B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

That was just one reason.

I mentioned in a previous post about the ndp presence in the interior, how they handled the forest fires and how they treat farmers.

Their entire platform is pathetic. Authoritarian and infringes on human rights.

lol, ok so again

Rustad is a former liberal.  His party is full of former liberals.  The BC Liberals shit on farmers and forestry for over 15 years.  

But somehow NOW they care?  

Look mate, nothing can be done about forestry during the summer.  At all.  Our logging practices are no bueno in this world wide climate.  The best money is in logging old growth and there isn't much of that left.  Farming in BC is and has been a joke and to say that the NDP are against it when the BC libs threw money towards seeing farmland replaced by vineyards and wineries while also developing or flooding major portions of what still exists as arable land is a joke.

As for the human rights things/  GD you're privileged mate if you genuinely think that the NDP platform infringes on anything close to that and you should be gd thrilled your biggest fear is a rainbow flag or a dude in a dress

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol, ok so again

Rustad is a former liberal.  His party is full of former liberals.  The BC Liberals shit on farmers and forestry for over 15 years.  

Look mate, nothing can be done about forestry during the summer.  At all.  Our logging practices are no bueno in this world wide climate.  The best money is in logging old growth and there isn't much of that left.  Farming in BC is and has been a joke and to say that the NDP are against it when the BC libs threw money towards seeing farmland replaced by vineyards and wineries while also developing or flooding major portions of what still exists as arable land is a joke.

As for the human rights things/  GD you're privileged mate if you genuinely think that the NDP platform infringes on anything close to that and you should be gd thrilled your biggest fear is a rainbow flag or a dude in a dress

Well now they are Conservative.  Haven't you been paying attention?  😄

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Absolutely rich considering this guy has been quoted in this thread saying he doesn't care about the constitution, the document stating what rights Canadians are entitled to.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol, ok so again

Why are you so afraid of conservative rule?

How can anyone be happy with the state of this province right now.

We are by far the most expensive place to live in north America.

Housing, gas, groceries, taxes....

You don't place any blame on our current provincial govt ?

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

Who controls the prices of housing, gas and groceries?

Just you know, curious about who you believe controls and sets those prices.

follow up, how do you think the Conservatives will magically fix that and what do you think will happen to the economy if they actually do what needs to be done in order to control those prices?

Why am I afraid of conservative rule?  I am not.  We don't HAVE conservatives though, we have SOCIAL conservatives.  Reformer conservatives.  We haven't had a true series of or set of Conservatives in this nation since Mulroney.  I am afraid of the Rustad party because they are full of social cons and former bc liberals and that should scare most people who are paying attention.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Racism, transphobia, poor policies on housing, education, and healthcare.  Rustad's plans will make the province uninhabitable if he's allowed to inflict his barbaric beliefs on us. These morons have absolutely nothing positive to offer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Which part of that is your rights issue?

14 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Are you talking about Vancouver?  It has been expensive there for a very long time.   That's one of the main reasons I left there almost 25 years ago.

Have you ever looked up the prices in other places in North America and Europe?  I'd say Asia too but I would not want to talk about things I don't know for sure or just make shit up to prove a point. 

There are no end of problems to list.  That's easy.  What is more difficult is to list valid causes and workable solutions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

LMAO.....most expensive LMAO

• ThereItIs 1

Eby urges Green voters to 'stick together' with NDP to keep Conservatives from office

Green Leader Sonia Furstenau said voters should consider what they want to hear from the parties during the campaign and evaluate their platforms in making their ballot choice.

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

BC Conservative candidates on Vancouver Island endorse two-tier healthcare system

https://www.victoriabuzz.com/2024/10/bc-conservative-candidates-on-vancouver-island-endorse-two-tier-healthcare-system/

Not surprised. Dismantling Canadian healthcare system has been the wet dream of many US health insurance companies who have no where else to expand. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Clearly the people arguing with me don't have young kids .I may as well be arguing with brick walls 

I actually have two boys in intermediate grades. You're views are just ignorant and hateful Breadnbiggot.

