[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Krakens, Climate Pledge Arena, September 28, @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #3

Truefan99

Who will win?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2023 at 01:59 AM

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lets go. If we lose them all, where do we meet ?

Us Canuck fans should be used to losing.....    why do the fans here have such high expecations.

Keep the bar super low and you will be happy... expectations met.

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Fact: The terrible preseasons have been followed by terrible starts to seasons.

Exactly.  It's time to trim the roster down and start building some momentum and a winning atmosphere. We've seen this play out the past several seasons now. Walk into the regular season with a terrible preseason and you can guarantee they will struggle out of the gate again.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Fact: Canucks terrible preseasons have been followed by terrible starts to seasons.

Yeah but like 2 terrible months.  Not just starts.  Those teams were just bad. You’d need 35 pre season games to shake off the rust they had.  

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Fact: The terrible preseasons have been followed by terrible starts to seasons.

Not every time. Get Petterson, Hughes, Soucy, McWard, Kuzmenko on the roster with the regulars from tonight’s game and you have a better roster. Tonight should be where there are massive cuts. 

• Cheers 1

It's only the pre season. Im not worried. 

This team probably won't make the playoffs but will be battling for a playoff spot late in the season.

They'll be playing hard all season. It'll be an entertaining team even if they don't make playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Coaching staff trying not to kick him when he is down, but also are committed because Podz is too.

I really hope Podz figures it out. 

He will. He cares. They say he puts a lot of pressure on himself. He’s got to stop worrying / thinking And just play. He could use a year in Abby to be “the guy” and play all special teams and top 6. It will help build his confidence back up.

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Jeremy Hronek said:

With the type of people that live in the lower mainland now, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (although I know you're being sarcastic here).

kids now are probably too lazy to riot......   covid sucked out the work habits of all of BC.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, CanucksCritic said:

Is this the shit we’re going to watch for 3 hours 82 times this season?

I’m not spending a dime on tickets.

gunna assume youre joking and making a rhetorical post but if youre serious fair enough.

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

People need to get a grip. They haven’t even iced the full god damn team yet and they’re ready to jump off the Lions Gate bridge.

Considering we played the AHL team game 1 and half of this group yesterday, this is this group's first game.  Everyone in the org has only played 1 game and Tochett has said this was their plan.  

Ready for the next 3 games, if they suck it up for those then I'll start being concerned.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not every time. Get Petterson, Hughes, Soucy, McWard, Kuzmenko on the roster with the regulars from tonight’s game and you have a better roster. Tonight should be where there are massive cuts. 

Exactly. You combine tonight's with last night's and that's a pretty solid team. 

It's typical, but it's too early to panic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Reminder: good habits start in preseason. 

Everyone knows the NHL pre-season is a travesty of contractual obligations in the league - look at any other league and this would be nonsense. Risking injury, etc. Give players a few exhibition games with a camp that precedes and let’s be done with with it. Far too much pre-season. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Coaching staff trying not to kick him when he is down, but also are committed because Podz is too.

I really hope Podz figures it out. 

Give Podkolzin 2nd line ice-time and give him the necessary ice-time needed to find his confidence and grow his game.  Put him with Miller and also elevate Garland to that line.   

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Beauvillier

Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I find it funny when people say you should stop following the team you have followed for over 30 years because they only want to hear positive fluffy comments.

My point is ... if  u want a winning club to cheer for go  find another team.

Us Canuck fans are a special bunch..    We go through h each year suffering through pain to yet again miss playoffs...

We can hear all kinds of criticism of our club...   just don't expect a bunch of wins...     It always ends in disapointment cheering canucks. 

Edited by moosehead

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

My point is ... if want a winning club to cheer for go  find another team.

Us Canuck fans are a special bunch..    We go through h each year suffering through pain to yet again miss playoffs...

We can hear all kinds of criticism of our club...   just don't expect a bunch of wins...     It always ends in disapointment cheering canucks. 

That's not really being a fan to just switch clubs because you want wins. I want this organization to have a winning team. Lol. The way they have gone about doing it is suspect. Cutting corners is a tough way to get there. They are still trying. At least this management group seems to understand the makings of a winning organization.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1