B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

That is part of an ongoing campaign for sure. 

It burns my cookies. Pandering to a few people that are not effected by end of life care just makes me want to vomit. 

Federal government announces $19M for Science World upgrades in B.C.

VANCOUVER — Infrastructure Canada says $19 million in upgrades to Vancouver's Science World will increase the facility's lifespan and reduce its energy consumption by more than 40 per cent.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

B.C. expands heat-pump rebates to encourage more people to switch

A family making $185,620 or less is eligible for a rebate of as much as $10,500 when they switch to a heat pump.

Lol the average family in BC earns $99610. Who is this for besides the rich? Who absolutely don't need these rebates.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Lol the average family in BC earns $99610. Who is this for besides the rich? Who absolutely don't need these rebates.

how about people that need to replace their furnace? 

why are you righties so against heat pumps, its just weird. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

how about people that need to replace their furnace? 

why are you righties so against heat pumps, its just weird. 

Why do people on the left often make gross assumptions? It's weird.

Again I ask. Since the average family makes half the requirement of this rebate, who is it for?

Why are we giving rebates to people who clearly don't need them?

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Again I ask. Since the average family makes half the requirement of this rebate, who is it for?

its for people that need to replace their furnace. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

That's the upper most bound of the rebate, it's graduated based on income. For that income level, it has to be a household of at least 4 people and you're only eligible if you're replacing and decomissioning an oil, natural gas, or propane central heating system. If you're a smaller household and/or replacing electric heating the maximum income is much less. For example, if a 3 person household is replacing electric baseboard heat the maximum income is $94,428.

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its for people that need to replace their furnace. 

Your willingness to deflect is impressive. How does this help people replace their furnace if most don't even qualify to begin with?

How do you make sense of that?

Should it not be familys making under $185k? Does that not make more sense to you?

24 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Well it’s for me, for one. Retired and earning well less than half the requirement, needed a new furnace/heat pump (for cooling also  now that summers are getting hotter for longer.) The rebate helped me make the purchase much sooner.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Your willingness to deflect is impressive. How does this help people replace their furnace if most don't even qualify to begin with?

Should it not be familys making under $185k? Does that not make more sense to you?

That is the case. $185k is the maximum household income (for a household of 4) that can apply for the rebate

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

That is the case. $185k is the maximum household income (for a household of 4) that can apply for the rebate

My mistake. Instead of reading the word less, I somehow saw more. That makes much more sense

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

it is 

55 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But I live in an apartment :frantic:

We're stuck with Only Fans. 😉

The type the cool you off, not heat you up.

The Massey Bridge was totally stupid. 10 lanes? And where would it go? Highway 99 through Richmond is 6 lanes, the Oak St. Bridge is 4 lanes. Unless they were going to rebuild the Fraser Street Bridge to be a 6 lane bridge into Vancouver. (Yes I'm old enough to remember the Fraser St. Bridge before they built the Knight St. Bridge.)

They'd be better off expanding the tunnel to 6 lanes. Put in a Skytrain line from Bridgeport, along Highway 99. Across to Delta, split off to South Surrey/White Rock, and have one line go to Twassassen and to the Ferry terminal. The reason they wanted the Bridge was so they can have a bigger Port in Richmond/New West, with larger cargo ships.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We're stuck with Only Fans. 😉

The type the cool you off, not heat you up.

The Massey Bridge was totally stupid. 10 lanes? And where would it go? Highway 99 through Richmond is 6 lanes, the Oak St. Bridge is 4 lanes. Unless they were going to rebuild the Fraser Street Bridge to be a 6 lane bridge into Vancouver. (Yes I'm old enough to remember the Fraser St. Bridge before they built the Knight St. Bridge.)

They'd be better off expanding the tunnel to 6 lanes. Put in a Skytrain line from Bridgeport, along Highway 99. Across to Delta, split off to South Surrey/White Rock, and have one line go to Twassassen and to the Ferry terminal. The reason they wanted the Bridge was so they can have a bigger Port in Richmond/New West, with larger cargo ships.

went through the tunnel on the weekend, ngl I would have preferred a bridge. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I go across 2 bridges twice a week. And there's almost always a bottle neck/crash on the Lions Gate or 2nd Narrows.

So no thanks.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I go across 2 bridges twice a week. And there's almost always a bottle neck/crash on the Lions Gate or 2nd Narrows.

So no thanks.

Yea but on those I don't have a claustrophobic fear of being crushed.

We do need some kind of upgrade tho.

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ya?

Come try Kelowna any day of the week.....what a god awful place to try to get in to for literally no reason at all aside from lack of options and to many traffic lights to close together on that bridge

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya?

Come try Kelowna any day of the week.....what a god awful place to try to get in to for literally no reason at all aside from lack of options and to many traffic lights to close together on that bridge

You need another bridge 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You need another bridge 

No.  

We need a bypass from Vernon/Spalumcheen to Westbank or the Connector itself.  

Why would adding another bridge to slam 4-6 lanes of traffic in to 2 lanes of residential help anything at all?

Yikes lol

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.  

We need a bypass from Vernon/Spalumcheen to Westbank or the Connector itself.  

Why would adding another bridge to slam 4-6 lanes of traffic in to 2 lanes of residential help anything at all?

Yikes lol

Bypassing Kelowna would help the most imo.

Glenmore Rd helps bypass most of the heaviest traffic and gets you through to Winfield but you still have to cross the bridge first. I wonder what the feasibility of expanding Westside Road is or an entirely new highway on the west side of the lake up to #97 and Armstrong? Or a bridge from Westside Rd into Vernon?

Failing that you need a few overpasses on Harvey. Why does every single crossroad of a major road have to have lights? Or at least synchronize them…

Edited by 4petesake