B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It it building. I wish I didn't disagree so much with a lot of the BC Conservatives values. If they win and continue their stance, I wouldn't be surprised if they're only in power for 4 years. I think a lot of the current momentum are disgruntled voters of the current government and once those voters see what policies are put in place from the Conservatives they may become disgruntled voters again. lol

If you're a centrist right now, it sucks.

the problem is there are good/bad points to every party.

Please, tax the rich. But not the companies, just the owners.

Please stop immigration to students, who allow minimum wage to remain low.

Please do not allow companies to hire talented skilled people from overseas and lay off Canadians. (this is me personally)

1 minute ago, EastCoastExpress said:

the problem is there are good/bad points to every party.

Please, tax the rich. But not the companies, just the owners.

Please stop immigration to students, who allow minimum wage to remain low.

Please do not allow companies to hire talented skilled people from overseas and lay off Canadians. (this is me personally)

And this is why I'm centrist. lol

I'm not saying everything the Conservatives would do would be bad. I'm more expect there to be some bad with the good. It's not much different than now, just the opposite at the same time.

• ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I wonder how many issues we could solve by just not allowing Non Residents to buy property.

For many countries, this is the norm.

Id still allow sales of vacation property but restrictions on residential.

We do currently have a federal ban tho https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2024/02/government-announces-two-year-extension-to-ban-on-foreign-ownership-of-canadian-housing.html

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Id still allow sales of vacation property but restrictions on residential.

We do currently have a federal ban tho https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2024/02/government-announces-two-year-extension-to-ban-on-foreign-ownership-of-canadian-housing.html

its being by-passed. Start a biznus in canada and Bobs your uncle.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Isn't that good? Immigrants contributing like that right away is what we need. 

If you have a business in canada, you can have ownership of said business overseas. All the employees can be overseas.

Look around you man. Or if you in Van, go to surrey, Abby. China took over Richmond years ago Others are following uncontested.

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Conservatives are so evil, unpopular and bad but somehow their leading in the polls both Nationally and Provincially?

I guess running things into the ground isn't a winning strategy for the incumbent parties.   Going to be humorous on this forum after these elections. 

1 hour ago, bolt said:

I agree it goes both ways. Nevertheless, the conservative momentum is continuing to build. 

Taking polls based off of land lines called and answered is kind of meh at best.

Are the Cons currently polling well?  Yes.

Have the polled well before?  Yes, twice actually and look what happened.

As for the BC Conservatives.  How many are liberals or ex liberals again?  Kind of seems like you'd be voting for what you whine about but whatever 

54 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I wonder how many issues we could solve by just not allowing Non Residents to buy property.

For many countries, this is the norm.

It's not non residents.

It's corporations and developers.

They have bought almost 3 out if every 5 Multi unit homes or housing projects in the last 8 years in Canada by current estimates 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Taking polls based off of land lines called and answered is kind of meh at best.

Are the Cons currently polling well?  Yes.

Have the polled well before?  Yes, twice actually and look what happened.

As for the BC Conservatives.  How many are liberals or ex liberals again?  Kind of seems like you'd be voting for what you whine about but whatever 

it's time for you to accept that the left will lose or the next few elections will be very hard for you. 

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

it's time for you to accept that the left will lose or the next few elections will be very hard for you. 

It's time for you to read before responding 

Ice already said it's a foregone conclusion that Pierre will win federally 

In BC the Conservatives are almost completely populated with former BC Liberals and floor crossers who only did it to save their skin and pension.

Let that sink in.  Like really let it sink in

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's time for you to read before responding 

Ice already said it's a foregone conclusion that Pierre will win federally 

In BC the Conservatives are almost completely populated with former BC Liberals and floor crossers who only did it to save their skin and pension.

Let that sink in.  Like really let it sink in

I'm OK with a Conservative Government and that is your opinion of the pension idea.  If so did they get the idea to save their pension from Jagmeet? Not one party is better on that regard.

Edited by bolt

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's not non residents.

It's corporations and developers.

They have bought almost 3 out if every 5 Multi unit homes or housing projects in the last 8 years in Canada by current estimates 

Look at the owners and the shell companies. Who are the "developers" and where the fuck do they live? Same place as the Loblaws food distribution companies.

4 hours ago, bolt said:

Going to be humorous on this forum after these elections

There are very few on here that think the Cons wont win the next election.

I imagine the comments on this forum will be more of the same as now. 

Which is, many people mentioning PP's weakness....they are doing it now because they think he will likely win.

It might be louder when he has some power. 

Although, I hope you find your schadenfreude somewhere. 

Edit: apologies Bolt. I thought this was the Canadian politics thread and referenced PP. Apparently I am getting to that age where I dont know where I am at times.

Provincially, I would be a bit more disappointed with a Con win. I dont think they will be better than the BCNDP.

Edited by bishopshodan

44 minutes ago, bolt said:

So winning (or polling to) = doing a good job in your mind? I'm trying to understand your thought process here. 

Just look at the conservative run provinces to see what's in store. Privatization and rising costs do to it (energy, insurance, health care, booze), lower quality health care, education. 

This is what you're hoping for and cheering on?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EastCoastExpress said:

If you have a business in canada, you can have ownership of said business overseas. All the employees can be overseas.

Look around you man. Or if you in Van, go to surrey, Abby. China took over Richmond years ago Others are following uncontested.

Tbh this doesn't sound like a convo I want to have. Cheers.

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm trying to understand your thought process here. 

With the language that they used in their posts, it's pretty obvious the only "thought process" involved is "taunt, provoke, and own dem libs".

It's too bad that there are people out there like that, who aren't here to engage in meaningful discussion, but instead would seek to throw shit around to see everyone get heated and stinky.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

And this is why I'm centrist. lol

I'm not saying everything the Conservatives would do would be bad. I'm more expect there to be some bad with the good. It's not much different than now, just the opposite at the same time.

There's literally nothing in their platform that's positive.  These morons should not have any input as to how the province is run.

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

There are very few on here that think the Cons wont win the next election.

I imagine the comments on this forum will be more of the same as now. 

Which is, many people mentioning PP's weakness....they are doing it now because they think he will likely win.

It might be louder when he has some power. 

Although, I hope you find your schadenfreude somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

So winning (or polling to) = doing a good job in your mind? I'm trying to understand your thought process here. 

Just look at the conservative run provinces to see what's in store. Privatization and rising costs do to it (energy, insurance, health care, booze), lower quality health care, education. 

This is what you're hoping for and cheering on?

I dont think we want true right conservatives, but jeez man, if you want us to accept and respect people who self identify as a cat, did you not go too far?

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's literally nothing in their platform that's positive.  These morons should not have any input as to how the province is run.

Properly run and managed private clinics is something we should be doing more of, particularly in rural areas. The NDP won't do this tho because it doesn't align with the unions. Rural care is in real trouble and needs better ideas.

9 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I dont think we want true right conservatives, but jeez man, if you want us to accept and respect people who self identify as a cat, did you not go too far?

If you are a believer of that 'identify as a cat' myth have you not gone too far?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Properly run and managed private clinics is something we should be doing more of, particularly in rural areas. The NDP won't do this tho because it doesn't align with the unions. Rural care is in real trouble and needs better ideas.

I'm pretty strongly opposed to any kind of privatization with health care.

13 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Sorry... who is asking you to do that? How many people are self identifying as cats anyway? Why do you care of they do? What does this have to do with the election?

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If you are a believer of that 'identify as a cat' myth have you not gone too far?

I have a lot more respect for someone who wants to be identified as a cat than someone advocating they shouldn't be respected for that reason.