B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's like a total deal breaker for me.  Can't vote NDP now no matter what...   🤨

I'm sure cops would give you a break, and if not I'm sure that new deal will cover any expenses 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chip lives in Eby's riding.  Seems like Chip isn't voting for Eby.  I wonder if his neighbours on The Golden Mile will be voting for Eby?

Listen, I feel for Chip. I really do.

After his tax increases he’ll probably have to settle for the Red Not Chilli Peppers next birthday. How will he look his neighbours in the eye?

IMG_1845.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

This popped up on my Facebook feed. Friggin loonies

Our MAGA BC Conservative slate. With Rustad himself saying Covid vaccinations were just about controlling the population, what will happen under his government if there is another pandemic.  Who will be his cabinet ministers given that he has recruited MAGA and Qanon conspiracy candidates?

Mike Harris, the BC Conservative candidate for Langford, claims it is possible to “kill” COVID-19 simply by “blowing a hair dryer up one’s nose.”

Sheldon Clare, the BC Conservative candidate for Prince George–North Cariboo, says Canada is like 1933 Germany and that he is “willing to commit insurrection.”

Jordan Kealy, the BC Conservative candidate in Peace River North,  claims there is a “government plan to eat bugs” and “control the weather.”

Bryan Tepper, the BC Conservative Surrey–White Rock candidate, has promoted the idea that the storming of the Capitol building in the US didn’t happen. 

John Koury, the BC Conservative candidate for the Cowichan Valley, claims that Donald Trump actually won the last US election.

Harman Bhangu, the BC Conservative for Langley-Abbotsford, argues that the storming of the Capitol was done by “Antifa” dressed up as Trump supporters.  He criticized the Vancouver Canucks who wore pride-themed practice jerseys saying “There is nothing to be proud of.”

Kristina Loewen, the BC Conservative for Kelowna Centre, promotes far right conspiracy theories against a “UN world order.”

Chris Sankey, the BC Conservative candidate for North Coast–Haida Gwaii, claims that efforts to combat climate change  are a “depopulation conspiracy.”

Paul Ratchford, the BC Conservative candidate for Vancouver-Point Grey, supports calls for the arrest of Bonnie Henry. He says “Violent anti-social trans extremists increasingly define the [Pride] movement.” He has called for defunding the CBC.  He has called for defunding the University of BC because it hired a professor specializing in race and ethics.

Bryan Breguet, the BC Conservative candidate in Vancouver–Langara, attacks mothers who do not breastfeed by saying “You f–king decided to have a baby! Act as a f–king mother! Jesus Chris, get your priorities right.”

Rosalyn Bird, the BC Conservative candidate in Prince George-Valemount, promotes the idea that Pride supporters as “groomers” and that the government wants to “castrate kids.”

Tim Thielmann, BC Conservative candidate in Victoria–Beacon Hill, said it was “Gross” that people objected to a white supremacist daycare that advertised itself as a “whites-only” space for “proud parents of European children” looking to “escape forced diversity.”

Ignoring the racism and homophobia we've come to expect from these dirtbags, imagine the tantrum the Nazi party supporters here would have if I suggested forcibly removing Rustad if the voters decide to let him destroy the province.

Why would I vote for a NDP government that has repeatedly ran major deficits. $9 billion this year. Even the Finance Minister does not want to face the music and is not running again. Obvious vote buying by all parties but the NDP are the worse. Rustad releases his 'costed' platform soon. That will be an interesting read. More unfunded spending? 

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's like a total deal breaker for me.  Can't vote NDP now no matter what...   🤨

You are a speeder?

That's lame bro. 

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wonder if his neighbours on The Golden Mile will be voting for Eby?

I doubt it,

Probably why he put the sign up. To troll his neighbours. Chip is a dork. Noboby in a nice area wants to see that fear mongering nonsense.

My neighbourhood is affluent, including the most expensive property on the Island( still not worth 1/2 of chip's). I believe Diana Krall and Elvis Costello own it, another neighbour is Clara Hughes ( love saying hi to her, I think see is amazing)

Anyway, I have not seen a single Con sign, but we have 5 or 6 NDP and 1 independent ( as per my daily dog walk perusal ).

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Why would I vote for a NDP government that has repeatedly ran major deficits. $9 billion this year. Even the Finance Minister does not want to face the music and is not running again. Obvious vote buying by all parties but the NDP are the worse. Rustad releases his 'costed' platform soon. That will be an interesting read. More unfunded spending? 

Because if you vote Conservative, you will be labeled an anti vaxxer, a climate change denier and a racist. C’mon Bouds, get with the program. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Only on the highway bro. Gotta use that horsepower somewhere. 

Go to the track.

If you can afford a car over 150k then you can afford the track.

A dude I know used to take his Porsche, he liked it so much he went out and bought a race car. It is one of those classic looking deals, looked similar to a  Ford GT40 type thing, but isnt. He owns an insurance company. Rich. I was talking with his wife on their farm one day and he showed up home towing a boat he had just dropped $250k on. His wife was like...'wtf is that?'

...you know you're rich when you dont have to check with wifey for that kind of treat. 

