B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Minor quibble- Doerkson is likely not crossing the floor, but moving to a different seat on the same side of the floor.

Usual seating arrangement being government on one side  oppositions on the other.- though that can change based on set distribution.

---------------------

Will add- I don't like seeing parties destroy themselves this close to an election.

reduced options are not truly good for democracy.

Like watching the federal Green party destroy themselves under Ms Paul.

• Cheers 1

Looks like Willy fought a broom handle but the broom handle won.

Shame on B.C authorities for dragging their feet in this case.

The fact that these women were in sex trade and many were FN, definitely didn’t help the case.

At least taxpayers don’t have to support him in prison anymore.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/serial-killer-robert-pickton-dead

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

B.C. United MLA Elenore Sturko defects to Conservatives

Sturko says Conservatives' 'grassroots movement' can defeat NDP as she becomes party's 4th MLA

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sturko-bc-conservatives-1.7222911

Not surprising 

The right wing voice in that area is far right ... Especially around sogi. This politician wants to align with the party whom the right wing voters will vote for so this shouldn't shock anyone 

After all it's about what gets them elected vs actual principles 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

B.C. gets D+ grade on poverty efforts: Food Banks Canada

Food Banks Canada's CEO said the organization is seeing a record number of people rely on food banks

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/british-columbia-poverty-reduction-1.7215526

This is a bit of older news. Gave theBC government a B+ for response.

So better than the rest of the most of Canada?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

So better than the rest of the most of Canada?

We are 3rd best with a D+ With PEI and Quebec ahead of us. Nobody got more than a C grade I think. 

Canada sucked as a whole. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are 3rd best with a D+ With PEI and Quebec ahead of us. Nobody got more than a C grade I think. 

Canada sucked as a whole. 

Keep throwing in people into the Country that have no ‘means’. 

Canada doesn’t ‘suck’. 

Canada simply isn't prepared. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Keep throwing in people into the Country that have no ‘means’. 

Canada doesn’t ‘suck’. 

Canada simply isn't prepared. 

I meant in regard to the Food Bank grade. We didn't have good grades. Barely passing. 

We should probably tie the number of people we bring with the number of housing we build in some sort of fashion and on wages. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I meant in regard to the Food Bank grade. We didn't have good grades. Barely passing. 

We should probably tie the number of people we bring with the number of housing we build in some sort of fashion and on wages. 

Totally understand you brother. 

The question is, how do ‘we’ continue to keep putting people into ‘us’ without housing/jobs/food? 

Something is out of sorts no? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Totally understand you brother. 

The question is, how do ‘we’ continue to keep putting people into ‘us’ without housing/jobs/food? 

Something is out of sorts no? 

Makes no sense to me. I don't see the benefit of an overdrive of immigration to your Canadian citizen or said persons immigrating. We're both worse off. 

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Makes no sense to me. I don't see the benefit of an overdrive of immigration to your Canadian citizen or said persons immigrating. We're both worse off. 

I’m not advocating for an overdrive of Immigration at this point. 

Housing, schools, and public ‘systems’ aren’t on pace. 

23 hours ago, Sapper said:

Not surprising 

The right wing voice in that area is far right ... Especially around sogi. This politician wants to align with the party whom the right wing voters will vote for so this shouldn't shock anyone 

After all it's about what gets them elected vs actual principles 

Didn't take her long at all .... CBC had a radio clip with her about changes to sogi

The freedom convey group is well in charge of the BC conservatives that's for sure 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

If you own a home here you;re about to become an overnight millionaire.

Just saying.  Look at property in Spain, Greece Italy Portugal and Belize or Nicaragua.  It's VERY inexpensive and everyone works remotely.

Just saying

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Just saying.  Look at property in Spain, Greece Italy Portugal and Belize or Nicaragua.  It's VERY inexpensive and everyone works remotely.

Just saying

Just my dad, and aunt left in B.C., once they've passed on I'm open to moving elsewhere and living off the difference in property value.

a friend of mine was looking into going back east, towards the Walton Nova Scotia area-apparently there is a 20-25 mile 'micro climate' with not much snow at all, and nice views of the Bay Of Fundy.

Or out of the country altogether, but it can't be to an area that is much warmer than B.C.- as heat is my personal kryptonite.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Just saying

I wish my house would go up that much.  Not a chance.

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Just my dad, and aunt left in B.C., once they've passed on I'm open to moving elsewhere and living off the difference in property value.

a friend of mine was looking into going back east, towards the Walton Nova Scotia area-apparently there is a 20-25 mile 'micro climate' with not much snow at all, and nice views of the Bay Of Fundy.

Or out of the country altogether, but it can't be to an area that is much warmer than B.C.- as heat is my personal kryptonite.

Isn’t that the essence of being a Canadian. What’s in it for me?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

My friend's son bought 15 acres of waterfront property in Nova Scotia and wail be moving there with his girlfriend.  The weather is defiantly unpredictable.

I have another friend who lives in New Brunswick and said we should retire there.  He has property there that is along the border. 

My problem is I have a great Doctor that I do not want to lose.  When I have a blood test he will call me about the results out of the blue.

• Upvote 1