The Hot Sauce Thread

The Arrogant Worms

On 9/28/2023 at 12:27 AM, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Yes, Franks does that good tasting part right, despite not being particularly hot.  Franks-flavoured wings are ideal in my books.

One of my favorite uses for extract sauces is to mix a couple of drops into Frank's.  Spicier wings and doesn't alter the flavor.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

actually gonna try this.

Thanks for the heads up!

Add a little butter to any hot sauce that you want to coat your wings/legs thighs or chicken breast. 

It also makes a great wet coating to use as the base before adding breadcrumbs and then baking/frying. 

Make sure there’s not too much liquid on the chicken if you want to add the breadcrumbs or outer option for a spicier crispy chicken. 

The ironic thing about this thread is I've just recently gotten into hot sauces. I feel like you guys are stalking me or something, 1st whiskey, now hot sauces (because the world totally 100% unconditionally evolves around me of course).

Anyway, I started out with Frank's, then I got into Cholula. A friend who sells hot sauces has started me down the path of less mainstream hot sauces.

• Like 1

I used to eat all sorts of hot sauces. I love peppers, both hot and sweet types. I’ve moved onto dried and powdered pepper primarily now. Dried, smoked and ground into a powder and  into shaker jars. 
Ghost, Habanero, Messila and Cayenne are all good for drying. I cut slits in them and then thread them

on a long string to hang in the sun and breeze. It’s important to slit them so air moves through and they don’t go bad. If weather doesn’t cooperate they can be dried in the smoker or oven. 

My peppers are just about done for this year. Picked these ghost and habaneros a day ago and will process them soon. image.thumb.jpg.382146c390455052b772251c341124a0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I may have shared this story on the old forum (unable to confirm now since my posts appear to have been deleted), but on a roadtrip we made to another chapter of our fraternity, we stopped in South Dakota, and while whooping it up with the guys there, someone whipped out a bottle of hot sauce that they had recently acquired.  I believe it was Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce.  I tried a drop, and had hiccups that wouldn't stop for about an hour.  Another guy forgot to wash his hands and went to pee... and moments later, he came running out of the washroom declaring to everyone within earshot (and many that would normally be out of earshot) "MY DICK IS ON FIRE MY DICK IS ON FIRE!!", scaring off all the ladies who had come over to visit the boys and check out us "Canadians, eh?" visitors.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I may have shared this story on the old forum (unable to confirm now since my posts appear to have been deleted), but on a roadtrip we made to another chapter of our fraternity, we stopped in South Dakota, and while whooping it up with the guys there, someone whipped out a bottle of hot sauce that they had recently acquired.  I believe it was Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce.  I tried a drop, and had hiccups that wouldn't stop for about an hour.  Another guy forgot to wash his hands and went to pee... and moments later, he came running out of the washroom declaring to everyone within earshot (and many that would normally be out of earshot) "MY DICK IS ON FIRE MY DICK IS ON FIRE!!", scaring off all the ladies who had come over to visit the boys and check out us "Canadians, eh?" visitors.

Unfortunately have done that. A few years ago, I made a hot sauce with Trinidad Scorpion peppers. I used heavy duty gloves. But I guess some got on my hand, and I went to take a leak. Felt like I was on fire.

• Huggy Bear 1