B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm sure having such loving family as yourself is incredibly supportive for her.

I've never met her.

My wife has nothing to do with her.

She's a step sister, quite a bit older. When my wife was young her family went to Disney land and older sister stayed home to home sit.

They came home to the house trashed, urination and defecation all over the house, her bed, 10 year old girls bedroom. Needles,  piss, 

Her step sister is scum of the earth.

These are the people our tax dollars and social programs help 

5 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

The government can't control what people do in their spare time. They want to waste away doing drugs that's their prerogative. 

And I have first hand experience.  2 of my best friends have battled and beat heroin addictions and my sister in law is a junkie hooker on east hastings and is a stain on my wife's family. 

I have no sympathy for their choices. This government doesn't help with all these ridiculous social programs and free drugs.

But the hard working middle class gets fuck all.

I'm tired of it. 

Did you have two uncles who almost died from the Covid vaccines too? 

• ThereItIs 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/b-c-conservatives-release-education-policy-plans-ahead-of-election-day/ar-AA1sczfZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=67551a66276645b1abd0c79feae5f944&ei=27

"

VANCOUVER — The B.C. Conservatives have unveiled their education policy plans about six days before the Oct. 19 voting day.

The plan includes reinstating provincial exams for Grade 10 and 12 students, restoring letter grades from Grade 4 to 9, and ending SOGI 123.

The provincial government website says B.C.'s SOGI program was introduced to help make schools inclusive and safe for all students and includes teaching them about sexual orientation and gender identity.

In a news release, B.C. Conservative Leader John Rustad criticizes the NDP for "undermining the accountability in B.C.’s education system" and "introducing ideological programs into classrooms that distract from core learning and erode parental trust."

The conservatives say, if elected, they also intend to restore school liaison officer programs, offer funding to parents of children with autism and offer tax credits or direct payments for parents who homeschool their children.

The news release appeared to have been removed from the B.C. Conservatives' website shortly after it was issued, but the party said it was due to a "copy edit issue" and that it would be republished once fixed.

Their education plans did not include any details of cost, but Rustad said Saturday that he will release his party's costed election platform on Tuesday.

The NDP responded in a news release Sunday saying it is concerned Rustad's education plans would lead to increased class sizes.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 13, 2024.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

I've never met her.

She's a step sister, quite a bit older. When my wife was young her family went to Disney land and older sister stayed home to home sit.

They came home to the house trashed, urination and defecation all over the house, her bed, 10 year old girls bedroom. Needles,  piss, 

Never met her but she's the scum of the earth according to your expert opinion.  I'll refrain from sharing my opinion of you out of respect for the staff here.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

I've never met her.

Aren’t we supposed to try and help people who are struggling? What should we do instead? 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Never met her but she's the scum of the earth according to your expert opinion.  I'll refrain from sharing my opinion of you out of respect for the staff here.

This isn't my first account heff I don't think too highly of you either.

I remember your thoughts on JR and Ian Cole 

If anyone is quick to judge anyone it's you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/b-c-conservatives-release-education-policy-plans-ahead-of-election-day/ar-AA1sczfZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=67551a66276645b1abd0c79feae5f944&ei=27

"

VANCOUVER — The B.C. Conservatives have unveiled their education policy plans about six days before the Oct. 19 voting day.

The plan includes reinstating provincial exams for Grade 10 and 12 students, restoring letter grades from Grade 4 to 9, and ending SOGI 123.

The provincial government website says B.C.'s SOGI program was introduced to help make schools inclusive and safe for all students and includes teaching them about sexual orientation and gender identity.

In a news release, B.C. Conservative Leader John Rustad criticizes the NDP for "undermining the accountability in B.C.’s education system" and "introducing ideological programs into classrooms that distract from core learning and erode parental trust."

The conservatives say, if elected, they also intend to restore school liaison officer programs, offer funding to parents of children with autism and offer tax credits or direct payments for parents who homeschool their children.

The news release appeared to have been removed from the B.C. Conservatives' website shortly after it was issued, but the party said it was due to a "copy edit issue" and that it would be republished once fixed.

Their education plans did not include any details of cost, but Rustad said Saturday that he will release his party's costed election platform on Tuesday.

The NDP responded in a news release Sunday saying it is concerned Rustad's education plans would lead to increased class sizes.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 13, 2024.

Lots of craperolla in there. But we don’t have Government Exams? What’s this guy going on about? 

12 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Nope I'm double vaccinated.

Abd to quote someone else. I do live in the best place on earth. I'm a proud British Columbia who hates my government.

Maybe hating isn't the answer to problems.

Maybe empathy and support get better results. Not always immediate, but in the long run. If one person in a hundred is saved because they had hope through others who didn't give up on them, we'd be making progress.

I, too, come from a family that had substance abuse issues. One with nearly 20 years sobriety now who we never gave up on. We loved him and knew the clutches of addiction were deeply embedded but...he was worth it. He was our loved one. Not a hated one. Shaming people never helps them to recover. Often shame is the root of the problem to begin with. Isolation and not having anyone.

