(Speculation) Canucks interested in Daniel Sprong

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer Vrana on a 1 year deal, provided he's dealt with his off-ice issues.

Ya, he is the only one who has the upside to be a top six which is what we need.

Another bottom six guy and we are just hoping at least one can suddenly take a huge jump.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Not if they can't play defence, which is why none of the pylons who are UFAs have been signed.

Didn't say it had to come from FA, but we will need cap space for it.

no thanks.
real top 6 sniper or nothing
edit : buuuuuuuuuuuttt under a Million, still under the cap without biting the IR, i don't see any pb. 

Edited by DexM94
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

no thanks.
real top 6 sniper or nothing

We probably don't have the money or assets for that, so a cheap bet on Sprong who's scored 18 and 21 goals the last two years in a limited role would be the next best thing. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

We probably don't have the money or assets for that, so a cheap bet on Sprong who's scored 18 and 21 goals the last two years in a limited role would be the next best thing. 

No no not now. We re set. 
i.m talked about TDL. If you can sign Sprong you can save the money to get a 7M guy at the TDL

edit : didn’t see it was a done deal. Under 1M, not bad. 

Edited by DexM94

6 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Tyson Barrie? He’s the worst defensively though.

full time NHL career defensemen with less than amazing defensive skill yet still playing games in guys like Barrie or Schultz. I think you add one to move the puck while playing on the third pair with a Forbort, Juulsen, Desharnais

7 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Sprong led Detroit in shot attempts per 60 and had a pretty good shoting %  11.3 especially when you consider that he's mostly a low danger shooter. 

image.png.3882420d004d5585d0b9227841f45c09.png

Honestly this concerns me more than excites me. His shot attempts are so drastically weighted towards low danger that it leads me to believe he's a very perimeter player, even if his shot is decently accurate. Hopefully he ends up impressing me.

• Vintage 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:19 PM, canucks curse said:

I see this happening if they trade hogz and or podz 

To VGK

Podz

Hogz 

Soucy 

To VAN 

Theadore 

sign sprong 

This is a bad trade lol 

8 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

full time NHL career defensemen with less than amazing defensive skill yet still playing games in guys like Barrie or Schultz. I think you add one to move the puck while playing on the third pair with a Forbort, Juulsen, Desharnais

I'd be surprised if management signed Barrie or Shultz. I think they're pretty much done with roster construction for the summer. They're probably waiting for a team to be desperate with their cap situation, and then pounce on them. Could Vegas be in trouble cap wise? 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd be surprised if management signed Barrie or Shultz. I think they're pretty much done with roster construction for the summer. They're probably waiting for a team to be desperate with their cap situation, and then pounce on them. Could Vegas be in trouble cap wise? 

As long as  Mark Stone is still with the team , he will take one for the team, he has the 3 Februarys in a row (playing fewer games, he should be able to play longer into his career as well)