B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I've mentioned before that I've never voted NDP in a provincial election.....I've also mentioned that I believe Climate Change is the most important issue facing all of us, so this sort of thing definitely makes me reconsider voting NDP:

https://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/insurance/bc-government-budget-disaster-mitigation-funding-1004243115/

A breakdown of how much money is being allocated to which programs can be found by clicking the link

Wanna know something very sad?

That $400 million....could potentially be eaten up via cost overruns and rebuilding after the summer fires this year due to the province wide critical lack of any appreciable snow pack

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wanna know something very sad?

That $400 million....could potentially be eaten up via cost overruns and rebuilding after the summer fires this year due to the province wide critical lack of any appreciable snow pack

Yeah, we were talking about that very thing yesterday in our regular Thursday afternoon, "solve the world's problems" get together at a local watering hole.

Bottom line for me is that it shows the government is taking it seriously. Baby steps....

14 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, we were talking about that very thing yesterday in our regular Thursday afternoon, "solve the world's problems" get together at a local watering hole.

Bottom line for me is that it shows the government is taking it seriously. Baby steps....

its a bit ironic whats going to fund it tho, NDP-supported oil and gas projects. 

On 3/19/2024 at 1:14 PM, Breadnbutta said:

Pierre Poillievre is by far the best option we have to lead this country.

How can anyone be happy with the bc ndp?

On 3/19/2024 at 4:22 PM, Breadnbutta said:

Conservatives currently have ~40% of voter popularity. Almost two times more than the libs.

You are aware there's a difference between federal and provincial levels of government, right?

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You are aware there's a difference between federal and provincial levels of government, right?

If you read My entire post and previous posts in the conversation.. you can see that I'm talking about provincial and federal. 

You literally just separated two unrelated sentences out of a larger multi paragraph post..... and took them out of context

Edited by Breadnbutta

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

If you read My entire post and previous posts in the conversation.. you can see that I'm talking about provincial and federal. 

You literally just separated two unrelated sentences out of a larger multi paragraph post..... and took them out of context

If you think PP is good for the country then I sure am glad I am not the bread you are buttering. 

Still avoiding responses, I see.  You got completely called out by multiple people for spreading lies about the carbon tax, and when we showed you facts and data to back it up... no response.

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Still avoiding responses, I see.  You got completely called out by multiple people for spreading lies about the carbon tax, and when we showed you facts and data to back it up... no response.

I'm not gonna give brainwashed people my time 

We pay too much tax, plain and simple. The rebates don't equate to shit.

We.

Are.

Being.

Robbed.

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

We.

Are.

Being.

Robbed.

There is no plain and simple.  You're just wrong.  Numbers from Statistics Canada say you're wrong.  Numbers from the fucking Bank of Canada say you're wrong.  Numbers from literally every economist say you're wrong.  The only one who says you're right is Pierre Poilievre.

You're just a liar at this point.  And you have literally ZERO evidence.  Just.  Empty.  Words.  No.  Proof.

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

There is no plain and simple.  You're just wrong.  Numbers from Statistics Canada say you're wrong.  Numbers from the fucking Bank of Canada say you're wrong.  Numbers from literally every economist say you're wrong.  The only one who says you're right is Pierre Poilievre.

You're just a liar at this point.  And you have literally ZERO evidence.  Just.  Empty.  Words.  No.  Proof.

I'm a liar by saying we are over taxed??? You must be rich lol

3 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

You're the one posting about Federal Cons having 40% polling  in BC politics thread and then telling people we shouldn't be happy about the BC NDP, who are routinely noted as one of the current best run provincial governments in Canada. Pick a lane.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

I'm a liar by saying we are over taxed??? You must be rich lol

You're a liar because you literally have zero fucking proof to your claims.  Every single thing you've said here in this thread is just your poor little feelings and zero facts.  Lies lies lies.  Show me one fucking study or statistic that can back your claim up.  Just one dude.  If you think you're that smart it should be fucking easy to find something.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You're the one posting about Federal Cons having 40% polling  in BC politics thread and then telling people we shouldn't be happy about the BC NDP, who are routinely noted as one of the current best run provincial governments in Canada. Pick a lane.

I'm unhappy with both...

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

You're a liar because you literally have zero fucking proof to your claims.  Every single thing you've said here in this thread is just your poor little feelings and zero facts.  Lies lies lies.  Show me one fucking study or statistic that can back your claim up.  Just one dude.  If you think you're that smart it should be fucking easy to find something.

Here's the thing about politics.

You're votes are based on opinion.

I don't care what Stats you show me. I don't believe most of them.

I go by the eye test and i haven't been happy with how this country is ran for a long time ... same with the province. And I like what I see and hear from the conservative party.

And that's all that matters. Not sure what you get so worked up over.

I get worked up over being robbed by this government at the grocery store, the pump and the bank 

11 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Here's the thing about politics.

You're votes are based on opinion.

I don't care what Stats you show me. I don't believe most of them.

I go by the eye test and i haven't been happy with how this country is ran for a long time ... same with the province. And I like what I see and hear from the conservative party.

And that's all that matters. Not sure what you get so worked up over.

I get worked up over being robbed by this government at the grocery store, the pump and the bank 

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Your opinions are nothing more than flat lies.  That's all there is to it.  You can try to spread your lies here as much as you want but people here aren't even gonna bother disagreeing with you.  They're just gonna call you a liar.  You literally have no proof.

It's like trying to tell idiots that the sky is purple and expecting them to believe you no matter what.  Or maybe it's you who's believes the sky is purple, since the only person in life you believe is Pierre Poilievre.

17 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Your opinions are nothing more than flat lies.  That's all there is to it.  You can try to spread your lies here as much as you want but people here aren't even gonna bother disagreeing with you.  They're just gonna call you a liar.  You literally have no proof.

It's like trying to tell idiots that the sky is purple and expecting them to believe you no matter what.  Or maybe it's you who's believes the sky is purple, since the only person in life you believe is Pierre Poilievre.

Lol triggered much? News flash. People are allowed to have differing opinions without being labeled liars.

You sound entitled. Typical liberal

19 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Lol triggered much? News flash. People are allowed to have differing opinions without being labeled liars.

You sound entitled. Typical liberal

But you can't back it up which means you're full of it.  You literally can't back it up even if you tried.  Makes you a liar, plain and simple.

We.

Are.

Being.

Robbed.

Canada has a lot of tax for sure. What are the rebates?

We already get gouged.  Now its going up 12%.

Most of us probably make too much money to qualify. But these days 80 grand a year is near the poverty line. Hard to make a living on that or less. The rebates won't mean shit for the hard working man who still doesn't make enough but makes too much.

Keep making life more and more expensive 

Show me some math where the rebates are worth it lol.

We pay too much tax, plain and simple. Stop over complicating it 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Most of us probably make too much money to qualify. But these days 80 grand a year is near the poverty line. Hard to make a living on that or less. The rebates won't mean shit for the hard working man who still doesn't make enough but makes too much.

I thought it was 23% no?

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

We've already shown it.  Your opinion is completely worthless.  No facts, no sources, no nothing.  Just garbage opinions. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure the BC NDP would wipe the floor AGAIN if they had an election today.

Edited by Miss Korea

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We've already shown it.  Your opinion is completely worthless.  No facts, no sources, no nothing.  Just garbage opinions. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure the BC NDP would wipe the floor AGAIN if they had an election today.

Where's the math?

I'm interested not challenging for what it's worth. I'd like to see it.