[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2023]

Coconuts

2 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Mission Accomplished “toKnight” for me! I’m at the Knights vs Montréal game.
I got to finally meet one of my favourite former Canucks! Alexandre Burrows! And signed my player-issued jersey! 🥰🤩

IMG_4221.thumb.jpeg.e6bf0df215c45382e6daf50ce25ca74a.jpegIMG_4222.thumb.jpeg.0ee85de51b5be143a21cf16cbb38c6be.jpeg

During pre-game warmups, for some reason Burrows came out early to watch bit of the warmup (normally coaches don’t usually show up at warmups). I was standing about 12 feets away from him. I couldn’t get close to the opponent bench for safety reasons. When I saw him, I immediately pulled out the jersey and waving it at him trying to get his attention, some of the Habs fans behind me were flagging him for me too! Burrows saw me and the jersey, since it stick out like a sore thumb and came right over with a biggest grin ever on his face! 

We chatted for a bit and he was saying the Canucks are doing really well this year! I told him I missed seeing him on the ice with the Canucks and hope one day he will coach for the organisation someday. He says one day, hopefully… 🙃

After that moment, I was so over the moon and noticed the Habs fans were cheering on me after my interaction with Burrows. We all “high fives” and congratulating me both in English and French. 🇫🇷 

@-dlc- thought you would love to see this… 

OMG, that is so awesome!!! I love it and that you got that opportunity. What a great picture of you two! Fantastic. 

He'll always be "ours" at heart.

• Like 2

Should be a minimum of 5 games for McAvoy, the puck was gone, blindside & to the head.

Was not a hockey play, had nothing to do with hockey, just a dangerous predatory cheap shot. Complete garbage.

I think u could make the case this is worse than Andersson given blindside, but given its the NHL I imagine he'll get 2 games & a slap on the wrist.

McAvoy is one of the best defencemen in the NHL, period.  He was on fire all game long.  Probably his best game so far this season.  And now this.

What an absolute idiot.  Nearly killed all the momentum Boston had.  A couple Bruins fans I know were pretty pissed with McAvoy and they all know he deserves a chunky suspension.

The edge seems to elevate his game but boy does he make some really stupid decisions when it counts.  He is taking after Brad Marchand in his playstyle, and I'm not sure I like that.  I don't even know if Bruins fans like that.

Edited by Miss Korea

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The full clip might be even worse.

If he had atleast taken the body & blown him up it still would've been late & a cheap hit, but instead he targets the head.

Need to throw the book at him, it's not 2009 anymore I thought we went through this...

The worst part is that McAvoy made an almost identical hit on Verhaeghe earlier in the game in front of the B's net. I would assume the league needs to treat them separately for discipline, which means he will get away with the Verhaeghe one, but the OEL hit needs to be a suspension. 

15 minutes ago, Highstickin said:

The worst part is that McAvoy made an almost identical hit on Verhaeghe earlier in the game in front of the B's net. I would assume the league needs to treat them separately for discipline, which means he will get away with the Verhaeghe one, but the OEL hit needs to be a suspension. 

I have not seen the OEL hit. But this Mcavoy one is extremely predatory. He should get at minimum Five games. But there is the owner of Boston and his close relationship with the officials to consider. So it will be a 2 game suspension. 

12 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Mission Accomplished “toKnight” for me! I’m at the Knights vs Montréal game.
I got to finally meet one of my favourite former Canucks! Alexandre Burrows! And signed my player-issued jersey! 🥰🤩

IMG_4221.thumb.jpeg.e6bf0df215c45382e6daf50ce25ca74a.jpegIMG_4222.thumb.jpeg.0ee85de51b5be143a21cf16cbb38c6be.jpeg

During pre-game warmups, for some reason Burrows came out early to watch bit of the warmup (normally coaches don’t usually show up at warmups). I was standing about 12 feets away from him. I couldn’t get close to the opponent bench for safety reasons. When I saw him, I immediately pulled out the jersey and waving it at him trying to get his attention, some of the Habs fans behind me were flagging him for me too! Burrows saw me and the jersey, since it stick out like a sore thumb and came right over with a biggest grin ever on his face! 

We chatted for a bit and he was saying the Canucks are doing really well this year! I told him I missed seeing him on the ice with the Canucks and hope one day he will coach for the organisation someday. He says one day, hopefully… 🙃

After that moment, I was so over the moon and noticed the Habs fans were cheering on me after my interaction with Burrows. We all “high fives” and congratulating me both in English and French. 🇫🇷 

@-dlc- thought you would love to see this… 

Wow, Burr is a textbook example of hard work and dedication.

Thank you for sharing 

GCG

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think I’m missing something here. Was it OEL that got hit by a cheap shot? Was there a series of events that led up to this? 

OEL was hit by McAvoy with a cheap shot. Earlier in the game McAvoy also got Verhague with a similar type of hit (elevating shoulder to the head with the head really being the only point of contact) but the impact was not as severe as on OEL.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

So nice to see our boys make it through the month with more wins and more points than Calgary and Edmonton combined.

Time to raise the bar for November :towel:

Let's hope they're not like me on date night and have peaked to early...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/bruins-mcavoy-receives-match-penalty-for-hit-on-panthers-ekman-larsson/

Above is the link the Boston reaction.  It's disgusting..."Apparent Ekman-Larsson injury"  "oh, woe is me, now the Bruins are down 2 defensemen"  Also, after a clear look at the replay, "Looks like it is up high".

Stay classy Boston.

I love the Bruins but Jack Edwards is a clown, that was a dumb hit by McAvoy too.