B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Looks that way but hard to say how accurate the polls are. 

If she does win but the NDP retains power I wonder if nothing changes. 

If she wins but the NDP retain power, then yes nothing will change. That’s the dilemma the voters are facing. De Genova is similar to Ken Sim. She will greatly help the downtown area get cleaned up and fix the housing issues as long as the Conservatives win the election. 

Eby is trying to paint the Conservative Party as a MAGA party. The reality is a lot of the Conservative candidates are solid business people who can actually fix the issues we have.  As @Boudrias keeps saying, we are $9 billion in debt. Fiscal responsibility needs to be a key component of the next government. 

Quite frankly, I don’t give a shit if Rustad is anti mandate. Bonnie Henry did some good things but she wasn’t a saint either. I questioned some of her decisions, like trying to throw my friend in jail for having her kids over for Christmas dinner. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If she wins but the NDP retain power, then yes nothing will change. That’s the dilemma the voters are facing. De Genova is similar to Ken Sim. She will greatly help the downtown area get cleaned up and fix the housing issues as long as the Conservatives win the election. 

Eby is trying to paint the Conservative Party as a MAGA party. The reality is a lot of the Conservative candidates are solid business people who can actually fix the issues we have.  As @Boudrias keeps saying, we are $9 billion in debt. Fiscal responsibility needs to be a key component of the next government. 

I share many of the same concerns. I don't see much of a plan tho out of the con's, it's very light on economic details. They also plan to spend big and aren't saying how it will be covered.

One good thing about this election is its forced Eby back more to the middle. Lets see if he keeps his promises and stays there if he wins.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quite frankly, I don’t give a shit if Rustad is anti mandate. Bonnie Henry did some good things but she wasn’t a saint either. I questioned some of her decisions, like trying to throw my friend in jail for having her kids over for Christmas dinner. 

this isn't based in medicine, its based in the feels. Let's not mix medicine and people feelings. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Hidden by mod

So is it a transgender person or a transvestite male?  And a teacher or some other school employee?

Transgender people actually exist by the way.   They live, they breathe, they have jobs.   Hiding those facts from kids might confuse them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

^^^

Holy F.

Cant wait to get out there today and vote for the NDP.

They have done some good things and really, the alternative is not an option. 

Discussing the choices with the missus this am. My preference is green but I would be splitting the vote too closely.

I do think Eby will eke out a win, so I don't really want a lame duck MLA in my riding. 

I do like the NDP guy for Yaletown, lots of respect for the VPD from me.

Aside from the social bs we see on display today, Rustad hasn't actually put out an economic plan so I'm left with having to trust a proven liar who I disagree with on social issues. Woo hoo.

I think Sonya is the best person but sometimes that's not enough.

So looks like it'll be NDP for the second time in my voting life.

Maybe some bourbon will help 😆

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Discussing the choices with the missus this am. My preference is green but I would be splitting the vote too closely.

I do think Eby will eke out a win, so I don't really want a lame duck MLA in my riding. 

I do like the NDP guy for Yaletown, lots of respect for the VPD from me.

Aside from the social bs we see on display today, Rustad hasn't actually put out an economic plan so I'm left with having to trust a proven liar who I disagree with on social issues. Woo hoo.

I think Sonya is the best person but sometimes that's not enough.

So looks like it'll be NDP for the second time in my voting life.

Maybe some bourbon will help 😆

I for one would at least like to see his concept of a plan. And how he’s going to pay for it.

Edited by Johngould21

7 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I for one would at least like to see his concept of a plan. And how he’s going to pay for it.

That's the rub. There isn't one. And imo he's not trustworthy. Something is off with him.

The positive thing for me is the election has already pushed Eby more to the middle so that's a win imo.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Ever heard of a typo. The u is next to the y on a standard keyboard.

Not wanting men dressed in women's clothing around my children is not hate speech.

Common sense is offensive in Ebys British Columbia and that's why I vote for the good guys in conservative blue 

Poilievre has two dad's 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

This is all bs that people post.

They aren't bigots or anti vaxers etc.

And personally I could care less about personal views. I want common sense policies. I want a cheaper cost of living.

I want parental consent and less sexualization in schools.

There should never be a cross dresser in any middle school. Ever.

It's disgusting that they bend over and take it from these vocal minorities

I want a government with the cohones to shut these people up and focus on what's important. A sustainable life.

Are the conservatives it? Who knows, you may be right.

But it's def not the NDP. They've had 7 years to fuck things up.

Vote for change, don't believe the bullshit you read online, believe what you see.

I've never seen so many tent cities ever, they big time dropped the ball with the free drugs and it has backed up emergency rooms. Revolving door narcan recipients.

Wasting our medical services for the people that actually need them,  like the elderly, and aren't on their 8th overdose of the year.

I liked John Horgan, I actually voted for him.

But David Eby ain't it.

Complete and utter ignorance summed up in one post. You live in an imaginary online world that doesn't exist. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Ever heard of a typo. The u is next to the y on a standard keyboard.

Not wanting men dressed in women's clothing around my children is not hate speech.

Common sense is offensive in Ebys British Columbia and that's why I vote for the good guys in conservative blue 

It's the words you choose. Time for both common sense and common courtesy.

It's a parental right to let their children know how they wish the world worked.  It's a parent's obligation to prepare them for how the world actually works.

Welcome to the 21st century on planet Earth.  We don't have the 87 genders that some proclaim but neither has there ever been only two.  And we know that now.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Lol I live and breath this world every day.

Pretty sure the ones living in the imaginary online world is the liberal mob that lurks this sub...

Your summary of what's "happening" in schools is absolute horseshit. Not to mention the fact that you think it's the single biggest issue in this election. 

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

I don't care about one's sexuality.

Gay people can be teachers. Doesn't bug me. They can adopt children. I have zero issues with that.

I don't think cross dressers belong in school. There should be a dress code for teachers. Ones sexuality should not be flaunted to their classroom. They are there to learn math and English. Not learn that Mr Smith wears a skirt and make up.

You never said if the teacher you are complaining about is transgender or a transvestite.  Cross dresser might describe the latter but not the former.

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Yeah, it kind of is bro.

Who cares what clothing they're wearing? What makes a trans woman in a dress/skirt inappropriate?

59 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

I don't care about one's sexuality.

Gay people can be teachers. Doesn't bug me. They can adopt children. I have zero issues with that.

I don't think cross dressers belong in school. There should be a dress code for teachers. Ones sexuality should not be flaunted to their classroom. They are there to learn math and English. Not learn that Mr Smith wears a skirt and make up.

What does one's clothing have to do with their sexuality?

They're just people. I guess you wouldn't take your kids to a production of Peter Pan either?

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, it kind of is bro.

Who cares what clothing they're wearing? What makes a trans woman in a dress/skirt inappropriate?

What does one's clothing have to do with their sexuality?

They're just people. I guess you wouldn't take your kids to a production of Peter Pan either?

No such thing as Halloween, at  some homes .

No drama classes

No playing dress up with their kids

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’ve been following this guy for awhile. He seems to have a detailed breakdown of info for every riding. If these numbers are even somewhat accurate, the NDP are fooked…

Weird.  Every time you post a poll claiming overwhelming victory for one party I consistently find one from a credible or more credible series of sources that refute it.

How odd.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/advantage-ndp-bc-election-campaign

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-ndp-election-survey-fairview

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 2.54.01 PM.png

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2