Anyway... In other BC Con news:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I actually have two boys in intermediate grades. You're views are just ignorant and hateful Breadnbiggot.

Anyway... In other BC Con news:

Bryan doesn’t want to but I do so let’s dig into one. Was this funny or taken out of context Bry?

There were odd comments about breastfeeding, a post about Breguet’s opposition to placing a Pride flag on a fire truck and another musing that high rates of Indigenous people in prisons could be because they “commit more crimes. Like Black people in the U.S.” Indigenous people in Canada are more than five times as likely to be imprisoned as non-Indigenous people.

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Eby urges Green voters to 'stick together' with NDP to keep Conservatives from office

Green Leader Sonia Furstenau said voters should consider what they want to hear from the parties during the campaign and evaluate their platforms in making their ballot choice.

Eby is overstepping here, and it's a bit rich given the treatment of the greens by the NDP.

People should vote for their own reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Bryan doesn’t want to but I do so let’s dig into one. Was this funny or taken out of context Bry?

There were odd comments about breastfeeding, a post about Breguet’s opposition to placing a Pride flag on a fire truck and another musing that high rates of Indigenous people in prisons could be because they “commit more crimes. Like Black people in the U.S.” Indigenous people in Canada are more than five times as likely to be imprisoned as non-Indigenous people.

It's like there's a whole group of people that just missed the steps forward the rest of society has taken on things like race, gender etc. And they want to run the government! 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Housing - NDP have enacted some of the biggest changes in regards to housing. Rents have come down. Housing prices have stopped their climb. Fighting against mass immigration which isn't a provincial issue.

Gas- has very little to do with provincial leadership. 

Groceries - almost nothing to do with provincial leadership 

Taxes - ? BC has the 2nd lowest personal income provincial tax rates amongst most of the population (other provinces tax burden gets lower if you're making >150,000 per year. We could stand to reduce things like the payroll tax though.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Cheers 1

On 10/8/2024 at 9:19 PM, UnkNuk said:

I may have misheard her, but did she say that natural gas is just as bad as coal in terms of its environmental impact?

If so, that's news to me.

Sorry took me a while to respond to your question but there are some real problems with natural gas and LNG - it has been painted as a "transition fuel" and made to appear benign.  Here is a study done by Cornell University: Liquefied natural gas carbon footprint is worse than coal | Cornell Chronicle.  This report doesn't even touch on the fracking extraction process - methane does escape in this process and it also contaminates the large amounts of water required to service the process.  I have seen film of folks in the Peace area igniting gas in the water coming out of their taps and over their local streams.  Another point not mentioned by other posters is that research is now showing that there are health risks to using natural gas in the home.   A number of municipalities are not allowing new builds to install natural gas appliances (Vancouver banned them, though just recently backtracked on this...)

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Sooey Steamer said:

Sorry took me a while to respond to your question but there are some real problems with natural gas and LNG - it has been painted as a "transition fuel" and made to appear benign.  Here is a study done by Cornell University: Liquefied natural gas carbon footprint is worse than coal | Cornell Chronicle.  This report doesn't even touch on the fracking extraction process - methane does escape in this process and it also contaminates the large amounts of water required to service the process.  I have seen film of folks in the Peace area igniting gas in the water coming out of their taps and over their local streams.  Another point not mentioned by other posters is that research is now showing that there are health risks to using natural gas in the home.   A number of municipalities are not allowing new builds to install natural gas appliances (Vancouver banned them, though just recently backtracked on this...)

One non peer reviewed paper funded by an anti-fracking group. I wouldn't be rushing to shut down BC lng over this.

I read the work related to the cooking fuel research, also highly suspect in it's approach.

Guess what, there are groups out of the US that also want Canada to stop exporting coal. 

And shut off tmx.

Same group that funded the debunked Gasland film paid for the Cornell paper btw.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1