the bench.

I mean, he may if fact be a good coach, strategy-wise. But he’s just such a dork! I mean, if Tocchet calls you out, you listen, because he was a warrior on the ice, and is stone-cold awesome. But Woodcroft? Can barely listen to that dork for a 3-minute interview.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, VanCanFan said:

This Ducks/Flyers game is entertaining, pretty rough game, gotta be a fight or two coming up in the 2nd and 3rd.

Getting spanked by the Ducks at home... that rage room is gonna be busy today!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like McBaby is going to play tomorrow…

I hope McD plays, I don't want any excuses for when the Flames win. Dislike them both, but the Oilers fans are more fun to have meltdown. 

• ThereItIs 1