[SIGNING] Arturs Silovs 2yrs in Vancouver

On 7/19/2024 at 9:15 PM, Curmudgeon said:

Lindholm did not want to be third line centre behind Miller and Petey. He's going to have a shot at being Boston's number one centre. He was never going to sign here, regardless of how much money they dangled in front of him.

Yeah, that's too bad. But it's spilled milk at this point isn't it? He's signed in Boston now, and he'll get to centre their top line. He's the enemy now, along with Zadorov. I can't believe they went there out of all places. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, that's too bad. But it's spilled milk at this point isn't it? He's signed in Boston now, and he'll get to centre their top line. He's the enemy now, along with Zadorov. I can't believe they went there out of all places. 

The first verse is particularly appropriate with respect to Lindholm and Zadorov......

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

The first verse is particularly appropriate with respect to Lindholm and Zadorov......

Yep. Money does indeed change everything. I mean, Zadorov obviously went for the money - the reported offer from the Canucks wasn't that big of a difference with the one that Boston offered Nikita, but he chose them instead. The frick? 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yep. Money does indeed change everything. I mean, Zadorov obviously went for the money - the reported offer from the Canucks wasn't that big of a difference with the one that Boston offered Nikita, but he chose them instead. The frick? 

Well I think the Canucks offered that contract before free agency but his agent turned it down thinking they could get 6x6. The Canucks pivoted to other options and that 6x6 deal never materialized for Zads. We then already spent our cap and left Zadarov taking a similar deal to the one we offered.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well I think the Canucks offered that contract before free agency but his agent turned it down thinking they could get 6x6. The Canucks pivoted to other options and that 6x6 deal never materialized for Zads. We then already spent our cap and left Zadarov taking a similar deal to the one we offered.

So he was greedy. Thinking he could get more than 6x6. I mean, in some ways, we dodged a bullet. I'm not sure if that contract that Boston signed him to is going to age well. 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

So he was greedy. Thinking he could get more than 6x6. I mean, in some ways, we dodged a bullet. I'm not sure if that contract that Boston signed him to is going to age well. 

Call it greed or call it basically every professional athlete trying to maximize their earnings.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Players owe it to themselves and their peers to ensure all boats rise for sure 

Couldn’t agree more I wasn’t blaming the player for chasing their bag! Poster above called it Zadarov being greedy chasing that rumoured 6x6 deal. I was merely saying this is sports now and everybody is trying to get their max.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Couldn’t agree more I wasn’t blaming the player for chasing their bag! Poster above called it Zadarov being greedy chasing that rumoured 6x6 deal. I was merely saying this is sports now and everybody is trying to get their max.

How any player decides to maximize his talent to benefit his talent is absolutely his right and responsibility. His body and future. Very few will remember who you are/were once you leave the game. 

23 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Call it greed or call it basically every professional athlete trying to maximize their earnings.

Agreed only Hockey fans seem to think that if you work for UPS you better not ever take a better salary from Fed Ex. Just to put it in perspective. 

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Agreed only Hockey fans seem to think that if you work for UPS you better not ever take a better salary from Fed Ex. Just to put it in perspective. 

Ha! In my line of work, when they offer more money I immediately wonder how shitty the job is going to be!

• Haha 1