State of CDC Fantasy Hockey

2 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Lol I've been in CDCFL for three years and have yet to receive a reply from this Patrick Kane guy, despite multiple inquiries and proposals. Then he complains about "inner circles".

Yet I'm still in the league. Food for thought.

1 hour ago, MatchesMalone said:

Lol I've been in CDCFL for three years and have yet to receive a reply from this Patrick Kane guy, despite multiple inquiries and proposals. Then he complains about "inner circles".

You're not alone in that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrick Kane said:

I have been around the hockey fantasy space for over 15 years now.  @Ribs

Time and time again, I hear a certain higher-up make questionable trades with "new" GMs only to leave after the deal.

13-14~ years ago, his "cousin" traded him a prime big 50-point RD, for an underwhelming package.

Countless other times he's pulled off sketchy moves, including one recently. He didn't try to make it believable this time, the "GM" left a week after the trade was completed.

I question the integrity of these leagues and feel bad for those not in cahoots with the inner circle.

I see leagues like CDCFL being played to a standard I deem appropriate and fair and wish the other leagues in CDC follow suit. 

What is the trade in question? 

4 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Carefull; I'll sick Sharpy on ya!  🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Patrick Kane said:

I have been around the hockey fantasy space for over 15 years now.  @Ribs

Time and time again, I hear a certain higher-up make questionable trades with "new" GMs only to leave after the deal.

13-14~ years ago, his "cousin" traded him a prime big 50-point RD, for an underwhelming package.

Countless other times he's pulled off sketchy moves, including one recently. He didn't try to make it believable this time, the "GM" left a week after the trade was completed.

I question the integrity of these leagues and feel bad for those not in cahoots with the inner circle.

I see leagues like CDCFL being played to a standard I deem appropriate and fair and wish the other leagues in CDC follow suit. 

Samesies, here over 15 years now as well. Lots of options in fantasy hockey now, have had the pleasure of being a part of GML, CDCFL, GFL, Puck and the briefly run whatthenuck league back in the day. All have their pros and cons I am sure and a great way to spend some time challenging one's self against others to build a winning team while having a good group of people to chat with and build camaraderie along the way. Much respect for the 150+ competing GMs I have faced over the years.

You can tell it is the dog days of summer though or high school is out for break when you see a post like this which is clearly passive aggressive and stirring the pot. If you @Patrick Kane have an issue, maybe address those you question in PM or in a thread and have a civil conversation about your concerns or allegations. You have been a long tenured GM in many leagues though quite inactive on the overall scheme of things so it is a little unfortunate when you don't have the time to be more active and reply in leagues you are a part of that you choose to spend your time by first off tagging the main dude here and then vaguely passive aggressively complaining or stirring the pot about leagues or members in fantasy hockey while beating the drum of CDCFL as the standard of fantasy hockey. Great league, solid commissioner and was great to be a part of no doubt.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Samesies, here over 15 years now as well. Lots of options in fantasy hockey now, have had the pleasure of being a part of GML, CDCFL, GFL, Puck and the briefly run whatthenuck league back in the day. All have their pros and cons I am sure and a great way to spend some time challenging one's self against others to build a winning team while having a good group of people to chat with and build camaraderie along the way. Much respect for the 150+ competing GMs I have faced over the years.

You can tell it is the dog days of summer though or high school is out for break when you see a post like this which is clearly passive aggressive and stirring the pot. If you @Patrick Kane have an issue, maybe address those you question in PM or in a thread and have a civil conversation about your concerns or allegations. You have been a long tenured GM in many leagues though quite inactive on the overall scheme of things so it is a little unfortunate when you don't have the time to be more active and reply in leagues you are a part of that you choose to spend your time by first off tagging the main dude here and then vaguely passive aggressively complaining or stirring the pot about leagues or members in fantasy hockey while beating the drum of CDCFL as the standard of fantasy hockey. Great league, solid commissioner and was great to be a part of no doubt.

Go ahead and pile on my 'inactiveness' and ignore the topic at hand, there are leagues where the people at the top are making trades in bad faith, and you support them. It's fine if you feel that way.

Also I have replied to your every message. 😉 

Edited by Patrick Kane
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Go ahead and pile on my 'inactiveness' and ignore the topic at hand, there are leagues where the people at the top are making trades in bad faith, and you support them. It's fine if you feel that way.

Also I have replied to your every message, I just ignore idiots. 😉 

Not piling on you for being inactive. We've not interacted too much in fantasy leagues specifically, its all good. 

You simply chose to be vague about what your topic of discussion here is and then just assumed I would support poor trading or trades made in bad faith by whom you label as top of league people. 

The one league I am a part of now ( GML ) we don't have " top " people. Anyone can volunteer to take on additional roles to help move the league along and various individuals do ( 1/3 of the membership at any given time ). A few people can perform our clerical duties involving team and league documents that require updating and editing in google docs but otherwise any of our members are free to reach out and offer their time.

Sorry you feel unfair practices plague other leagues and open to constructive discussion and solutions to any issues anytime.

PS: @Patrick Kane if I unintentionally lowballed you in a pm its just that im cheap and likely wouldn't have expected a reply then haha 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I to have been a member of all those league's at one time or another apart from Puck.

I had forgotten you were a member of the whatthenuck league. 

Great little forum and a fantastic league.

I am grateful for the work that you and @Nail @Gator @canuck2xtreme put in creating these league's, and others like @MatchesMalone @Lethunder @arby18 @Sergei Bobrovsky @Optimist Prime

@MeanSeanBean for making them a reality. 

Sorry if I forgot anybody. 

Also a hats off to @Master Mind for creating and running his league.

CFF has a fantastic fantasy community.

One that I am very happy to have had a long association with.

I have had a hard time thinking of anything to say here. 😕 

I joined the GML 13 years ago, have enjoyed that and the CDCFL, along with Master Minds league, and now Gators league, the GFL, substantially. They have all combined to prove very highly entertaining and relative to the free to play level and the many hours of unpaid work that goes into running them, have collectively been a good time for a dozen years now.

I think part of the strength of this section of the forums is the choice of leagues run by, in my opinion, good and well meaning folks who put in tireless hours of unpaid work for all our enjoyment. @Nail, @canuck2xtreme, @Master Mind, @Gator, @Jaku and several other leagues over the years, past and present, first and foremost thank you all for your efforts that have entertained all of our collective Fantasy GMs for so long now. Secondly, I am a bit selfish in asking each of you to keep doing that good work, those of us who play your games truly enjoy the passtime and at least for me, the various leagues have been a bright spot in what has at times been a dark space I exist in. You are all appreciated very much.

That is all I have to say really, but calling on the admin of the site to swat a guy for a trade you feel is not balanced, is kind of odd, at the very least. My advice, to the OP is that if you dislike the person who runs GML, a league you are not even involved in, just don't read that thread. It is easy. 

Sincerely, one of the idiots you never reply to.😁 I kid, I kid. Let's all have fun and stay in our lanes.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3