B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hey we finally agree on something.  😊

Every car should have this. Should be mandatory the same as a seat belt. 

Every car that is built will need to have this installed if the car is to be sold. A car, whether it’s new or used, cannot be driven off the lot unless this is installed. Furthermore, just like seatbelts, cops can pull you over and if you don’t have it installed you will get a ticket. Maybe they can put a sticker on the licence plate if you have it installed so the cops can see it. Just like the old ICBC sticker. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hey we finally agree on something.  😊

Every car should have this. Should be mandatory the same as a seat belt. 

Every car that is built will need to have this installed if the car is to be sold. A car, whether it’s new or used, cannot be driven off the lot unless this is installed. Furthermore, just like seatbelts, cops can pull you over and if you don’t have it installed you will get a ticket. Maybe they can put a sticker on the licence plate if you have it installed so the cops can see it. Just like the old ICBC sticker. 

We need one that detects weed too, but that would never fly in BC.

Btw, has anyone else noticed there's a really stinky new (to me anyway) weed out there that smells like burning plastic? Noticing it more and more on walks, etc. I don't touch Satan's lettuce.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We need one that detects weed too, but that would never fly in BC.

Btw, has anyone else noticed there's a really stinky new (to me anyway) weed out there that smells like burning plastic? Noticing it more and more on walks, etc. I don't touch Satan's lettuce.

Haven’t had weed personally in 25 years. But I hear the stuff out there right now is pretty bad. Smelly wise. 

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haven’t had weed personally in 25 years. But I hear the stuff out there right now is pretty bad. Smelly wise. 

It's rank AF. 

And I enjoy the occasional cigar. 

Nothing beats black and tan pipe tobacco tho. Shame about the name tho.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe you should be asking yourself why they needed to be sold in the first place. What did Glen Clark get with our $400 million?  Those 3 ferries were literally decommissioned and taken out of service. You do know this right?

Well aware of what went on.

Worked 20 plus years in the marine sector.

Both sides fucked up. Happens a lot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Hey. I hold politicians accountable too. Remember that I said this is in no way to give politicians a pass for having bad behaviour.

What this is however is me saying there's so much more to politics than just scandals. I guess what I disagree with is putting the scandal before what actually affects our lives: the policies. A politician getting drunk is less likely to affect our lives than a tax of sorts and if we're suddenly talking about him being drunk more than we're talking about how we're being taxed (again, this is just an example)... that seems rather alarming to me.

And I get that policies are boring, but that's what politics is supposed to be: boring. lol

And perhaps it's the crap happening down in the states that has me more thinking this way, because I'm just plain tired of the Trump stuff and I really want to see things return to normal.

100% agree on the Trump stuff....on so many levels

But

IMHO....not so humble, but..........

I think that for the most part, we are not affected, day to day, with who is in power, at least that is my experience

But, where I do see a difference is in the people of lower economic standing, and how policies affect them

I can't even say, that when the rich get breaks, it affects me, but honestly, I have never noticed

But when politicians do bad things, and get away with them, and I have to explain, why i like them to my kids or grandchildren, even though they were bad.....

Yeah, I have trouble doing that......

Trump is the perfect example of that.

How in the hell could I ever explain, that I trust that man with my future, when he can not even tell the friggin truth....

I guess that is bottom line for me.......

I think it explains why I think like I do..............you know, morals and ethics...kinda stuff

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe you should be asking yourself why they needed to be sold in the first place. What did Glen Clark get with our $400 million?  Those 3 ferries were literally decommissioned and taken out of service. You do know this right?

I thought those ferries ended up in Egypt. 

We're still suffering the years of neglect of our health care system and education systems by the BC Liberals. 

But the BC NDP need to get funding into places like the interior so that ER's don't shut down. We also need a better school system.

We should basically look at Sweden, Norway, and Finland and see how they are doing things. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We're still suffering the years of neglect of our health care system and education systems by the BC Liberals. 

But the BC NDP need to get funding into places like the interior so that ER's don't shut down. We also need a better school system.

We should basically look at Sweden, Norway, and Finland and see how they are doing things. 

I'm fully on board with changing how we run our systems.

I don't believe that we wouldn't be right here in this same spot had the NDP held power continuously since the 90s. In fact I'd wager a lot that it would be even more top heavy.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

BC votes in the Cons and its going suck bad. Careful with your vote.

Look at the bedfellows

https://vancouversun.com/news/bc-conservatives-john-rustad-jordan-peterson-podcast

Petterpot is a bonafide loser.

Oh goody, JP has thoughts on BC.

It's frustrating reading some of the BCC ideas. I'm a fan of small modular reactors, there's some real promise there for green power. But why does it need to be wrapped up with that other social bs?

Just now, Bob Long said:

Oh goody, JP has thoughts on BC.

It's frustrating reading some of the BCC ideas. I'm a fan of small modular reactors, there's some real promise there for green power. But why does it need to be wrapped up with that other social bs?

Yeah, I have no problem with the nuclear talk.

Its the rest of the crap these little twits go on about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

We're "both siding" fast ferries now?

Wasn't it?

Bad design, not needed- cost more than they should.-- NDP

sold, by the Liberal government, for less than was previously offered to the Liberal government----- Libs

Looks like another both sides fucked up to me.

2 good things came of all that money- local people got work building them, and when the fast cat company collapsed, multiple small aluminum boat building companies got started in B.C.

Not enough good things for all that money- but it is what it is.

Not the first both sides fucked it up, won't be last either.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Wasn't it?

Bad design, not needed- cost more than they should.-- NDP

sold, by the Liberal government, for less than was previously offered to the Liberal government----- Libs

Looks like another both sides fucked up to me.

2 good things came of all that money- local people got work building them, and when the fast cat company collapsed, multiple small aluminum boat building companies got started in B.C.

Not enough good things for all that money- but it is what it is.

Not the first both sides fucked it up, won't be last either.

I get it, you're upset someone didn't clean up the NDP's mess to your liking 😄

• Haha 1