(Speculation) Canucks interested in Daniel Sprong

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I don't get the fascination they have with Sprong, other than he was drafted by PIT. The Penguins connections with all of the players is getting a little annoying now. 

He is an extremely fast skater he has a thick body and elite hands. Defense is not his strong suit but he is not weak on the puck either.

I'd expect he signs elsewhere in the 2m - 3.5m range per. He would have been someone to look at as a winger for Petey. That speed and those hands would do some damage.

7 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I don't get the fascination they have with Sprong, other than he was drafted by PIT. The Penguins connections with all of the players is getting a little annoying now. 

When you're filling out the last roster spots I'm fine going with the "a bird in the hand is more than two in the bush" approach. 

But to your point, I agree. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I’m torn on that but also we have the cap space. What if Sprong could be a speedy 25 goal 50 point winger in our top 6 at a cheap 1.5 mill or less contract. Could save you your 2nd round pick rather than waiting and trading it for a similar guy at the deadline. Were short on trade assets that I like the idea of adding Sprong and or Kylington now if they’d take 1 year show me deals at cheap money.

If they are super confident with their D-corp (not sure any of us should be), then sure consider it.     Teams pretty balanced cap-wise, I could see the forward group as a cup group, just need EP back and able to do most of what is needed in the post season.    A lot is going to have to go right for the d-corps though.    

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He is an extremely fast skater he has a thick body and elite hands. Defense is not his strong suit but he is not weak on the puck either.

I'd expect he signs elsewhere in the 2m - 3.5m range per. He would have been someone to look at as a winger for Petey. That speed and those hands would do some damage.

He's got a body, it's a good looking body.  It's what you want.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

When you're filling out the last roster spots I'm fine going with the "a bird in the hand is more than two in the bush" approach. 

But to your point, I agree. 

Totally agree. RT will have lots of options in camp. Save the powder. 

• Like 1

Honestly for a cheap contract 2M or less I would love to add Sprong as another option on the top 3 lines. Would rather eliminate PDG/Aman from the lineup. Those 2 are good placeholders but realistically both should be your 13th forward to come in when needed - not regulars in the lineup.

You guys would be totally sprung if we sprang for sprong! 

Seriously though, we should save that cap space for something better, which is why a deal probably hasn't been signed. I like the idea of adding Broberg via a trade. What if some other team offer sheets Holloway? They'd be in deep trouble at that point to encourage negotiation. They have to find a suitor for Kane, which might be hard to do.

18 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Tyson Barrie? He’s the worst defensively though.

Pass on Barrie.

Target the best remaining puck mover that can also be trusted in his own zone.

Whether that’s Kylington, Schultz, or Shattenkirk, it has to be someone Tocc and Foote can trust to take care of their own end.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not if they can't play defence, which is why none of the pylons who are UFAs have been signed.

Yeah, no thanks to Oliver Pylongton. We can wait this out and do better. Teams still have more moves to make.

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pass on Barrie.

Whether that’s Kylington, Schultz, or Shattenkirk, it has to be someone Tocc and Foote can trust to take care of their own end.

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Pass on Barrie.

Kylington pretty please 

The guy can score points at well over 0.5 per game.... how is he still jobless? Heinen is producing at about the same rate and yet he gets $2M?? what's the main differnece?? Heinen can do PK and hits hard??

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

The guy can score points at well over 0.5 per game.... how is he still jobless? Heinen is producing at about the same rate and yet he gets $2M?? what's the main differnece?? Heinen can do PK and hits hard??

because he pretty much only brings OK offence 5 on 5. He's career avg 12 mins per game. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

because he pretty much only brings OK offence 5 on 5. He's career avg 12 mins per game. 

well... if he's OK with a $850k deal.... let's take his "OK offense 5 on 5" until Lekkerimaki is ready to roll!! 

• ThereItIs 1