B.C. Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Frankly this election would be a blowout NDP win if John Horgan was never sick with Cancer. 
I don't like David Eby, and many voters on both sides of the spectrum also don't like him. The fact that a personally unlikeable Premier is outpolling his opponent speaks volumes to the offerings from both parties. 

I already voted by mail in ballot, for the NDP candidate in my riding, I don't mind sharing that. The team and policy is what I am voting for, while at the same time voting to reject John Rustad, just like his own party rejected him as their leader before he swapped to the CONS and made some back room deals to secure what power he could leading into this election. 

I am hopeful that most of the population of BC will also reject John Rustad's conspiracy theorists party of Big Business, big Gas and Big failures for BC. 

THat is about as partisan as I can get, for a guy whose own team isn't even in this election.

I actually prefer Eby to Horgan. I think he comes off more genuine and well spoken although I'll admit I didn't catch the debate. I have seen him speak in press conferences many times and have seen him answer some pretty tough questions pretty well. Opinions and assholes though, amirite? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I actually prefer Eby to Horgan. I think he comes off more genuine and well spoken although I'll admit I didn't catch the debate. I have seen him speak in press conferences many times and have seen him answer some pretty tough questions pretty well. Opinions and assholes though, amirite? 

I dont think the difference between Eby and Horgan matters. 

The only reason the Cons have any momentum is that they carry the brand name...'Conservative'

The party is hollow, just got put together, and released their plan about a minute ago. 

It's the new team vs team world. Cons are proving that with Rustad. The man is a massive twit, but he's their twit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont think the difference between Eby and Horgan matters. 

Horgan was much more practical. I don't think we'd see 9 billion dollar deficits.

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The only reason the Cons have any momentum is that they carry the brand name...'Conservative'

The party is hollow, just got put together, and released their plan about a minute ago. 

It's the new team vs team world. Cons are proving that with Rustad. The man is a massive twit, but he's their twit.

My worst twit is preferred to your best twit? That's pretty much modern conservative thinking.

Edited by Bob Long

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

My worst twit is preferred to your best twit? 

The Con ad blast during the game last night was well done.

People with trans kids, recovering addicts, young alternative looking moms....all are going to vote 'Conservative' ( sans BC tag) for the first time in this election.  😑

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The Con ad blast during the game last night was well done.

People with trans kids, recovering addicts, young alternative looking moms....all are going to vote 'Conservative' ( sans BC tag) for the first time in this election.  😑

Thank god for the mute button.

The polls are interesting. Main Street has a big con lead, all the others a lot tighter on overall popularity. 338 models by riding and it's not looking like a con victory. 

It'll be a really interesting check on federal predictions.

I can't stand the social con crap. If they dropped that stuff I think the polls would be flipped.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, aGENT said:

😮‍💨

Kelowna is the 3rd biggest city in Alberta and has a massive influx of older crowds that always lean that one way.

Don't be shocked, Kelowna has voted this way forever and is 100% not the brightest group.  We call them Kelownafornians for a reason.

Also, this highlights why I keep saying don't vote for the party.  Not a single person there could expand on why they voted the way they did.

Change...change...have some change...come on

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kelowna is the 3rd biggest city in Alberta and has a massive influx of older crowds that always lean that one way.

Don't be shocked, Kelowna has voted this way forever and is 100% not the brightest group.  We call them Kelownafornians for a reason.

Also, this highlights why I keep saying don't vote for the party.  Not a single person there could expand on why they voted the way they did.

They dont know what election they are voting in.

Good god. 

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Rustad is going to run a 11+Bil deficit followed by a mess.

Good plan. /s

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/conservative-platform-1.7352588

This is why it wasn't an easy choice for me: https://www.biv.com/news/retail-manufacturing/decline-in-bc-manufacturing-sector-nearing-crisis-level-9651435

Eby has left our manufacturing hanging.

I just have to hope that the NDP stops seeing these businesses as unimportant.

I'm more pissed off that I'm left with having to support regressive social bullshit in order to support BC manufacturing.

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

remember when the BClibs (changed name to BCup, then fled to BC CONS) were going to make kelowna the capital of BC? it was only 8 years ago! Jebus Hatch Kristo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Horgan was much more practical. I don't think we'd see 9 billion dollar deficits.

My worst twit is preferred to your best twit? That's pretty much modern conservative thinking.

Maybe not, but probably likely. That thing called Covid is a good part of that deficit.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I just read that article on another site. Is this legal in BC? Probably is, but I thought some of these loopholes were closed because there weren't names on the donors.

I'm not sure, but our country needs to key in on election interference within the country as much as it does out of it imo

It's annoying, I've talked about it in the Canadian politics thread, but there's a bunch of these conservative backed groups on Facebook and so on

Canada Proud this, whatever proud that, and they always propagate conservative talking points 

I don't engage with them so as to not fuck with my algorithm, but it's always Cons coopting Canadiana to try and sell their message

There's been a noticeable uptick of it within the last half decade or so  

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I just read that article on another site. Is this legal in BC? Probably is, but I thought some of these loopholes were closed because there weren't names on the donors.

Legal for Alberta to send it's "downtrodden" with one way Greyhound tickets to BC.  It was the Rummy Klein way...

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

remember when the BClibs (changed name to BCup, then fled to BC CONS) were going to make kelowna the capital of BC? it was only 8 years ago! Jebus Hatch Kristo.

I do!

I also know that Rustad promising to build a new bridge will actually only piss off Kelowna residents because it won't help.  At all.  Will cost about $600 million and will be worthless about 3 months after it opens

• Thanks 1