Twisters Movie Review

12 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It's own thread?

Must be an instant classic.

Oscar nods?

It certainly has plans to take over the box office by tempest.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:16 PM, Barnstorm said:

When is it airing?

It started storming onto the silver screens yesterday.

• Haha 1

I saw Twisters yesterday, and I was a bit disappointed. It didn't feature great actors like Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, Alan Ruck or Philip Seymour Hoffman. Just a random cast of wannabes and that one other guy. The characters in Twisters were a bit annoying as well, but maybe that's just me. 

When the original Twister came out in 1996 the visual effects were amazing. They had barns blowing up and flying cows!  Sure this new Twisters provided some great effects, but I think they could've done a lot more, in the year 2024. 

I'm really not sure why they felt they had to remake this movie. The original is much better IMO.

D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I saw Twisters yesterday, and I was a bit disappointed. It didn't feature great actors like Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, Alan Ruck or Philip Seymour Hoffman. Just a random cast of wannabes and that one other guy. The characters in Twisters were a bit annoying as well, but maybe that's just me. 

When the original Twister came out in 1996 the visual effects were amazing. They had barns blowing up and flying cows!  Sure this new Twisters provided some great effects, but I think they could've done a lot more, in the year 2024. 

I'm really not sure why they felt they had to remake this movie. The original is much better IMO.

D

So you're saying [checking thesaurus] they were:
swindlers, crooks, fraudsters, grifters, and hustlers - the whole swirling lot of them?

Pretty sure we're not in Kansas anymore... :hurhur:

On 7/22/2024 at 1:07 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So you're saying [checking thesaurus] they were:
swindlers, crooks, fraudsters, grifters, and hustlers - the whole swirling lot of them?

Pretty sure we're not in Kansas anymore... :hurhur:

It’s the GOP.

• ThereItIs 1

• 4 weeks later...