[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Krakens, Climate Pledge Arena, September 28, @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #3

Truefan99

Who will win?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2023 at 01:59 AM

8 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

No one is tethering you to this team. Ride or die baby. 

@Canuckfanforlife82 - you do realize that the Canucks won the Presidents' Trophy in 2012 as well right?  (11 years ago).  

We finished 6th or 7th overall in 2013, finished Top 10 in 2015, and made the 2nd round in 2020.     

So I disagree with you that "our last great team was in 2011."

• Thanks 1

I loved playing sports from my younger days. Winning days were always highly energized and focused, sometimes rah rah loud but sometimes a tense quietness, loved those days. Our energy seems awkward and sluggish. Kind of sloppy, and shows in the levels of intensity spread out of the group. One thing we can't afford is ego/divas. We're not that good. Huggy has to get them to buy in all at the same time. Miller too.

We can't keep waiting till our backs are against the wall before we start executing our game.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Just now, Jeremy Hronek said:

@Canuckfanforlife82 - you do realize that the Canucks won the Presidents' Trophy in 2012 as well right?  (11 years ago).  

We finished 6th or 7th overall in 2013, finished Top 10 in 2015, and made the 2nd round in 2020.     

So I disagree with you that "our last great team was in 2011."

Whatever it's been a long time. 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am shocked some players came

into camp out of shape. It's a slap

in the face to the organization. I don't get how you don't care enough to come in your best shape as you

possibly couldZ basically telling the team you don't care.

I'm only making such and such, buddy got a raise let him prove it now. 

Instead of fu"" the contracts. That's why Schenn was so cool. 

1 minute ago, Win2024 said:

Really weird how much Seattle was celebrating that win. It's the preseason settle down. I'm gonna be accused of being bitter but even the play by play was yelling like they won a playoff game. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with commentators getting fans excited about hockey.  That's their job.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That's not really being a fan to just switch clubs because you want wins. I want this organization to have a winning team. Lol. The way they have gone about doing it is suspect. Cutting corners is a tough way to get there. They are still trying. At least this management group seems to understand the makings of a winning organization.

you complain and criticize the team a ton, but honestly how would you go about it?, they are trying and waiting to get rid of contracts before they can properly deal with it, did you think getting rid of OEL was a mistake or positive and what would you do differently without having any knowledge behind the scenes?

• Cheers 1

Haven't seen enough from Podkolzin so far for him to make the team, Tocchet likes PDG up there on the 2nd line. Hoglander is getting looks but again, doubt he bumps anyone off so might end up on our 4th line or pressbox but Podz is not showing anywhere near enough drive to make the team so far.

Good thing we got Blueger and Suter, two devent versatile NHLers who have both looked pretty good so far.

• Like 1

Just now, TNucks1 said:

you complain and criticize the team a ton, but honestly how would you go about it?, they are trying and waiting to get rid of contracts before they can properly deal with it, did you think getting rid of OEL was a mistake or positive and what would you do differently without having any knowledge behind the scenes?

Well when you lose as much as they have it's warranted. Sorry I can't be excited for all the losing that has gone on.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

If the full roster puts in another performance like this, I feel like the team needs Captain Hughes to step up and let the boys know that these are not acceptable efforts. Not under his watch. 

They haven’t played with a full roster yet. 

• Thanks 1