B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

BC is the best place on the planet, and we are spoiled.

Just my 2 cents but imo ndp supporters tend to not like to criticize their governments. It leaves them with a bit of a case of blinders on some issues. I think that's why we are seeing so many people surprised at the rise of the BCC.

What do you base this on? Its just that you say a bit about NDP people and the few on this site dont seem to be as you claim.

I used to criticise the BC Libs in a big way.

They did a lot to hurt the industry that I was in. I really believe Crusty was corrupt.

I ripped Horgan because he got rid of some campaign financing but the day before it went through, the owners of my companies gave the NDP 15k. It was on a hope that they would look into the struggles that our industry faced. I told my bosses they were dumb, that theNDP wouldnt change a thing ( unions would have been effected).

I hated Harper due to silencing the scientists.

I want JT gone cause he has lost the room, in a massive way.

I vote NDP ( used to be Green and Libs)

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What do you base this on? Its just that you say a bit about NDP people and the few on this site dont seem to be as you claim.

I used to criticise the BC Libs in a big way.

They did a lot to hurt the industry that I was in. I really believe Crusty was corrupt.

I ripped Horgan because he got rid of some campaign financing but the day before it went through, the owners of my companies gave the NDP 15k. It was on a hope that they would look into the struggles that our industry faced. I told my bosses they were dumb, that theNDP wouldnt change a thing ( unions would have been effected).

I hated Harper due to silencing the scientists.

I want JT gone cause he has lost the room, in a massive way.

I vote NDP ( used to be Green and Libs)

Just my observation over the years. I think I see it in the polls as well. 

With the cons, I also see a tendency to not care about how creepy the leaders are as long as taxes are low.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Who cares, if you can’t afford to go to a private healthcare clinic that’s because you’ve failed. If you can’t afford it, it’s because there was Something YOU didn’t put in the effort to do. And everyone can afford a house. If I couldn’t make $200,000/year at minimum or didn’t know how to take advantage of everything they’ve set up to shelter taxes, I’d be taking a deep reflection. 

Eep.  No teachers in this model 😄

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just my observation over the years. I think I see it in the polls as well. 

With the cons, I also see a tendency to not care about how creepy the leaders are as long as taxes are low.

To be fair, in BC we only have two options.

Hard to criticise the NDP with what the alt is.

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

To be fair, in BC we only have two options.

we do have the green protest vote. 

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Hard to criticise the NDP with what the alt is.

thats my point tho, not being self-critical leads to (or can lead to) crappy outcomes. I know some people don't think talking about personal experience matters, but I've seen this show three times in three provinces. 

I'll say it again, I don't want the BCC to win. Rustad is fucking weird and has some very bad ideas. But I'm also not surprised at all that the NDP is in a real fight.

My ideal out come would be Sonia's Revenge (1 seat green balance of power) or a 1-2 seat NDP majority. That way I think we get the NDP back to more practical matters and maybe the cons get a new leader.

Edited by Bob Long

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we do have the green protest vote. 

thats my point tho, not being self-critical leads to (or can lead to) crappy outcomes. I know some people don't think talking about personal experience matters, but I've seen this show three times in three provinces. 

I'll say it again, I don't want the BCC to win. Rustad is fucking weird and has some very bad ideas. But I'm also not surprised at all that the NDP is in a real fight.

My ideal out come would be Sonia's Revenge (1 seat green palace of power) or a 1-2 seat NDP majority. That way I think we get the NDP back to more practical matters and maybe the cons get a new leader.

I lost faith in the Greens and why would I protest when I think the NDP in BC has been alright? I think better than what the cons could be. 

Maybe it's hard to be too critical of the  NDP when I dont think they have done too poorly. I see them as a party that will actually react, sometimes on the fly for what people want. 

I think the reason for the NDP struggling in BC has more to do with the national Con movement. I know a few dudes that vote that dont know the difference between fed and provincial. They all will be voting Con for both. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I lost faith in the Greens and why would I protest when I think the NDP in BC has been alright? I think better than what the cons could be. 

no of course not, why would you if you are OK with things?

I had a lot of hope for the Greens but Weaver just wasn't the guy, he folded so fast and really hurt a big chance at green tech in BC. 

Maybe it's hard to be too critical of the  NDP when I dont think they have done too poorly. I see them as a party that will actually react, sometimes on the fly for what people want. 

There's a number of things I think they need to answer for:

- 2030 Olympics. I'm sorry but if you really believe in reconciliation that was low lying fruit, particularly when we chose to back that scummy FIFA instead. 

- crime - Eby was "white hot mad" a year ago when 3 people got stabbed downtown, did nothing. Then a guy gets killed and anther maimed and NOW he's apparently interested. We'll see.

- 100's of millions in lame vote buying ICBC rebates. $100's of millions on that, when we need a new Riverview. 

- outside of the GPs (which is great) I see the same old structural problems in our health system. I believe that the NDPs focus on union gigs first is in the way of a lot of innovation. 

So it's stuff like that that annoy me.

OTOH, Rustad is saying he wants to take 4 billion out of the health budget, and I guess replace it with some vague notion of private? yikes. I'm all for smart, targeted private where it makes sense and we all benefit, but thats not what he's preaching.

I think the reason for the NDP struggling in BC has more to do with the national Con movement. I know a few dudes that vote that dont know the difference between fed and provincial. They all will be voting Con for both. 

totally this is part of it.

• Cheers 1