[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Didn't Burkie predict that way back?

I think Burkie saw Bure and before him Orr lose their knees early. It’s just what happens, sadly, to some of the great who are so exciting because they carry the puck at high speed through traffic. It’s not a matter of if, but when the terrible happens. 

2 minutes ago, brilac said:

YES YES YES!! 

Habs are looking pretty good so far. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alflives said:

I think Burkie saw Bure and before him Orr lose their knees early. It’s just what happens, sadly, to some of the great who are so exciting because they carry the puck at high speed through traffic. It’s not a matter of if, but when the terrible happens. 

Pretty much. I don't wish it on him but seems inevitable. Unless he goes more perimeter.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Pretty much. I don't wish it on him but seems inevitable. Unless he goes more perimeter.

Sadly McDavid, like Bure and Orr, isn’t wired to play on the perimeter. I got to see both Orr and Bure play up close. Incredible really. I’m sure those who have seen McDavid play up close feel the same. But what makes those three so special (carrying the puck at incredible speeds through high traffic areas) leads to knee injuries. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sadly McDavid, like Bure and Orr, isn’t wired to play on the perimeter. I got to see both Orr and Bure play up close. Incredible really. I’m sure those who have seen McDavid play up close feel the same. But what makes those three so special (carrying the puck at incredible speeds through high traffic areas) leads to knee injuries. 

And when it finally happens the world will think he's just faking it thanks to his constant flopping.  There's also a decent chance and enforcer gives him what he has coming due to his outright refusal to stop disgracing the sport with his gutless play.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And when it finally happens the world will think he's just faking it thanks to his constant flopping.  There's also a decent chance and enforcer gives him what he has coming due to his outright refusal to stop disgracing the sport with his gutless play.

Actually, I feel sorry for the guy.

Imagine having all this talent and playing for a team that has no chance in hell to win?

Besides, living in Edmonton? With all the many he has? Brutal.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As bad as it looked (caused by a dirty cheap shot) Makar is back. 

Avs lose.

Nux only one pt behind Avs for #2 in the western conference.   

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 2