Skip Bayless Is Out At FS1

Sabrefan1

Please tell me that you all know who Skip Bayless is.  I just realized that Canada may not get FS1.  🤦‍♂️

You guys have your own version of ESPN (TSN) which I watch online on occasion, but I dunno if you get FS1.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Please tell me that you all know who Skip Bayless is.  I just realized that Canada may not get FS1.  🤦‍♂️

You guys have your own version of ESPN (TSN) which I watch online on occasion, but I dunno if you get FS1.

Skip reminds me of Torts in the way that he wears out his welcome over time. 

Super controversial and I was never a fan of his. Can't really take him serious when you know his schtick is to disagree just for the sake of controversy. 

Horrible takes, controversial persona, easy to dislike.. yea surprised it lasted as long as it did. Clueless

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Well Skip Bayless' ego ended up costing him and FS1 is no longer willing to foot the bill for his now failing show.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/sports/skip-bayless-leaving-undisputed-in-fs1-bombshell/

I guess he needed Shannon Sharpe more than he realized LOL. Skip's career has been flailing, Undisputed rakes in 50k viewers daily which is quite pathetic considering its supposed to be FS1 flagships show. Undispute is 4th in ratings even against First things first which is a mid show at best ( I can't stand Nick Wright). Thats what happens when your ego gets checked. Skip's podcast is just as bad too, don't waste your time even bothering to listening to 1 minute of it. I think i speak for a lot of people that watched undisputed that we tune in to watch Shannon, especially on Mondays or Tuesdays where he absolutely evicerates Skip.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Super controversial and I was never a fan of his. Can't really take him serious when you know his schtick is to disagree just for the sake of controversy. 

Horrible takes, controversial persona, easy to dislike.. yea surprised it lasted as long as it did. Clueless

He was once talented, but his attitude and ego was making his show tougher over time to watch.  If he was losing an argument with Shannon Sharpe he immediately took cheap shots and denigrated him.  I used to regularly watch clips Undisputed on YouTube, but after the whole debacle with Shannon, I just lost my interest in that show.  Even his Dallas Cowboys schtick was getting old and repetitive.

FS1 chose very poorly when they backed the loudmouth over the popular hall of famer.

Edited by Sabrefan1
big grammar edit

1 minute ago, filthy animal said:

I guess he needed Shannon Sharpe more than he realized LOL. Skip's career has been flailing, Undisputed rakes in 50k viewers daily which is quite pathetic considering its supposed to be FS1 flagships show. Undispute is 4th in ratings even against First things first which is a mid show at best ( I can't stand Nick Wright). Thats what happens when your ego gets checked. Skip's podcast is just as bad too, don't waste your time even bothering to listening to 1 minute of it. I think i speak for a lot of people that watched undisputed that we tune in to watch Shannon, especially on Mondays or Tuesdays where he absolutely evicerates Skip.

I had no idea Skip even had a podcast.  Yep.  No interest in it.  He should settle down and retire and spend some time driving his wife crazy.

35 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I can't stand the guy, he's hated by quite a bit of his contemporaries and made enemies all around. I'll always wonder why he's given so much credibility. "Ive covered the Dallas Cowboys for 80 years" blah blah, he acts like covering a game supercedes his knowledge of the game above everybody else. Wooptie doo, Skip basically watched the game like everyone of us, only diff is he had a pen and paper. Wow, so talented. The way he insulted Shannon and Damar Hamlin is inexcusable

So happy that guy is out of the industry, hopefully for good. I hate Trump, but if that stray bullet hit Skip Bayless or Jason Whitlock, that would be a very nice consolation

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I had no idea Skip even had a podcast.  Yep.  No interest in it.  He should settle down and retire and spend some time driving his wife crazy.

Last I checked he was barely in the 100k while Shannon is in the multi millions and Stephen A who JUST started this past year has blew by Skip as well. Skips podcasts are downright boring, basically him reading of a piece of paper. Theres no way in hell he's getting even practice squad level CFLers in his show, its quite bad

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nope. I'm assuming it's fox sports 1?

We also have Sportsnet, the station that won the NHL contract, which is ending a couple of years.

I've also stopped watching NFL for a few years now, and I honestly don't miss it. I watch Rugby when I can.

I didn't even watch the Euro.

• Cheers 1