B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sorry... who is asking you to do that? How many people are self identifying as cats anyway? Why do you care of they do? What does this have to do with the election?

the real question is, is someone forcing you to shit in box? otherwise its a personal choice and nobody's business.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the real question is, is someone forcing you to shit in box? otherwise its a personal choice and nobody's business.

How/why is this even a fucking question in a political thread? I can't even with people....

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

How/why is this even a fucking question in a political thread? I can't even with people....

I think it's a Joe Rogan thing, remember he told his audience that the cat thing was real when he knew it was all bs? I get East didn't get the update. 

5 hours ago, bolt said:

I'm OK with a Conservative Government and that is your opinion of the pension idea.  If so did they get the idea to save their pension from Jagmeet? Not one party is better on that regard.

Check the floor crossers prior to the UCP folding and how long they've been in power.  There's a reason the pension thing is important.

You're also still completely ignoring that a large portion of the BC Conservatives are made up of former BC Liberals and UCP members.

Why?

5 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Look at the owners and the shell companies. Who are the "developers" and where the fuck do they live? Same place as the Loblaws food distribution companies.

But they are corporations mass buying property this skewing the actual data and by sheer volume of ownership dictating the price of a rental and the price of housing as a whole 

Corporation ls listed and working as legal entities in Canada.

That has to stop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I dont think we want true right conservatives, but jeez man, if you want us to accept and respect people who self identify as a cat, did you not go too far?

Literally nobody accepts that as anything but a mental illness 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Better potential for integrated and standardization of services, in the case of physio getting rid of user fees.

Things like this are more than a little concerning-

At a townhall event for UCP party members, Danielle Smith said she plans to transfer much of Alberta’s hospital operations away from the province’s health authority, AHS, to organizations like Covenant Health. At first glance this might not seem like a big deal, but it is. 

Covenant is a faith-based Catholic healthcare provider, and doesn’t provide certain services, citing religious grounds. Abortions, MAiD, gender-affirming care and emergency contraception are all off-limits. Smith seemed to express a particular focus on shifting hospital operations in rural communities. Doing so risks the creation of ‘deserts’ across the province lacking access to these services.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Things like this are more than a little concerning-

At a townhall event for UCP party members, Danielle Smith said she plans to transfer much of Alberta’s hospital operations away from the province’s health authority, AHS, to organizations like Covenant Health. At first glance this might not seem like a big deal, but it is. 

Covenant is a faith-based Catholic healthcare provider, and doesn’t provide certain services, citing religious grounds. Abortions, MAiD, gender-affirming care and emergency contraception are all off-limits. Smith seemed to express a particular focus on shifting hospital operations in rural communities. Doing so risks the creation of ‘deserts’ across the province lacking access to these services.

I am soo tired of organised religion. 

Alberta, two stepping back to the dark ages. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Better potential for integrated and standardization of services,

So this part can be achieved with regulation and oversight.

We are already in a tight spot with government also being a provider of service too, I don't see what would change in the system right now to achieve more.

I'm still really not clear on what people are against. If we still have a single payer system for major care, why does it matter if a clinic is privately run?

GPs are private contractors eg, that doesn't effect the care you get. I don't see why more privately run care in rural areas would be a problem, it might be the only way rural people actually get good care.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

in the case of physio getting rid of user fees.

We can't afford that.

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There's literally nothing in their platform that's positive.  These morons should not have any input as to how the province is run.

The problem is this way of thinking is, while I see more negative than positive in their platform at this point, I fundamentally disagree with referring to the other party as "morons". If you're trying to make a convincing argument, this way of thinking is going to push me away rather than convince.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The problem is this way of thinking is, while I see more negative than positive in their platform at this point, I fundamentally disagree with referring to the other party as "morons". If you're trying to make a convincing argument, this way of thinking is going to push me away rather than convince.

We really need a true centre party.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We really need a true centre party.

