(Speculation) Canucks interested in Daniel Sprong

Somehow quantity = success? Don't see how using all of our fire powder loading up on 3rd liners will help us advance. We've already got Heinen, Hoglander, Joshua, Blueger, Garland, Suter, Sherwood. Another signing and Podkolzin is playing another full season in the AHL again. This is pretty much the year we either play him or trade him, hes lost much of his value already. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Somehow quantity = success? Don't see how using all of our fire powder loading up on 3rd liners will help us advance. We've already got Heinen, Hoglander, Joshua, Blueger, Garland, Suter, Sherwood. Another signing and Podkolzin is playing another full season in the AHL again. This is pretty much the year we either play him or trade him, hes lost much of his value already. 

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Heinen - Suter - Sherwood

He would be on the outside looking in, which is unfortunate but if we could move him for a defenseman of similar value that would make sense too. 

That forward group to me, on paper, is one of the deepest in team history. If we can get Kylington too we're beyond set. 

Edited by Pears
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Go Podz Go! 

• Cheers 1

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Sprong 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Heinen Suter Sherwood 

Podkolzin

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Myers

Kyllington Desjarnais

Forbort Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

Edited by Rypien-Punch
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Heinen Suter Sherwood 

Podkolzin

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Myers

Kyllington Desjarnais

Forbort Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

I like it. Just take out Sprong. Seems like a loser 

• Thanks 1

40 points but was scratched down the stretch because he doesn’t play defence.

If management signs him, you’d have to think he knows Tocchet’s reputation. Doesn’t seem like a fit but guys can change.

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does he pk? Provide any grit?

Not sure I’m interested in soft goal scorers.

He certainly knows how to choke other people and sucker punch them on the field of play.  Kinda like a modern-day Todd Bertuzzi.

Too soon?  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Heinen Suter Sherwood 

Podkolzin

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Myers

Kyllington Desjarnais

Forbort Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

That may well be the best, most well rounded team this year; More playoffs baby !!      nice job!

I like this idea alot, it would be a great pickup depending on the contract.

Mostly bottom 6 scorer thus-far in his career but adds very legit scoring ability. Even if he's an inconsistency scorer it adds another legit option.

Maybe you get 10 goals in Oct/Nov from Sprong, then he tails off a bit & Heinen/Sherwood/Podz step into his role for a bit, and then Sprong gets another run, and so-on.

Turning to Sprong/Heinen is alot better in a pinch than turning to Lafferty/Karlsson for example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like this idea alot, it would be a great pickup depending on the contract.

Mostly bottom 6 scorer thus-far in his career but adds very legit scoring ability. Even if he's an inconsistency scorer it adds another legit option.

Maybe you get 10 goals in Oct/Nov from Sprong, then he tails off a bit & Heinen/Sherwood/Podz step into his role for a bit, and then Sprong gets another run, and so-on.

Turning to Sprong/Heinen is alot better in a pinch than turning to Lafferty/Karlsson for example.

This. Going from PDG - Åman - Lafferty to Heinen - Suter - Sherwood would be a massive upgrade I'm not sure many people are realizing. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

Would Sprong be a good signing if the cap is low? Yeah probably just given the offense. It seems though that he's purely an offensive player, and isn't the best defensively. 

Which is probably why he's struggled to stick with a team. Given that we've got limited cap remaining, I'd still much prefer we improve that second defensive pairing as I think our offense will be just fine. All this to say though that if we can't improve the D at a reasonable price, and Sprong is available at a reasonable price, then why not! Also maybe then if he produces and is expendable, he would be a trade asset at the TDL 😎

19 minutes ago, Pears said:

This. Going from PDG - Åman - Lafferty to Heinen - Suter - Sherwood would be a massive upgrade I'm not sure many people are realizing. 

Hmm.. Going from 3 players making league minimum 800K to 3 players making 1.8mil of course it is a massive upgrade...  Except that total in 3 million should be going to a top 6 winger. Because 4th liners are just 4th liners. They get 6-10 minutes and their assignment is mostly to be defensive, provide energy and grind. You can argue our 4th line is so good, we can give them more minutes. But I am not sure I've seen that as a winning formula around the league. 

Edited by Drakrami