[SIGNING] Arturs Silovs 2yrs in Vancouver

• LB28 changed the title to [SIGNING] Canucks Re-sign Arturs Silovs

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the club has agreed to terms with goaltender Artūrs Šilovs on a 2-year contract.

“Artūrs helped us out a lot when called upon last year as he continues to grow and develop as a goalie,” said Allvin. “We expect him to come into training camp and battle for a full-time position with the big club. Our group will continue to work with him to help sharpen his skills and provide him with all the tools necessary to take another step forward in his young career.”

Šilovs, 23, appeared in 34 regular season games with the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL) in 2023.24, holding a record of 16-11-6 with a 2.74 goals against average and a .907 save percentage, as well as four regular season games with Vancouver, sporting a 3-0-1 record with a 2.47 goals against average and an .881 save percentage. He also appeared in his first 10 playoff games of his NHL career with Vancouver, going 5-5 with a 2.91 goals against average and an .898 save percentage.

The 6’4”, 203lbs goaltender has appeared in 89 regular season AHL games across four seasons, with a record of 45-30-11, a goals against average of 2.62, and a .906 save percentage, along with nine regular season NHL games, holding a record of 6-2-1 with a 2.62 goals against average and an .898 save percentage, and two AHL playoff games, with a 1-1 record, and 2.85 goals against average and a .914 save percentage.

The Riga, LVA native has represented his native Latvia on numerous occasions, including the 2019 U18 World Championships, the 2022 and 2023 World Championships, and was named the Best Goaltender and Most Valuable Player at the 2023 tournament, helping Latvia win their first-ever medal at the event. 

Šilovs was originally selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the sixth round, 156th overall, in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-agree-to-terms-with-goaltender-arturs-silovs-on-a-2-year-contract

Edited by AlexanderM

• LB28 changed the title to [SIGNING] Canucks Re-Sign Arturs Silovs

2 x 850 k per Seravelli.

People were saying they were going to grind him on this contract - and they did. Should be fabulous value as the Demko-Silovs 1-2 punch takes over the league.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Overall, I am glad they got this done before the start of camp. All the leverage was on Vancouver's side and he has a great opportunity to be the #1a/#2 next season depending on how Tocchet and his staff wish to split the games. In an ideal situation for me,  Demko would be managed to approximately 50 regular season games so that he can be healthy for us in the playoffs. But we will see what happens. 

#Go Canucks Go!

12 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

Hope for 1.2 per

Too much. Edit, see he's right where Analytics had him at.    Nice job Canuck's and hard work for Silovs (and some injury luck!) paid off.   Nice signing.    Silov's it's up to you now to earn the number two spot and push/support Demko.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

Just now, The Duke said:

I’m old enough to remember when we were a goalie graveyard. 

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller, Markstrom, Demko and now Silovs. Obviously not all at that A+ level, but overall? Very good.

Me too. Just think what Clarke could have done with Martin Brochu.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I’m old enough to remember when we were a goalie graveyard. 

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller, Markstrom, Demko and now Silovs. Obviously not all at that A+ level, but overall? Very good.

I'm old about to remember that Richard Broduer was considered King Richard for a reason.   And young enough at the time to think that was pretty cool.    Because, well Robin hood and stuff.     It wasn't all bad, Skudra and Essensaa had their moments.    That said a long gap between McLean and Luongo.   Since then we've been blessed really.   As for Lack  not sure why he'd be given a lot of air time, team was still pretty good infront of him at the time.   Why Luongo was snubbed is still Lacks legacy IMO.    

Bad teams and guys like Snow, Burke, Potvin, Skudra .. wish we gave Beezer an actual shot.   Irbe.   Had some moments too,  Silovs for me has a lot to prove, because i've seen a lot of former number ones and guys who weren't number ones jammed into that role with mediocre results.     So have you.   Teams took a modest risk (by not signing a De-Smith).   Hope Silovs will make the most of it. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

That’s a bargain! Wow! Great job PA!

Canucks players willing to take friendly deals emphasize the belief that Vancouver is a good place to play

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Too much. Edit, see he's right where Analytics had him at.    Nice job Canuck's and hard work for Silovs (and some injury luck!) paid off.   Nice signing.    Silov's it's up to you now to earn the number two spot and push/support Demko.  

It was my max limit. 850k for 2 years, how wonderful is that