We really do. Although, to add to that, we really need a true centre party not led in the same way the BC United was.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

They have a climate change denying, antivax bigot as a leader.  Calling them morons is generous.  There's no reasoning with people who think the damage these pieces of garbage want to go to our province is acceptable.

Edited by King Heffy

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They have a climate change denying, antivax bigot as a leader.  Calling them morons is generous.  There's no reasoning with people who think the damage these pieces of garbage want to go to our province is acceptable.

Not disagreeing, but I think people are getting immune to this kind of description of people, it's like white noise now hearing how weird these people are.

Imo the NDP needs to focus on their plan first.

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, but your way of describing them is comparable to that of a Trump speech.

Like I said, I don't agree with the Conservatives platform for the most part, but I don't see how describing them as "morons" is any better. The people who end up liking your description already made their mind up about it. Meanwhile, the people who already decided they like the Conservatives will not be convinced to switch.

Perhaps most importantly, the undecided voters LIKE ME are pushed away from voting NDP because if NDP voters are going to start calling everyone else morons why do I want to vote for that?

And yes, I'm undecided. I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, but your way of describing them is comparable to that of a Trump speech.

Like I said, I don't agree with the Conservatives platform for the most part, but I don't see how describing them as "morons" is any better. The people who end up liking your description already made their mind up about it. Meanwhile, the people who already decided they like the Conservatives will not be convinced to switch.

Perhaps most importantly, the undecided voters LIKE ME are pushed away from voting NDP because if NDP voters are going to start calling everyone else morons why do I want to vote for that?

And yes, I'm undecided. I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

It's not easy, is it. Eg I like the greens for their housing and ev ideas, can't agree with them on lng. I like a few ideas from the cons, but can't accept their social ideas or vax stance. I don't think the NDP have done a very good job on housing, maybe a C- on health, nothing on the drug problem, and I don't like that they ran a covid election early to grab power.

So who to pick? 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's not easy, is it. Eg I like the greens for their housing and ev ideas, can't agree with them on lng. I like a few ideas from the cons, but can't accept their social ideas or vax stance. I don't think the NDP have done a very good job on housing, maybe a C- on health, nothing on the drug problem, and I don't like that they ran a covid election early to grab power.

So who to pick? 

I'm pretty much with you on what you said. I would have likely voted BC United even if Falcon sounded like s sleeze and it's evident he just wants power given the sudden move to join the Conservatives.

Now I feel like I have no one to vote for. I kind of want a party that will keep to good things of each party and remove the bad things of each party. lol

That power grab by the NDP, now that you mention it, I recall it really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by The Lock
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm pretty much with you on what you said. I would have likely voted BC United even if Falcon sounded like s sleeze and it's evident he just wants power given the sudden move to join the Conservatives.

Now I feel like I have no one to vote for. I kind of want a party that will keep to good things of each party and remove the bad things of each party. lol

That power grab by the NDP, now that you mention it, I recall it really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

maybe just vote for the best person in your riding? sometimes that can have a good impact. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

maybe just vote for the best person in your riding? sometimes that can have a good impact. 

That's the problem. I'm in Mike Morris' riding and he's stepping down, so there's no incumbent. I'm going to to have to do some research.

That being said, given the riding, my vote might not matter much anyway unfortunately.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

So who to pick? 

Just to be the devils advocate Jimmy. Name me a party that has done better than the NDP, when in power over the last 10 years.............

My bet is they all have warts, and none would appease, everyone......which is my point with Trudeau, as well

Just name me 10 better leaders, Globally..................

My bet, is, just like me, you can't.....

And, I know, you know, that I know, that you know!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Just to be the devils advocate Jimmy. Name me a party that has done better than the NDP, when in power over the last 10 years.............

My bet is they all have warts, and none would appease, everyone......which is my point with Trudeau, as well

Just name me 10 better leaders, Globally..................

My bet, is, just like me, you can't.....

And, I know, you know, that I know, that you know!

Better on which file? 

Gordo did a lot of good things for the economy. 

Christy was odd.

I don't think the NDP can spend us out of our current issues.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Like 1