People who hate honestly aren't any better than those who leave a mess in a house in my view. They're both sick.

We talk of teaching our children....teach them to love not hate. The world will be a better place.

Voted early (yesterday). 

One thing I don't understand is how someone can run in a riding they've never lived in. How can they be best for our community when they aren't even part of it? 

Also...lawyers who refust to even divulge where they live and refrain from answering all the questions asked of them. Hard pass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Maybe hating isn't the answer to problems.

Maybe empathy and support get better results. Not always immediate, but in the long run. If one person in a hundred is saved because they had hope through others who didn't give up on them, we'd be making progress.

I, too, come from a family that had substance abuse issues. One with nearly 20 years sobriety now who we never gave up on. We loved him and knew the clutches of addiction were deeply embedded but...he was worth it. He was our loved one. Not a hated one. Shaming people never helps them to recover.

People who hate honestly aren't any better than those who leave a mess in a house in my view. They're both sick.

We talk of teaching our children....teach them to love not hate. The world will be a better place.

Voted early (yesterday). 

One thing I don't understand is how someone can run in a riding they've never lived in. How can they be best for our community when they aren't even part of it? 

Also...lawyers who refust to even divulge where they live and refrain from answering all the questions asked of them. Hard pass.

Excellent point about candidates running in riding they don’t live. Those are clearly people seeking power rather than wanting to actually work for the community. It’s an easy no if a person like that comes up. 
And it shouldn’t be allowed. Don’t live in a community and definitely not eligible. 

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Nope I'm double vaccinated.

Abd to quote someone else. I do live in the best place on earth. I'm a proud British Columbia who hates my government.

Hates? 

You admit you have it better than most of the planet but you are still full of hate.

Don't you see a disconnect there? Even a little?

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Excellent point about candidates running in riding they don’t live. Those are clearly people seeking power rather than wanting to actually work for the community. It’s an easy no if a person like that comes up. 
And it shouldn’t be allowed. Don’t live in a community and definitely not eligible. 

The two that concern me here in Richmond:

Michell Mollineaux (from Vancouver) - Conservative

Steve Kooner (lists himself as a lawyer but is he also in real estate/development? There is someone with the same name but unsure if it's the same guy?) - didn't divulge where he lives (Surrey?), nor did he answer all the questions asked of all candidates (below). I don't like vague and avoidance in politics.  - Conservative

463014492_10161345401905549_274333045265

I like transparency and some form of connection other than just interest in real estate. Which has been more of a problem with speculating/mega mansions here than anything.

https://www.richmond-news.com/2024-bc-votes/bc-election-2024-richmond-queensborough-candidate-steve-kooner-9632815

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The disconnect is because he yearns for a BC from the 1950s, when BC was still racist and intolerant towards "others", before the hippies came and wrecked it for everyone in the 1960s.  :classic_rolleyes:

You're arguing with a fossil, bruh.

Stinky hippies.

I see a lot of complaints about other people's life choices, and someone living in a great place.

And yet, he's angry and wants to hate. 

This is what PP has brought to Canada.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Stinky hippies.

I see a lot of complaints about other people's life choices, and someone living in a great place.

And yet, he's angry and wants to hate. 

This is what PP has brought to Canada.

Correction: the sentiment existed in one form or another and in varying amounts depending on the person, but pp has found some of the exact nerves to strike to tap into that negative energy.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You're arguing with a fossil, bruh.

I've seen people express the opinion, that all this noise and fury, is the last gasp of a dying ideology.

Those far right nutters have realized this is the end, and are struggling for one last moment in charge.

soon they will be gone, and the reasonable people will then continue on, into the future.

bloody loud and annoying, till then though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I've seen people express the opinion, that all this noise and fury, is the last gasp of a dying ideology.

Those far right nutters have realized this is the end, and are struggling for one last moment in charge.

soon they will be gone, and the reasonable people will then continue on, into the future.

bloody loud and annoying, till then though.

The Trumpets down south did one thing....they taught people to yell at clouds in order to be heard. Sh disturbers for the win? And there are those who are deaf (dumb and blind) who tap into that. Canada's nutjobs are following that lead. The rahrahrah save our country crowd who've bought in based on a cult like atmosphere and following. They feel a sense of belonging there. 

Rustad, to me, is robotic, scripted, programmed and I don't see a human element to him. He's AI personified.  Even his wife's attempts through an ad that shows him...chopping wood. OK, sure.

Childless but wants to ensure OUR children are this or that. For his wife's ad to somehow plead on our sympathies because they're childless....adoption's an option. If you're part of a party that's shown to be against women deciding on their bodies/pregnancies then perhaps one of those saved babies could join your privileged childless family. Cancer may have stopped them from having kids but....there are other ways to start a family. Save a baby.

(I only use this because apparently being childless makes you a crazy cat person. Nothing wrong with that but some will portray those people as nutjobs). FTR: my kids have opted to be childless so I'm not standing in judgement, just been hearing alot about "childless" people like they're somehow flawed. But I guess that only applies to women.

• Upvote 1