EVGENY KUZNETSOV, is finished in the NHL

I have always dislike this guy with his stupid antics. I hate the flapping the wing celebration, and he dives EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. anyone goes near him, I am glad he is out of the NHL and hopefully he never returns.

• Sad 1
  • Wiener 1

24 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I know we make fun of the coke stuff but people would be delusional to think that a lot more players don't do it in the off-season..They are just more discrete.

Oh Absolutely Nose Candy is prevelant in all sport 

• Like 1

I think Kuznetsov is making a smart decision here for himself. The cat's out of the bag regarding his substance abuse. No one's likely going to sign him a long-term deal anymore. Instead, Russia is throwing money and term for him.

You know what though? It's possible that the video of him involved in the party may have been leaked by Russian agents. This was meant to demonstrate that they could ruin his life if they wanted to, so they leaked something that was ambiguous as a taster. Kuznetsov probably has some skeletons in his closet, so when he signs into the KHL, they may have achieved their objectives. The above is totally my speculation.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I’m sure Carolina paid Kuznetsov a nice sum behind the scenes to walk away. 

Doubt it. He can't be bought out because the buyout window has passed, but if Necas is awarded something in arbitration, then Carolina COULD buy him out, but the resulting amount still counts against the cap. Kuznetsov has one year left, so a 2/3 buyout would be spread over two years. Carolina would be on the hook for $2.6M against the cap in 23/25 and 25/26. But they just can't pay him to go away. If Kuznetsov has simply left, then he's defaulting on his contract and the club can terminate the contract at no additional cap charge.

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I know we make fun of the coke stuff but people would be delusional to think that a lot more players don't do it in the off-season..They are just more discrete.

I don’t think most of them wait for the off-season. 
If you listen to professional athletes from other sports talk about NHL players, the reputation is they will do anything.  When NFL and NBA guys look at you askance you know it is fairly prominent. 
The championship Kings were famous for the amount of drugs that went through that locker-room. 
Sundin was well known for all the dope he smoked (yeah it’s legal now). 
That doesn’t even scratch the PEDs though really it is football that it is endemic in and quietly tolerated. 
Pro’s don’t really drug test in any serious way in the big NA sports other than MMA and they have taken a step back. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I don’t think most of them wait for the off-season. 
If you listen to professional athletes from other sports talk about NHL players, the reputation is they will do anything.  When NFL and NBA guys look at you askance you know it is fairly prominent. 
The championship Kings were famous for the amount of drugs that went through that locker-room. 
Sundin was well known for all the dope he smoked (yeah it’s legal now). 
That doesn’t even scratch the PEDs though really it is football that it is endemic in and quietly tolerated. 
Pro’s don’t really drug test in any serious way in the big NA sports other than MMA and they have taken a step back. 

Yeah that's the reason I assumed that they didn't do it during the season because of the testing...Didn't know much about the protocol..The whole Oilers team does it for sure then, I mean what else is there to do there?

Also had to look up askance, Learn something new everyday...Hope I don't sound dumb.

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What you're describing is simply not realistic at all 

Not everyone is on the up and up. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone gave him some money to just go away. That’s a lot to give up like that

4 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Not everyone is on the up and up. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone gave him some money to just go away. That’s a lot to give up like that

The Kings couldn’t even rid themselves of Mike Richards cleanly with his issues