Moral is, dont speed Pete, well at least not excessively. You're a baller, do the right thing. Dont put people you share the road with in danger. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Because if you vote Conservative, you will be labeled an anti vaxxer, a climate change denier and a racist. C’mon Bouds, get with the program. 

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

But all you Cons want those bright shiny projects built, no? If we don't build them now, when? We had to endure 3 years of higher ICBC rates because of the last Conservative government. Dumpster fire incoming if he has his way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Go to the track.

If you can afford a car over 150k then you can afford the track.

A dude I know used to take his Porsche, he liked it so much he went out and bought a race car. It is one of those classic looking deals, looked similar to a  Ford GT40 type thing, but isnt. He owns an insurance company. Rich. I was talking with his wife on their farm one day and he showed up home towing a boat he had just dropped $250k on. His wife was like...'wtf is that?'

...you know you're rich when you dont have to check with wifey for that kind of treat. 

Moral is, dont speed Pete, well at least not excessively. You're a baller, do the right thing. Dont put people you share the road with in danger. 

Those same folks complain that their insurance is increasing......

• Cheers 1

I hear that vax can give you AIDS

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

2 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

But all you Cons want those bright shiny projects built, no? If we don't build them now, when? We had to endure 3 years of higher ICBC rates because of the last Conservative government. Dumpster fire incoming if he has his way.

That's the the thing (and Eby's already commented on it). We had a double whammy of years of Liberal>>BCUP>>Con neglect to catch up on, and planning ahead for the massive influx of immigration expected over the next decade. If we hadn't started building that stuff now (and yes, taking on some debt/deficit to do so), we'd be in a WORLD of hurt in 10 years. That stuff doesn't get cheaper over time. ESPECIALLY when you need it done FAST. And in the mean time it's creating a crap tonne of jobs, infrastructure etc.

Maybe stop polling to vote for Cons that have never done us any favours, and aren't remotely classic "fiscal Conservatives" anyway, and Eby wouldn't feel like he has to "buy votes" to continue doing the good work they've started.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Meanwhile downtown Victoria looks like a blighted hellhole slowly being swallowed by the homeless. It's such a shame what's happened to Downtown Victoria. Used to be such a nice place. Was down there all the time when I was a kid. Can't pay me enough to go there now.

Anyone who lives here brave enough to go for a walk down Pandora St?

462107788_1119388846383915_5916343168332625157_n.jpg.8f97da4b5636b2743c0747daf42717c5.jpg

image.jpeg.acc89d19f743c3f919a16cce77e0cd1f.jpeg

Pandora Street

Edited by nuckin_futz

13 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Meanwhile downtown Victoria looks like a blighted hellhole slowly being swallowed by the homeless. It's such a shame what's happened to Downtown Victoria. Used to be such a nice place. Was down there all the time when I was a kid. Can't pay me enough to go there now.

Anyone who lives here brave enough to go for a walk down Pandora St?

462107788_1119388846383915_5916343168332625157_n.jpg.8f97da4b5636b2743c0747daf42717c5.jpg

image.jpeg.acc89d19f743c3f919a16cce77e0cd1f.jpeg

Pandora Street

Coming soon to your neighbourhood? BC Cons should put this in their adverts. 

30 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Why? Do they have a plan to fix it or do they just like compiling lists of 21st century problems?

So when they close down the 'drug dens'... is everyone in the cities ready for drug use to be even more spread out?

It is disgusting now  but the Cons will make it worse.

I was listening to about 10 inmates talk as they were waiting on their meds. They referenced one of these places up island...

" they call them drug dens.."

"haha, they kinda are dude, its wild"

" yeah, but the cops like them, up were I'm from the cops sit watching a block perimeter outside. If you try to pull bullshit outside they nab ya"

" makes sense, keep us all in one place haha" 

The safe supply didnt bring the drug problem but the decriminalisation didnt work  (needed way more support).

What we are looking at in the future could be worse with the Cons. We dont have the police resources to arrest all the people that now will be commiting crimes when using, and while they are trying to keep up they wont be available for other calls. We dont have the prison system to support what will be an influx addicts, the revolving door could be set to be worse. 

I dont see the Cons doing us any favours here. The NDP are taking steps to support mental health/ addicts...

choose wisely BC.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The BC Libservatives caused much of this issue in the first place by cutting mental health spending, cutting treatment programs and closing facilities 

The BC NDP are actively engaging in forced detention of addicts with severe mental health issues because there is little other choice.

BC NDP should put this reminder in their adverts

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sadly, many of the people who have decided to follow the populist trend have decided this is the best policy once they've accepted the buzzwords and fluff:

jim-carrey-jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber.gi

Also sadly, once a populist steps into power, they'll take credit for the last government's work as their own, even though the policies they introduce won't effectively change things until a couple of years or even an election cycle later.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I see it this way.

If you want strong public healthcare, more GPs and NPs, vote NDP.

If you want public/private healthcare with players like Telus controlling your health, vote Conservative.

If you want an increase in housing supply, vote NDP.

If you are a real estate speculator, vote Conservative.

If you want major projects started (skytrain, bridges, etc) but at the cost of deficit spending, vote NDP.

If you want plastic straws, vote Conservative 

If you want the drug issues dealt with, then you don't really have a choice as no party has shown the ability to deal with it. 

• Cheers 2