2025 NHL Entry Draft

20 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Yeah I was watching McQueen highlights this afternoon, and I can definitely see the appeal. I gotta look up when the Wheat Kings visit the Blades.

There arsome really good goalies this draft. I could see Ravensburgen go as early as top 20, but after him I could see Ondrej Stebetak being a late first as well. Beyond that Love Harestam, Semyon Frolov, Carl Axelsson, Mans Goos, Jack Ivankovic, Bjorn Bronas all look like potential 2nd-3rd rounders.

Love Harestam and Mans Goos are absolute elite names 🤣

• Haha 2

I'm on the Benak train. Think we might actually get a shot at the draft. We have a lot of shooters. He's a hell of a playmaker. In any round I think it could be a mistake to pass on him. It will come down to who else is on the board. Fight in the dawg n all that I think he will be a player. How good of one could be very exciting. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

On 9/22/2024 at 11:50 PM, Hammertime said:

I'm on the Benak train. Think we might actually get a shot at the draft. We have a lot of shooters. He's a hell of a playmaker. In any round I think it could be a mistake to pass on him. It will come down to who else is on the board. Fight in the dawg n all that I think he will be a player. How good of one could be very exciting. 

He does look pretty slick. But like you said, will depend what's on the board. As I've talked about, I believe this is at least an above average draft class, and I'd be surprised if he goes inside the top 25. Hard to imagine many NHL GMs taking him over NHL-sized forwards like Caden Taylor, Brady Martin, David Lewandowski, Shane Vansaghi, Alex Pershakov. All pretty darn talented in their own rights.

2 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

He does look pretty slick. But like you said, will depend what's on the board. As I've talked about, I believe this is at least an above average draft class, and I'd be surprised if he goes inside the top 25. Hard to imagine many NHL GMs taking him over NHL-sized forwards like Caden Taylor, Brady Martin, David Lewandowski, Shane Vansaghi, Alex Pershakov. All pretty darn talented in their own rights.

I think this draft I'm on the hunt for an elite playmaker. I would consider that this clubs biggest  need. We have a ton of shooters on long term deals. I agree though  I think Benak may even find himself taken in the 2nd. 

On 9/24/2024 at 5:47 PM, Hammertime said:

I think this draft I'm on the hunt for an elite playmaker. I would consider that this clubs biggest  need. We have a ton of shooters on long term deals. I agree though  I think Benak may even find himself taken in the 2nd. 

Yeah that's fair.

Earlier in the summer I thought maybe Eklund could be a target for Canucks' range, but now that some rankings are coming out it's looking like he's probably gone by the mid-teens.

Another guy I think is not far off from Benak or Mooney in terms of pure skill, but not quite so tiny, is Conrad Fondrk. He was another one I thought might fall, but I just checked EP and looks like he's ranked late teens to early 20s. He'd be one of the most intriguing prospect that I'd have a realistic hope could fall to the Canucks, but a few others to keep an eye on as far as high-end playmakers would be Bill Zonnon, Jordan Gavin, Jake O'Brien.

Cole Reschny would probably fit into the same category as Fondrk: really high-end skill and playmaking but just a little on the small side; both likely gone by the teens or early 20s though.

Then there's Viktor Klingsell, who I have in my top 15 but doesn't seem to be on the radar for most of the online rankings, so I'd be ecstatic if the Canucks grabbed him.

Edited by MatchesMalone

2 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Yeah that's fair.

Earlier in the summer I thought maybe Eklund could be a target for Canucks' range, but now that some rankings are coming out it's looking like he's probably gone by the mid-teens.

Another guy I think is not far off from Benak or Mooney in terms of pure skill, but not quite so tiny, is Conrad Fondrk. He was another one I thought might fall, but I just checked EP and looks like he's ranked late teens to early 20s. He'd be one of the most intriguing prospect that I'd have a realistic hope could fall to the Canucks, but a few others to keep an eye on as far as high-end playmakers would be Bill Zonnon, Jordan Gavin, Jake O'Brien.

Cole Reschny would probably fit into the same category as Fondrk: really high-end skill and playmaking but just a little on the small side; both likely gone by the teens or early 20s though.

Then there's Viktor Klingsell, who I have in my top 15 but doesn't seem to be on the radar for most of the online rankings, so I'd be ecstatic if the Canucks grabbed him.

Klingsell or Eklund would be a pipe dream I think. I would be absolutely extatic if we landed either of them.. 

• Upvote 1