B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

That was just one reason.

I mentioned in a previous post about the ndp presence in the interior, how they handled the forest fires and how they treat farmers.

Their entire platform is pathetic. Authoritarian and infringes on human rights.

lol what world do you live in?

An interview piece of the fellow who helped Kevin Falcon win the BCLib leadership, and why this election he's voting NDP.

(Copy/paste from The Tyee is craptastic for maintaining formatting, so I'm only providing a URL.)

https://thetyee.ca/News/2024/10/14/Key-BC-Liberal-Strategist-Voting-NDP/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

An interview piece of the fellow who helped Kevin Falcon win the BCLib leadership, and why this election he's voting NDP.

(Copy/paste from The Tyee is craptastic for maintaining formatting, so I'm only providing a URL.)

https://thetyee.ca/News/2024/10/14/Key-BC-Liberal-Strategist-Voting-NDP/

Interesting. He is right about the loss of a centre right and the lack of a plan by Rustad. And about the ugliness in the rhetoric. 

He is clearly fishing for his next consulting gig but he's also not wrong.

10 hours ago, Spur1 said:

lol what world do you live in?

A world where farmers that live on aquifers are forced to shut their water off and kill their crops, livelihood, in the name of climate change and droughts.. I repeat.. aquifers....

A world where local loggers who have helped fight forest fires for decades are now unable to due to all the red tape that has been brought in by the NDP.

Most city folk haven't a clue. And I was born and raised in Vancouver and currently live in Surrey. But I spent almost 10 years in the ok and shuswap. 

Ive seen a lot of this province and there's a reason why outside of the mainland the rest of the province is conservative blue.

That's the world I live in, the real world. The liberal mob in places like here, reddit etc are the ones living in lala land.

Edited by Breadnbutta

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting. He is right about the loss of a centre right and the lack of a plan by Rustad. And about the ugliness in the rhetoric. 

He is clearly fishing for his next consulting gig but he's also not wrong.

Yeah, I shared the piece because I felt he elucidated his point of view and concerns quite clearly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

A world where farmers that live on aquifers are forced to shut their water off and kill their crops, livelihood, in the name of climate change and droughts.. I repeat.. aquifers....

A world where local loggers who have helped fight forest fires for decades are now unable to due to all the red tape that has been brought in by the NDP.

Most city folk haven't a clue. And I was born and raised in Vancouver and currently live in Surrey. But I spent almost 10 years in the ok and shuswap. 

Ive seen a lot of this province and there's a reason why outside of the mainland the rest of the province is conservative blue.

That's the world I live in, the real world. The liberal mob in places like here, reddit etc are the ones living in lala land.

There's a "liberal mob"? Where are they, that sounds fun.

20 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

And traditionally us on the Island are not blue, but it could very well be a bit different this year.

You know that Vancouver regional district is over 50% of the population of bc?

When you speak for most of BC and the 'real world', keep that in mind. 

• Cheers 1

Other reasons.

Back in 2009 David Eby said " if someone wants to spend their welfare cheque on crack that's their right"

Uhhh.. that's our fucking tax dollars.  You want to clean up the streets?  Make people take drug tests for welfare cheque's. 

Some construction or rig worker in but fuck nowhere needs to take a drug test to provide for his or her family. Why shouldn't junkies to take social programs 

I'm tired of my tax dollars being wasted.

Bleeding heart liberals with no common sense or direction.

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

And traditionally us on the Island are not blue, but it could very well be a bit different this year.

You know that Vancouver regional district is over 50% of the population of bc?

When you speak for most of BC and the 'real world', keep that in mind. 

What concerns me is I'm seeing the same victim mentality setting in to rural BC that ate the prairies years ago. BC was a bit immune to it because the regions are all so different from each other, but current con politics unites them in a victim blanket. 

The enemy is coming for you - for your kids, your job, a crushing carbon agenda, etc.

If this takes root BC politics  will look a lot more like AB and SK.

This new stuff is even more corrosive than Preston Mannings drivel.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Other reasons.

Back in 2009 David Eby said " if someone wants to spend their welfare cheque on crack that's their right"

Uhhh.. that's our fucking tax dollars.  You want to clean up the streets?  Make people take drug tests for welfare cheque's. 

Some construction or rig worker in but fuck nowhere needs to take a drug test to provide for his or her family. Why shouldn't junkies to take social programs 

I agree, let's not waste tax dollars:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/02/17/the-sham-of-drug-testing-walker-scott-and-political-pandering/

This is the result of your ideas being tried in the real world; they don't work, just like the rest of Rustad's platform.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Other reasons.

You know about half the folks dying in the drug crisis are people like construction workers, right? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What concerns me is I'm seeing the same victim mentality setting in to rural BC that ate the prairies years ago. BC was a bit immune to it because the regions are all so different from each other, but current con politics unites them in a victim blanket. 

The enemy is coming for you - for your kids, your job, a crushing carbon agenda, etc.

If this takes root BC politics  will look a lot more like AB and SK.

This new stuff is even more corrosive than Preston Mannings drivel.

Fuck at least you can afford to live there.... the wages are equal to if not better... dollar goes wayyyyy further.

BC Conservatives coupled with a Pierre Poilievre majority in Ottawa will put Canada back on track.

It will take some time though, this province and country is in a sad state.

Now flame away Lib Mob

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You know about half the folks dying in the drug crisis are people like construction workers, right? 

The government can't control what people do in their spare time. They want to waste away doing drugs that's their prerogative. 

And I have first hand experience.  2 of my best friends have battled and beat heroin addictions and my sister in law is a junkie hooker on east hastings and is a stain on my wife's family. 

I have no sympathy for their choices. This government doesn't help with all these ridiculous social programs and free drugs.

But the hard working middle class gets fuck all.

I'm tired of it. 

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

Fuck at least you can afford to live there.... the wages are equal to if not better... dollar goes wayyyyy further.

BC Conservatives coupled with a Pierre Poilievre majority in Ottawa will put Canada back on track.

Now flame away Lib Mob

The combination of those two  groups will collectively destroy the province.  Think about how many new homeless people we'll get once the rent control is removed, and how many doctors will leave to go somewhere with a civilized government.  Nazification is not a good solution no matter how much some want to inflict their bigotry on the rest of us.

So move to SK. It's a free country.

PP hasn't promised you anything real. I have no doubt you'll feel better tho. 

Now flame away Lib Mob

You aren't being flamed, you are being fact checked.

You post bullshit.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

The government can't control what people do in their spare time. They want to waste away doing drugs that's their prerogative. 

And I have first hand experience.  2 of my best friends have battled and beat heroin addictions and my sister in law is a junkie hooker on east hastings and is a stain on my wife's family. 

I have no sympathy for their choices. This government doesn't help with all these ridiculous social programs and free drugs.

I'm tired of it. 

Pull your head out champ. You get to live in the best place on earth, have every chance to succeed, and all you can do is bitch.

I'm tired of it. 

Is it their prerogative or their right?  Careful, because someone might quote you out of context on this in about 16 years.